The Falkirk FC Thread

FFC dont need much office space. All we need is a High Street location with a club shop and offices above.
The council relocate to TFS and they are welcome to it.
Hire the pitch and the stands required per crowd expected for 25 odd matchdays then have nothing more to do with the place.
Massive cost saving for the club

I’m sure we have a very long lease that Houdini would have trouble escaping from. We’d need to go bankrupt to tear up that contract….oh wait a minute [emoji23]

52 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

FFC dont need much office space. All we need is a High Street location with a club shop and offices above.

The council relocate to TFS and they are welcome to it.

Hire the pitch and the stands required per crowd expected for 25 odd matchdays then have nothing more to do with the place.

Massive cost saving for the club

We already own/have a 125 year lease which doesn’t cost us anything on the pitch, seating area of the main stand and ground floor. It’s the catering facilities and internals of the main stand the club has to pay for. 

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Very fair comment.

As for Brockville it was in a great town centre location and the view of the game was good due to how close to the pitch you were but a lot of rose tinted nonsense talked about the old place to be honest.

It was literally falling to bits, being on the Hope St or Watson St terraces when the weather was bad was a grim experience and whilst the atmosphere could be fantastic it could also be very subdued if the match wasn’t up to much.

Agreed Reggie the proximity at Brockville to the players and opposition fans was far better at brockville. However the other bizarrely disappointing thing about TFS v brockville is that in the main stand at brockville the seats were bone dry and you were out of the wind and rain. when I was buying season tickets at TFS they were expensive prime seats 12 to 14 rows back, the seats and fans were soaked in the rain, the wind howls in, for a not insignificant amount of money it makes for a very miserable viewing experience. poorly designed above and at the sides

27 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Agreed Reggie the proximity at Brockville to the players and opposition fans was far better at brockville. However the other bizarrely disappointing thing about TFS v brockville is that in the main stand at brockville the seats were bone dry and you were out of the wind and rain. when I was buying season tickets at TFS they were expensive prime seats 12 to 14 rows back, the seats and fans were soaked in the rain, the wind howls in, for a not insignificant amount of money it makes for a very miserable viewing experience. poorly designed above and at the sides

Really don’t understand why the wind breaks at the ends of the stand can’t be  extended towards the front.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We already own/have a 125 year lease which doesn’t cost us anything on the pitch, seating area of the main stand and ground floor. It’s the catering facilities and internals of the main stand the club has to pay for. 

Of course it costs us the lease has to be paid for and knowing the morons that agreed it would not surprise me that we get well screwed for it.

What a farce we own some seats and the pitch but lease what they are on therefore FFC have zero physical assets

Have you ever heard of such a bizarre arrangement. 

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Of course it costs us the lease has to be paid for and knowing the morons that agreed it would not surprise me that we get well screwed for it.

What a farce we own some seats and the pitch but lease what they are on therefore FFC have zero physical assets

Have you ever heard of such a bizarre arrangement. 

No, the seats, ground story and pitch doesn’t cost the club a penny. It’s the facilities on the internal of the main stand the club pay to use. Over and above this we pay SA rent for the south stand. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really don’t understand why the wind breaks at the ends of the stand can’t be  extended towards the front.

couldn't agree more, don't get it. south stand is better (and quite rightly) protected at the sides from the elements. we play during a Scottish winter 

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

A slightly different topic, Bullen makes two substitutions after 18 mins, in the Ayrshire derby. Must be a record of sorts

One being James Maxwell who by all accounts been good for Ayr. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

A slightly different topic, Bullen makes two substitutions after 18 mins, in the Ayrshire derby. Must be a record of sorts

I think they were 0-3 down at that point. Killie were the perfect example of everything we are not. They have a great physical presence with players in the key areas who are happy to physically scrap it out for dominance. They coupled that to a very fast start, and they had Ayr dead and buried after 16 minutes. McInnes wasn’t looking for a close cagey tactical game, he was there to win.

No great football on show after that opening, but they simply didn’t have to bother with that.

12 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Talking of Falkirk Council, I see we are getting the highest council tax rise in Scotland😩

And it will go up again as HSW wants them to lose a fortune.

I'd try to explain to him the connection & who ultimately pays, but really why bother 

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think they were 0-3 down at that point. Killie were the perfect example of everything we are not. They have a great physical presence with players in the key areas who are happy to physically scrap it out for dominance. They coupled that to a very fast start, and they had Ayr dead and buried after 16 minutes. McInnes wasn’t looking for a close cagey tactical game, he was there to win.

No great football on show after that opening, but they simply didn’t have to bother with that.

Missed the first twenty or so minutes, but agree no-nonsense football, and give credit where it’s due, Ayr with ten men battled hard. As said game over in first opening minutes.

Looking forward to the game today and full of confidence after Charlie Telfers interview. 

Speaking to the Herald after the match, he said: “I believe we can go on to get wins in succession with this group, I really do. 

"Why can’t we go and get eight wins from eight and put real pressure on them?

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

They sign high profile striker in Lafferty who will win them that league.

We sign Griffiths who takes a good corner 

#recruitmentmatters

Never posted here before but long time lurker. With the FSS AGM on monday, I’m a bit concerned where this is all heading, and had not realised (possibly missed this previously?) that the current FSS representative is a Patron and also one of the new prospective FSS board representatives is also a patron (but for some reason, this was not mentioned on the ballot, which was a bit of a kick in the teeth when I saw this on the old patrons announcement on the official website, AFTER voting). It is my understanding that the patrons group, quite rightly so, has two board positions as things stand. As far as I am aware, the FSS and patrons group are separate, but I am sure many if not all patrons will be members of the FSS. In reality, we could end up with 4 patrons having board positions and no truly independent representation of the FSS.

On the 21st of November 2021, this statement was published on the FSS website the following:

“The club will also announce exciting news about how all supporters can help increase fan ownership and participate in the democratic governance of the club. Working with the Patrons Group, the Falkirk Supporters Society aims to bring about balanced ownership, where no single group has an overall majority and decisions must be made by collaboration and consensus.”

Again, I completely understand that the groups will work together and have overlap. However, the patrons views are already on the board. I cannot understand how having potentially another two patron members, also representing the FSS, can be truly independent. This feels like it’s starting to follow a similar pattern with the Deans regime; hiring pals and people they know (which to be fair, was a much, much bigger deal than this is). To be clear, I’m absolutely not against more patron board members – they have made a huge financial contribution to the club and should have a major say. Maybe an overreaction and not that important, but it just feels a little misleading to have FSS board members also being patrons, without that being made very clear.

7 minutes ago, SteveB1961 said:

Never posted here before but long time lurker. With the FSS AGM on monday, I’m a bit concerned where this is all heading, and had not realised (possibly missed this previously?) that the current FSS representative is a Patron and also one of the new prospective FSS board representatives is also a patron (but for some reason, this was not mentioned on the ballot, which was a bit of a kick in the teeth when I saw this on the old patrons announcement on the official website, AFTER voting). It is my understanding that the patrons group, quite rightly so, has two board positions as things stand. As far as I am aware, the FSS and patrons group are separate, but I am sure many if not all patrons will be members of the FSS. In reality, we could end up with 4 patrons having board positions and no truly independent representation of the FSS.

On the 21st of November 2021, this statement was published on the FSS website the following:

“The club will also announce exciting news about how all supporters can help increase fan ownership and participate in the democratic governance of the club. Working with the Patrons Group, the Falkirk Supporters Society aims to bring about balanced ownership, where no single group has an overall majority and decisions must be made by collaboration and consensus.”

Again, I completely understand that the groups will work together and have overlap. However, the patrons views are already on the board. I cannot understand how having potentially another two patron members, also representing the FSS, can be truly independent. This feels like it’s starting to follow a similar pattern with the Deans regime; hiring pals and people they know (which to be fair, was a much, much bigger deal than this is). To be clear, I’m absolutely not against more patron board members – they have made a huge financial contribution to the club and should have a major say. Maybe an overreaction and not that important, but it just feels a little misleading to have FSS board members also being patrons, without that being made very clear.

The main difference being we now have a 400 strong (and growing) fan group who now get to anonymously vote who 2 board members are. It will never be as bad as the old pals act, because of this fact. In many ways, we now get the board we deserve, as fans need only pledge the fairly small amount of £10 a month to have a meaningful say.

Agree however that it is poor to have had an FSS member, who was up for nomination, who was also a Patron, without being alerted of the fact before vote - should’ve been told before. Imo that is just an oversight - these guys are new and learning on the job. Fine by me. 

Edited by bairn88