The Falkirk FC Thread

We're grinding out results which is nice when you look at the table but there are teams in this league who we should go for the jugular instead of taking the patient approach that we had yesterday.

It will work against teams 'better' than us but you have to imagine next season we could be the biggest team in the league going for the title and we will need to be more adventurous.

We could really do with more creativity in central midfield. Blair came on yesterday but looked like he was on as a defensive midfielder as everything was getting played back.

We're grinding out results which is nice when you look at the table but there are teams in this league who we should go for the jugular instead of taking the patient approach that we had yesterday.

It will work against teams 'better' than us but you have to imagine next season we could be the biggest team in the league going for the title and we will need to be more adventurous.

We could really do with more creativity in central midfield. Blair came on yesterday but looked like he was on as a defensive midfielder as everything was getting played back.

Blair looks a great prospect but I noticed that 9 times out of 10 he immediately turned back instead of forward with the ball as soon as he got it, sort of Barry Ferguson like. Presumably that was on Houston's instruction?

Blair looks a great prospect but I noticed that 9 times out of 10 he immediately turned back instead of forward with the ball as soon as he got it, sort of Barry Ferguson like. Presumably that was on Houston's instruction?

I've seen him a lot in the U20's. He breaks the play up great and almost always looks for the diagonal or the forward pass.

The board. No ambition at all.

Yes I partly agree but the manager had bought the players, set the tactics each week. I don't care what anyone says, his signings have been awful, I expected us to kick on and be a force to be reckoned with but this has not been the case, the football we play is boring, mind numbing, turgid, slow paced, yes we may be grinding out results but is that what we want? How can we get bums on seats playing this type of football. Those respond with we are happy with our performances, league position etc must be deluded... This period of watching Falkirk Football Club is utter crap...i hope the BOD do not consider resigning Houston at the end of his contract but this is Falkirk and expect to be astounded. Football is all about entertainment and we have certainly not done that much this season!!!

Yes I partly agree but the manager had bought the players, set the tactics each week. I don't care what anyone says, his signings have been awful, I expected us to kick on and be a force to be reckoned with but this has not been the case, the football we play is boring, mind numbing, turgid, slow paced, yes we may be grinding out results but is that what we want? How can we get bums on seats playing this type of football. Those respond with we are happy with our performances, league position etc must be deluded... This period of watching Falkirk Football Club is utter crap...i hope the BOD do not consider resigning Houston at the end of his contract but this is Falkirk and expect to be astounded. Football is all about entertainment and we have certainly not done that much this season!!!

calm down, managers get judged on results not entertainment. The amount of teams that have done the smash and grab on Falkirk over the years, we're finally able to do it to teams. Playing yesterday against a team set up for a draw, like playing against a brick wall. Falkirk just can't break teams like that down at times. I'd rather play boring and win than play 'flowing football' and lose every week.

I would only partly agree with that now. They are certainly not united on the way ahead. Those who are still holding the purse strings are the ones holding the club back.

No complaints about yesterday's approach, I had just never seen him before and didn't know what sort of player he was. You'd say he's more in the mould of Kerr?

I don't think he will ever be a box to box type as Kerr was in his younger days. However he has an eye for a pass, isn't afraid to tackle and can hit a cracking shot.

calm down, managers get judged on results not entertainment. The amount of teams that have done the smash and grab on Falkirk over the years, we're finally able to do it to teams. Playing yesterday against a team set up for a draw, like playing against a brick wall. Falkirk just can't break teams like that down at times. I'd rather play boring and win than play 'flowing football' and lose every week.

Even if that means zero entertainment?

Zero entertainment. Do you go to the football on your own? I go for two reasons - to support the team and to spent time with mates. Over the years I have enjoyed some abysmal spells of football because going to the games is far more than just the product on the pitch.

A lot of football under Hughes was turgid crap. I feel many would love to return to those days, no? Certainly folk would like us to spend more in line with the way we did back then. Maybe get us a couple of guys in like Craig Ireland and John Stewart.

If you can see past the utter shambles that has been our cup campaigns so far we are doing very well. Especially compared to the way we have recently started in the Championship.

Saturday wasn't zero entertainment either. The first half was pretty good actually with both teams getting forward and having a go.

The second half was brutal I'll admit as Morton sat in hitting long balls and we didn't have a way to break them down. That's our problem and has been under a few managers now, it's why we do well in the cups against better teams. (This season excepted )

A last minute goal is absolutely superb though no matter how the game has been.