The Falkirk FC Thread

A new stand is less to do with seating and more to do with being able to use the stadium for corporate and business events. At the moment the Club can only use the hospitality facilities in the main stand on matchdays, all other days the facilities are owned by the council and they take any money generated. There's a lot of demand for trade shows, team building days and the like and the Club just has to smile nicely, turn them down and point them towards the council offices.

The last game and the whole last season was something else.

We had talked about a new ground for 15 years and it was finally happening.

Brockville was great for your big game atmosphere, but it was keeping us down.

In 1 way it was good to know we were moving on.

In other way you knew you'd miss the place.

What a season to bow out too

Do fans miss Brockville more now, a few years down the line; than they did soon after leaving it, given that the benefits of moving were immediately clear at the time?

It was an absolutely sensational season. Only spoilt by a nonsense defeat in the last game.

I had a s.t. in the south enclosure (at the foot of the stand, towards the Hope St end) and loved every minute in there, even when we were horse. Still bump into colleagues from there occasionally, in addition to my best "football fwennnd" who sits with me at the Bairnabeu.

As I was going into the turnstiles that fateful day, I saw a guy absolutely inconsolable. Honestly, it was like his mother had died. Lots of brave lads got dust in their eyes at that moment.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

A new stand is less to do with seating and more to do with being able to use the stadium for corporate and business events. At the moment the Club can only use the hospitality facilities in the main stand on matchdays, all other days the facilities are owned by the council and they take any money generated. There's a lot of demand for trade shows, team building days and the like and the Club just has to smile nicely, turn them down and point them towards the council offices.

Spot on. The club are at the mercy of the Stadium Co for all corporate and hospitality pricing. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Do fans miss Brockville more now, a few years down the line; than they did soon after leaving it, given that the benefits of moving were immediately clear at the time?

I don't think the loss will ever leave...

Still trying to work out the benefits when we have had our longest top league spell in my time at the TFS, though the best goal celebration there is in a play off against Queen of the South.

It's the social aspect in that you have to plan to go to a home game at the TFS, whereas brockville = any pub in Falkirk town, walk to the game in 10mins...it's probably done my liver a favour tho

I wonder how the youth of today can get the similar hook that I have who have never really experienced Brockville, I suppose it's down to reasonable success at the TFS...promotion, play offs, cup wins, cup semis and cup finals. The end of the day, I'd watch my team play anywhere....it still won't be Brockville

Genuine question, does our fanbase even have the potential to sell out against an average side. If we gave away free tickets to everyone could we sell close to ten thousand tickets?

I couldn't give away my free ticket for the 5-0 cowdenbeath game last season....!

I suppose it all depends on the circumstances, the Monday night kilmarnock game at reduced prices whilst being on tv nearly did

The big games hurt.

Brockville was the best for a big game.

The short stroll from BTW at 2.45 down to the choir.

Banging the fence like a daftie when Pars were in town.

Sniff sniff got something in my eye

Building a fourth stand is fucking idiotic, and the people who want it are fucking idiots.

Good contribution.

Assume the South stand was idiotic also? Seeing as that's not needed for our core support either?

Edited by RC55 FFC

We have shown before when in the SPL that we are capable of filling more than 6,000 seats, so the South Stand was necessary, and will be again in the future.

We haven't shown when in the SPL that we are capable of filling more than 8,000 seats, so another stand is folly. A colossal waste of money.

Edited by Gaz

We have shown before when in the SPL that we are capable of filling more than 6,000 seats, so the South Stand was necessary.

We haven't shown when in the SPL that we are capable of filling more than 8,000 seats, so another stand is folly. A colossal waste of money.

I've seen Falkirk fill both the West and South stands maybe 2 or 3 times in 10 years without the need to give tickets to the Old Firm, Hearts or Hibs.

For the rest of the games, inc in the SPL, very rarely would we need much more than 4500 seats that the West Stand holds for home supporters.

If FFC were paying to complete the stadium on their own, I'd be less keen to throw money at it, but as it stands we can complete the stadium, add extra footballing facilities and gain income generating options (for the club) for less than a million quid.

We may never get another chance, or better one.

Building a fourth stand is fucking idiotic, and the people who want it are fucking idiots.

Why is it?

Sorry but I think your statement comes from ignorance of why it is gong to be built.

The only planning permission there is for a structure that has seats, so whatever they build has to have that incorporated.

They are not building it for seats but for space to house the Academy and Foundation. Also there will be other space to hire out to other commercial ventures. That will not only bring in extra revenue but reduce costs we currently pay that stadium company.

There won't be anything like the West Stand going up. The new structure could have as few as a 1000 seats I believe.

We have shown before when in the SPL that we are capable of filling more than 6,000 seats, so the South Stand was necessary, and will be again in the future.

It's nothing to do with seats.

It's about spending money to make money.

Maybe some of the 20,000 who went to Hampden in May can come along once in a while and fill the place and we may even find ourselves back there more regularly.

Not finishing the stadium isn't an option.

How many folk out there have more bedrooms in their house than they have people living there.

Why don't we all go round and call them morons

Would have taken a point pre match today but to lose a goal so quickly, Houstie should be asking questions in the dressing room right now.

No ground lost behind us but lost points in front. 6pts is nothing mind you, especially as we play both teams twice in December & January.