The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

I wasn’t sure about Kennedy but he has started to play very well. A real positive from the last few weeks. He has much more to his game than than Morrison IMO. 

I do have concerns over the CB position. Mackie is a strange player. Sometimes he has a relatively sound game with nothing overly concerning (like QOTS), then there are games like yesterday where he hoofs random passes to nobody, gives away daft fouls and panics the whole back line. I don’t think he is the answer unfortunately. I think McKay overall is more solid than him but that’s not saying much. 

I’d like to see what level Watson is at when he returns from injury, although to be honest I reckon he’ll go out on loan and we won’t see him play again for us. 

I think the Mackie one he has lacked game time due to the fact McCann has been consistent and even on a quiet game for him he still gets pass marks. only other way is back to a Henderson, Donaldson pairing or dare I say it a McKay Donaldson combo though Mckay is vastly improved from last season and has a few goals in him he still has his harum scarum moment in him.

Agree with the Watson as I don't see where he can fit in unless a drop in form for any of the CB or even Rowe and even at that McKay would still be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Actually forgot to mention though Kennedy was brilliant yesterday and good to have a talent on either side with either Morrison and Kennedy that can do a run, thought Rowes pace was frightening in bombing up the field.

Also might be a bit early to say this but its been a while since I seen a game with a referee so woeful that most decision went against us and we still managed a win.

4 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

I wasn’t sure about Kennedy but he has started to play very well. A real positive from the last few weeks. He has much more to his game than than Morrison IMO. 

I do have concerns over the CB position. Mackie is a strange player. Sometimes he has a relatively sound game with nothing overly concerning (like QOTS), then there are games like yesterday where he hoofs random passes to nobody, gives away daft fouls and panics the whole back line. I don’t think he is the answer unfortunately. I think McKay overall is more solid than him but that’s not saying much. 

I’d like to see what level Watson is at when he returns from injury, although to be honest I reckon he’ll go out on loan and we won’t see him play again for us. 

I remember people saying he was not an upgrade on McGuffie too. 

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember people saying he was not an upgrade on McGuffie too. 

It was the same with Alegria. Our fans need to be patient, and I appreciate it’s difficult as the last 3 or 4 years have been awful - players generally don’t hit the ground running from game 1 at a new club.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sean Dillon is a disgrace by the way

I said to my mate yesterday at the game, he is and always has been a dirty b*****d of a player. I couldn’t believe he never got at least a booking yesterday but when you assess the refs performance I suppose it was no surprise.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was the same with Alegria. Our fans need to be patient, and I appreciate it’s difficult as the last 3 or 4 years have been awful - players generally don’t hit the ground running from game 1 at a new club.

What it tells you is that they wouldn’t know a football from an Orange 

19 hours ago, Springfield said:

Accompanied by a “neutral” and a great friend from Glasgow’s west end. Interesting to hear his views on todays game. Won’t go on too much but thought the refereeing/lines was utterly appalling and thought the standard was schoolboy level.

Interesting to hear his views. Thought PJ, Rowe, McCann, Henderson, Nesbit, Kennedy were far ahead of others, and liked the effort/running of Morrison and Oliver. Rest he said we’re just about level with this division. 
On the whole can’t disagree too much, but I mentioned we’d probably have lost this game until McGlynn took over.

Dont want to go on about McGinn but he’s done after 60 mins and he takes the team into a crazy open set up for the last 20 mins.

I actually thought McGinn lasted a lot better yesterday, which I’m putting down to having a willing runner in Henderson next to him.

1 minute ago, GeordieBairn said:

Another ex Partick loanee that has terrible reviews from their fans. Alegria turned out alright tbf 

Yeah worrying spell at Partick but Alegria was laughed at there. Kennedy was also seen as a sand dancer at Hamilton and Dunfermline and has been impressive recently

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Tony Weston from Rangers anyone? 

I would take him especially if Alegira is away. Weston dosent get as bad as a write up from thistle fans. Most say he never got a chance and Patrick actually wanted to keep him for the remainder of the season. However, he dosent scream your typical Mcglynn striker - small and lightweight - Mcglynn always prefers a bigger striker. I would still try and sign Kyle Connell if I’m honest. He’s young and got a good scoring rate at this level. 

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is it just me or is that not a stonewall penalty on Henderson in the second half. He shoots just wide but the Montrose defender goes right through him . 

16 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think those ones are difficult for a referee as where do you draw the line, the players got his shot off without being interefered with.  You very rarely see a foul after that. 

Really you'd be disappointed if it was given against you as where is your player meant to go to stop that happening?

16 hours ago, Blame Me said:

It's a free-kick anywhere else on the pitch so should be a penalty in the box. 

On one hand, he was unlucky not to have gained a penalty. Yet on the other, lucky not to have been booked for fouling a defender.🤷‍♂️

ArgentinaCroatiagif.gif

hernandez boufal gif.gif

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Emmmm not sure about that. Watson left and no one batted an eyelid plus he is right sided 

Options are a left footed Mackie who is a left back not a centre back and McKay who is not the best.

Not disastrous to have centre backs stronger on the same side and at this level Watson is a good option.