The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

My sense is that they will need at least 5 players to survive next year as they will not be able to get through a season with McPake’s defensive tactics 

The only two I’d take from their team is the number 3 & number 14  as the rest are essentially journeymen 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This has definitely been better... I like the formation. 

If we do manage to get promoted we need 2 new centre backs.

Donaldson was poor today I thought, not sure who Wighton got in front of for the first but at the second Donaldson was trying nick the ball from the pars player and ending up wrong side of him

( instead of just staying goal side of him) allowing the guy to get a shot in  which also the keeper should do better with. Also caught out of position a few minutes later out at the touchline, Dunfermline break and he can't get back, then proceeds to berate Rowe and McGinn.  McKay is our best centre half, wouldn't have thought I would be saying that after last season. 

Obviously hugely frustrating not to win that but positives were Burrell and Oliver worked well and much more urgency and desire shown than in recent games.

On the downside I think that the rush of late substitutions weakened us particularly Wright for Burrell.

Hopefully we can build on this performance in the coming week and get ourselves set for the playoffs.

Ten mins cost us. Apart from that we were comfortably the best team and it certainly grates when you think we're so far behind them in the league when today we made them look bang average. As has been said burrell was excellent and won more than his fair share againt otoo in the air and have him a tough 85 mins. Kucheriavy was the best player on the park by some distance but needs to start lasting 90 mins. Thought Allen did well when he came on but bringing on yeats and Wright for Max and burrell was such a drop in quality it's questionable whether we'd have been better keeping them on tired though they were.  Ref was poor as per usual and I was very surprised that Dunfermline weren't given a goal when the ball ended up between Kinnears legs as it was about as close to being over the line as their first goal at east end.

Burrell and Oliver were excellent today, Burrell won nearly every high ball he competed for and his pace always caused them bother. After they were subbed off we never looked like getting a third goal. 

As PedroMoutinho says these two have to start every game, Burrell is by far our best forward. 

Oliver and Burrell have to be our starting two, thought they linked up well.

It’s almost as if some of us have been saying for months that Oliver would work great with a partner, and Burrell is a natural finisher who gets you goals! ;)

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

was very surprised that Dunfermline weren't given a goal when the ball ended up between Kinnears legs as it was about as close to being over the line as their first goal at east end.

Still greeting about that. Boo fukin hoo.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ref was poor as per usual and I was very surprised that Dunfermline weren't given a goal when the ball ended up between Kinnears legs as it was about as close to being over the line as their first goal at east end.

The net clearly rippled.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Obviously hugely frustrating not to win that but positives were Burrell and Oliver worked well and much more urgency and desire shown than in recent games.

On the downside I think that the rush of late substitutions weakened us particularly Wright for Burrell.

Hopefully we can build on this performance in the coming week and get ourselves set for the playoffs.

That's my thoughts as well, aside from a mad ten mins we could have won that fairly comfortably. Was also seething at Burrell being taken off when he was proving to be a handful and the fact it was Wright that came on for him was the salt in the wound.

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

That's my thoughts as well, aside from a mad ten mins we could have won that fairly comfortably. Was also seething at Burrell being taken off when he was proving to be a handful and the fact it was Wright that came on for him was the salt in the wound.

Burrell had ran himself into the ground after a great shift but agree Wright offers very little when he makes these came appearances looking off the pace & not very mobile 

10 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Burrell had ran himself into the ground after a great shift but agree Wright offers very little when he makes these came appearances looking off the pace & not very mobile 

Don't know who brought the biggest donkey on Wright for us or todorov for them. Both ran about like headless chickens looking anything but footballers.

That’s closer to the level of performance we’ll need if we have a chance in the play-offs. The collapse at the end of the first half cost us and was just really shabby all round from our point of view.

Dominated the second half. We probably just didn’t get the breaks at the right times in the box but some poor finishing in there too.

It stops the rot to an extent. Need to win on Tuesday then move on to the next one.

14 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Don't know who brought the biggest donkey on Wright for us or todorov for them. Both ran about like headless chickens looking anything but footballers.

Dunfermline's number 16 must be in the running for that award as well