The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

One section left of the north stand. Surprised how many have opted for the SS tbh. 

Selling out the north stand will be very impressive given the cost of the tickets there. It will look brilliant on tv if we can sell round to B2/3 in the West stand.

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Where have you heard this? The the 400k deficit from this years accounts was reported as being filled way before we knocked Darvel out the cup so presumably should it be a worst case scenario and we are in this division next season the cash raised from the Scottish cup run this year should see us through next year. 

To be fair this is how I understood it too. My understanding was that we’ve been running at an annual £400k operating loss that has been plugged by soft loans, player sales etc. 

Obviously the cup run gives options but I was under the impression that we will be setting a tighter budget next season and that to provide McGlynn with the same budget next year will require a sizeable increase of FSS members. The cup run may take off some pressure but moving forward we still require £400k increase revenue in order to not rely on player sales etc to balance the books. 

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Ouch!

However if they last 2 to 3 times longer of a £400k replacement pitch then it makes financial sense

They are not going to last 20 years 😂

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Ouch!

However if they last 2 to 3 times longer of a £400k replacement pitch then it makes financial sense

I am open to there being different types, but this is Celtic’s pitch last summer. I believe it gets scalped like this at the end of every second season, and that’s on top of the £2mm installation cost. So, as a playing surface, it isn’t exactly low maintenance.

8149E490-766B-45C3-9F02-0D3E46BBCB50.jpeg

Edited by Duncan Freemason

14 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

One section left of the north stand. Surprised how many have opted for the SS tbh. 

It took a long time (a good 3/4 days after request) for the SFA to send the final two sections of the North Stand. There was a fair few who got fed up waiting and just went to South - we bought South but then swapped the tickets once the North opened up again.

49 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It took a long time (a good 3/4 days after request) for the SFA to send the final two sections of the North Stand. There was a fair few who got fed up waiting and just went to South - we bought South but then swapped the tickets once the North opened up again.

The club were still selling North Stand online while they were waiting for the tickets weren’t they?

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Good to see respectable numbers being bought by our fans for this match and potentially 8/9 sections from North into West being full. 

Bit poor from SFA, if they only forward tickets piecemeal, you think they could let the club have all their sections to keep in the safe until time to open up a new section.

Personally, I wouldn’t have issued any tickets in the first 6 rows A to F of any of the sections as the view is terrible, and I’d suspect these might be seats that are given to online purchases, where there is no choice of seat.

Unfortunately missing this one, but be hopefully see us in the Final.

It was great to see the performance with 2 up front on Saturday.  To be honest, I think something that's hampered us this season has been McGlynns reluctance to change shape for different games or within games.  This is also where McPake has done well with them. 

Hopefully Saturday gives him a bit more confidence that the players can cope.  Honestly believe that Burrell is capable of a 20 goal season when given a run and proper support though if he starts on Tuesday he needs to show the same energy from the start as he did on Saturday.