The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Piddling numbers for such proud crowdwankers.

And it’s working perfectly, the crowd wanking is reaching all time highs, as the bairns roll into yet another national cup Hampden appearance 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Piddling numbers for such proud crowdwankers.

Oh I don't know.... I think its impressive. 

I mean, to put it in some sort of context for you personally, it's around 1/3 of the number of D&G voters who selected Alister Jack to represent them in govt.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Oh I don't know.... I think its impressive. 

I mean, to put it in some sort of context for you personally, it's around 1/3 of the number of D&G voters who selected Alister Jack to represent them in govt.

😂 You took the trouble to look that up.

Still quite a bit fewer than we took to a semi final though.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I'm guessing that's the player people were hinting at a few months ago coming in as a player coach with the view to possibly being the manager in the future.

26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm guessing that's the player people were hinting at a few months ago coming in as a player coach with the view to possibly being the manager in the future.

Not sure about a 1st team coach just yet. I've seen too many former players attempting to make the transition from playing to the managerial side of things and not making the grade...but who knows. Worth a try ? 

However, as a player I would have him back at the club in an instant. Just the type of player we have been missing and need in the middle of the park.  

Edited by Zbairn

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Some of you guys are too easy.

I'm just being a dick for a bit of sport.  You shouldn't provide it so readily.  

Good luck in the game when it arrives.

You must be a very sporty guy! :P

36 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Not sure about a 1st team coach just yet. I've seen too many former players attempting to make the transition from playing to the managerial side of things and not making the grade...but who knows. Worth a try ? 

However, as a player I would have him back at the club in an instant. Just the type of player we have been missing and need in the middle of the park.  

Player coach bound to be the only option we'd afford him . Be great to see him as a first team coach under mcglynn and Smith.

I heard a few months ago that Arfield was coming back but immediately dismissed the notion as I just couldn't see it. He'll be on, what, maybe £10-£15 grand a week or whatever so I thought that he would surely go to Hearts or Hibs for £3 or 4k or whatever it is they pay these days. Having said that, he'll not be short of a bob or two so maybe would consider it if it was going to be a route into management? McGlynn will be getting his pension a few short years so maybe the time line would work?

He would certainly make a big difference to our midfield, that's for sure.

With the number of players that came through our youth ranks to have good to great careers, we're absolutely due a Stephen Dobbie-esque signing of a player that has made his money and comes back simply due to his love of the club. Sign him up xxx

11 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

With the number of players that came through our youth ranks to have good to great careers, we're absolutely due a Stephen Dobbie-esque signing of a player that has made his money and comes back simply due to his love of the club. Sign him up xxx

Stranger things have happened…….

9 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

How many do we think we’ll take tomorrow night? Since it’s the school holidays I plan on taking the wee man up. Play like we did on Saturday and I fancy our chances. 

I'm considering going up. Not decided yet as I'm up early on Weds but I fancy it. Never been to Montrose ground.