The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

If it means the FSS has to work smarter and harder then surely that’s because it poses as direct competition and therefore be a downside for the FSS to gain more members?

I do agree the club are simply trying to cover all angles with this but if someone was willing to give a £10 donation then surely as likely to join the 1876 club or something else too. 

Not sure why this is a threat or competition when it is raising money for the club and doesn’t affect FSS. FSS should be confident about what it has achieved so far and it’s ability to continue to thrive, not be concerned about the club trying to raise funds from elsewhere if it can. 

My first loyalty is to the club first and foremost. The FSS, of which I am a member and believe in, is the vehicle to ensure it represents the fans views in the Boardroom on the back of investing in the club. It should always work hard on behalf of the fans and for the benefit of the club. It has done well so far, circumstances have conspired against it but it has still grown quickly. It should Be confident in what it does, talk up its strengths and more fans will join and not bother with FFF in any significant numbers. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

The days of waiting till the last ball is kicked before talks are held are way gone. Player’s representatives/agents are continually pressing managers about deals being cut. Sometimes it works for clubs sometimes it doesn’t. Sure it was Sheerin (stand to be corrected) that said many deals are done in April / May although maybe not announced till June when official contracts end. 

You may be right about the agents thing because it ultimately makes them money, however, if I was a manager and my club were involved in play-offs and a cup semi I certainly wouldn't be telling any player that I thought I may have to use that they weren't wanted for next season.

There are six players that I wouldn't keep, Martin, Williamson, Watson, Sneddon, Hetherington and Malcolm and it may well be that these players have already been told that they're away (we know this for sure in Williamson's case) but I wouldn't be having that conversation with McGuffie just now especially as Kennedy's unlikely to be available for a potential cup final.

I'd also be having a word with St Johnstone and Coventry about possibly loaning back Max and Rowe for next season too.

I rang about a dozen times to get a ticket for the Dunfermline game and no answer. (Website wouldn't take my card)

I had a flight booked from Ireland and I ended up not bothering my arse coming over. 

Now I have rang about a dozen times for semi final tickets and same no answer.  Does anyone here know who I could contact? I've been using my work mobile phone to ring and because the switchboard answers I'm sure im getting charged each time so cant  keep ringing!

18 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I rang about a dozen times to get a ticket for the Dunfermline game and no answer. (Website wouldn't take my card)

I had a flight booked from Ireland and I ended up not bothering my arse coming over. 

Now I have rang about a dozen times for semi final tickets and same no answer.  Does anyone here know who I could contact? I've been using my work mobile phone to ring and because the switchboard answers I'm sure im getting charged each time so cant  keep ringing!

Email Laura Craig, she's excellent. laura@falkirkfc.co.uk

The days of waiting till the last ball is kicked before talks are held are way gone. Player’s representatives/agents are continually pressing managers about deals being cut. Sometimes it works for clubs sometimes it doesn’t. Sure it was Sheerin (stand to be corrected) that said many deals are done in April / May although maybe not announced till June when official contracts end. 

Players may make deals but I very much doubt managers will be telling players they aren't wanted till the season is finished in a competitive sense. Would be crazy to do that.

18 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Can you not just get them online?

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Players may make deals but I very much doubt managers will be telling players they aren't wanted till the season is finished in a competitive sense. Would be crazy to do that.

Don’t disagree, point I was making is that good managers normally have their hard work done around now. Makes Nesbitt’s announcement timing a bit iffy.

If I was a player I would have been knocking McGlynns door after hearing about his two year deal, asking where’s mine. 

Don’t disagree, point I was making is that good managers normally have their hard work done around now. Makes Nesbitt’s announcement timing a bit iffy.

If I was a player I would have been knocking McGlynns door after hearing about his two year deal, asking where’s mine. 

Maybe they have?

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

With the announcement of Nesbitt's new extended deal, I’m guessing that regardless of what the season end brings, players who McGlynn wants to keep and those he’s doesn’t will have been discreetly spoken to.
With the spine of the team (most under contract for another year) interesting to see who’s not in his plans. I’m assuming we will try and get Kinnear signed up, but not sure about PJ.
The back four are already signed up, apart from a RB which is needed, midfield ?  Do we keep McGinn?, Morrison likely to be away if reports are true that he fancy’s down south. Kennedy back to arse cheek.

Max back to SJ. Yeats for me is a fringe player, and although some promising starts, doesn’t cut it for me, and we’ve got Lawal & McGuffie likely to be released.

Up front we have Wright Allen Oliver all signed up, but increasingly looking like Burrell will be released. 
Interesting few weeks coming up both on and off the park.

Some agents are waiting to see what level we are playing at next year. I doubt much will happen until after the playoffs. 

I doubt that McGlynn wants Lawal and  Burrell gone - he sees them as players who need to develop based on his public pronouncements. And Burrell is currently starting. 

2 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Card won't work. Says CV2 DECLINED.

maybe something to do with the verification.

Emailed Laura now. 

Check the address you give is the same as the one registered with card company. The house number and postcode are checked against the bank details. It’s the most common reason cards are declined apart from having no money. 

Totally irrelevant to recent posts, I found this on t'internet.

https://www.stevesfootballstats.uk/scottish_fa_cup_semi-final_appearances.html

I thought that outside of the big city clubs that we would easily have the best record for semi-final appearances in the last 30 years or so but was surprised to see that St. Johnstone match our record of 6.

Edit: Ok, Perth's a city.

2nd edit. Just noticed that they have got it wrong for 1996-97 season, they have us as not winning the semi-final.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Totally irrelevant to recent posts, I found this on t'internet.

https://www.stevesfootballstats.uk/scottish_fa_cup_semi-final_appearances.html

I thought that outside of the big city clubs that we would easily have the best record for semi-final appearances in the last 30 years or so but was surprised to see that St. Johnstone match our record of 6.

Edit: Ok, Perth's a city.

I see since that lot from over the forth stopped cheating haven’t had any. 

On 13/04/2023 at 07:32, NUMBER 7 said:

Not sure the Airdrie lads issue, but it’s crap

Three of us have season tickets, sit together but when it comes to matches such as we had for Ayr in the cup we needed three transactions to get our usual seats, there’s no facility to link and purchase on behalf of family and friends

So after doing some UX it's possible to do what you want. 

1. Go to ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk
  2. Click the red "SIGN IN" button in the top banner - this takes you to your dashboard. 
  3. Enter your email/password
  4. Choose "My Network" from the displayed tiles
  5. Click the "Add Network" button
  6. Enter an email of another user already registered with the ticket site
  7. The request will show as pending - I assume the other user(s) have to accept
  8. Once that pending status changes the added user(s) will appear in the list of people you can assign tickets to when purchasing.

Hopefully that sorts your issue for the future. 

Definitely improvements that could be made and the club kinda did just chuck it over-the-fence at the time and expected users to do A-B without explaining how you do A-Z even though they heralded the improvement it would bring the club not necessarily the fan experience.

I'd hope the new club site FAQ's that seem to be appearing will address this type of question. Again to @Nkomo-A-Gogo's issue phoning the club ties up a resource whereas the question could've potentially been answered without the inconvenience.

Anyway, I'm off this week and writing any more user guides is for Monday! 😒

Bring on the weekend and let's disperse of any Airdrie notions of having the upper hand in the play-offs.  

Edited by Blame Me

13 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Email Laura Craig, she's excellent. laura@falkirkfc.co.uk

Initially I tried to buy away ticket on the Falkirk site in the North stand. That was not allowed online and was asked to contact by phone.

I then tried the link provided by Airdrie and it kept asking me to register an account on the Falkirk website, which I did,  but it then told me I had no account. At one point I then appeared to have 4 tickets and it would not let me correct this, or access the shopping basket.

Being a bit of an analogue chap, I went back to the phone contact.

Spoke with Laura who was excellent in confirming I had not bought any , and she processed my request instantly, and I was emailed the ticket.

It was a wee bit frustrating online and I heard some others had similar problems, but am glad a human saved me.

Almost as exciting as the game will no doubt be.

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Why would Airdrie have the upper hand? We've dominated our last two games against them 

If they won tomorrow they may come to that conclusion - just as we might, if we do.

Didn't think that was a controversial statement 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Blame Me