The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

I heard that McPake leaving the Fifers to be coach at Gers next season 🤔

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

St Johnstone when they sack Clum. 😉

53 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

could see him going to Hibs if LJ gets the boot.

Not after his recent interview and contract extension. 

Think your game v Airdrie will be interesting but I can't see it affecting the play offs too much unless there's a paddling either way. Can see us drawing on Saturday which would mean in theory you could catch us on goal difference if you beat Airdrie, who we play next...

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not after his recent interview and contract extension. 

Think your game v Airdrie will be interesting but I can't see it affecting the play offs too much unless there's a paddling either way. Can see us drawing on Saturday which would mean in theory you could catch us on goal difference if you beat Airdrie, who we play next...

You will pump QOS. They are rotten

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You have just agreed with my point. 

You have me a little confused as you marked me down when I said I understood the message that the playing budget would depend mainly on increasing sign ups to the FSS or FFF.

If his budget being the same is dependant of the black hole being filled then does that mean that I understood correctly?

10 hours ago, Van_damage said:

You have me a little confused as you marked me down when I said I understood the message that the playing budget would depend mainly on increasing sign ups to the FSS or FFF.

If his budget being the same is dependant of the black hole being filled then does that mean that I understood correctly?

I have read this post about 5 times and sorry but you have lost me a bit. 

I don’t know what his budget will be. All I have said is with a possible cup final and not knowing what league we are in I would think it would not be finalised. I could of course be miles off it. I would say the size of it would be more dependant of these factors than FSS/FFF. Remember too that the 400k hole is not that now with FSS contributing 100k/year. 

Only my opinion of course but I don’t see either FSS or FFF growing significantly over the summer. I think FSS should pursue more income from current members than just concentrate on new ones. Hope I am wrong mind you about the growth. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don’t know what his budget will be. All I have said is with a possible cup final and not knowing what league we are in I would think it would not be finalised. I could of course be miles off it. 

Surely if the board have as much business acumen as their profiles indicate then they will have budget forecasts based on all potential scenarios ?

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely if the board have as much business acumen as their profiles indicate then they will have budget forecasts based on all potential scenarios ?

I would be shocked if they don’t but that doesn’t finalise anything till these factors are concluded does it? 

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have read this post about 5 times and sorry but you have lost me a bit. 

I don’t know what his budget will be. All I have said is with a possible cup final and not knowing what league we are in I would think it would not be finalised. I could of course be miles off it. I would say the size of it would be more dependant of these factors than FSS/FFF. Remember too that the 400k hole is not that now with FSS contributing 100k/year. 

Only my opinion of course but I don’t see either FSS or FFF growing significantly over the summer. I think FSS should pursue more income from current members than just concentrate on new ones. Hope I am wrong mind you about the growth. 

What I said previously, which you gave me a red dot for, was that we have ran with an operational loss of £400k for years, which has been covered by cup runs, player sales etc. 

My understanding was the board do not want to continue with this model and the only place to cut the £400k loss is from the playing budget. The message, which I thought was good, is to give McGlynn the same competitive budget then more of us need to sign up to FSS or contribute extra. Obviously the cup run which probably fills the hole for next season however I wouldn’t expect McGlynn to be given more of a budget unless we see significantly more members join the FSS or FFF.

I checked back what was said on statements and it does seem consistent with how I understood it so was a little confused as to why it was being suggested otherwise. 

I’m also not entirely sure the current FSS money does cover the £400k as the club said we still need fresh income of £300-£500k when they knew the FSS was already providing around £100k pa.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They’ll know what the worst case scenario is though so will be able to have made offers to players based on that. 

Who knows if they have or not? Because only one has been finalised it doesn’t mean they haven’t 

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

What I said previously, which you gave me a red dot for, was that we have ran with an operational loss of £400k for years, which has been covered by cup runs, player sales etc. 

My understanding was the board do not want to continue with this model and the only place to cut the £400k loss is from the playing budget. The message, which I thought was good, is to give McGlynn the same competitive budget then more of us need to sign up to FSS or contribute extra. Obviously the cup run which probably fills the hole for next season however I wouldn’t expect McGlynn to be given more of a budget unless we see significantly more members join the FSS or FFF.

I checked back what was said on statements and it does seem consistent with how I understood it so was a little confused as to why it was being suggested otherwise. 

I’m also not entirely sure the current FSS money does cover the £400k as the club said we still need fresh income of £300-£500k when they knew the FSS was already providing around £100k pa.

It covers 100k. They could also get outside investment. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It covers 100k. They could also get outside investment. 

They said we still need £300-£500k over and above this seasons income to continue the footballing budget in this league or the championship. 

I presumed this included the £100k from the FSS but could be wrong. 

In any case how is it different from what I said previously about them requiring more members to join the FSS to give McGlynn the same playing budget? 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

They said we still need £300-£500k over and above this seasons income to continue the footballing budget in this league or the championship. 

I presumed this included the £100k from the FSS but could be wrong. 

In any case how is it different from what I said previously about them requiring more members to join the FSS to give McGlynn the same playing budget? 

Which post did I dot?

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Which post did I dot?

On 09/04/2023 at 17:35, Van_damage said:

To be fair this is how I understood it too. My understanding was that we’ve been running at an annual £400k operating loss that has been plugged by soft loans, player sales etc. 

Obviously the cup run gives options but I was under the impression that we will be setting a tighter budget next season and that to provide McGlynn with the same budget next year will require a sizeable increase of FSS members. The cup run may take off some pressure but moving forward we still require £400k increase revenue in order to not rely on player sales etc to balance the books. 

That one 

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The board were very clear in their podcast interview that they don’t want outside investment 

So they don’t want a Falkirk fan or Fans to invest a large amount and if FSS/FFF don’t raise the funds they will just have the club go backwards? 

Edited by Back Post Misses