The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Don’t believe McGlynn hasn’t been given an indication of where budget wise, he has a starting point. If the suggested post he hasn’t, Nesbitt’s two year deal doesn’t add up. 

I would lose my mortgage betting that McGlynn knows is full budget for next season because of the two reason I gave. If I was him I wouldn’t accept it now until he knows the league and if he has a cup final income to possibly play with. 

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Surely would be very stupid for it to be the players choice, cant risk someone coming in, being shit then just choosing to extend their own contract.

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You would think it would be conditional on making enough appearances.

^^^ what he said. Player options will pretty much always be subject to achieving some sort of criteria in the initial contract period, usually a set number of starts.

The extension talk sometimes isn't worth the paper it's written on. All sorts of ways out for both parties usually.  See Fraser Aird in 2018 and Kevin Nisbet 2019.

Edited by Rob1885

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would lose my mortgage betting that McGlynn knows is full budget for next season because of the two reason I gave. If I was him I wouldn’t accept it now until he knows the league and if he has a cup final income to possibly play with. 

Stand to be corrected but didn’t the podcast with the two bod guys not suggest that if the black hole could be filled, McGlynn would get a similar budget without it being cut? I’ve used this on my initial post as “starting point” 

I’m quite sure if the season end brings promotion and a cup final at Hampden, there will be a considerable uplift/increase in the playing budget.

Random prediction but can see QOS spoiling the party tomorrow with a win at EEP. Combined with a win for us over Airdrie would make the race for 3rd & 4th pretty interesting between Airdrie, Alloa & QOS and only a few points between them.  

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Had heard that we'd asked the question a couple of months ago, it would make sense. 

McPake mentioned Burrell and Morrison a few times in pre/post match interviews, Morrison is under contract till 2024 and as others have mentioned looks like there's a year option on Burrell.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

McPake mentioned Burrell and Morrison a few times in pre/post match interviews, Morrison is under contract till 2024 and as others have mentioned looks like there's a year option on Burrell.

Better get the money up front off them c***s tbh

16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I heard that McPake leaving the Fifers to be coach at Gers next season 🤔

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Stand to be corrected but didn’t the podcast with the two bod guys not suggest that if the black hole could be filled, McGlynn would get a similar budget without it being cut? I’ve used this on my initial post as “starting point” 

I’m quite sure if the season end brings promotion and a cup final at Hampden, there will be a considerable uplift/increase in the playing budget.

You have just agreed with my point. 

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

The option of another year was mentioned in all of the below players signing announcements. Unfortunately it doesn't tell us whether the option is with us or the players.

The players option to extend his contract is just a normal contract sign that has no ties, as mentioned number of games may equal a new contract but again that's in the clubs option. It won't be the first time a player has x appearances to make to get a new contract and is dropped when he is on one before that's triggered.

We will have it on our favour to extend unless we choose not to, it's worth heehaw if it's in the players hands