The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think there are a few with year options on their deals, which makes sense. I still wouldn't have gave Nesbitt another two year contract though. 

This piqued my interest, so had a look at the statement put out when we signed Burrell. Looks like we have an extension clause!

image.png.1c1958cd1a43bc8874baa48c06b2adcc.png

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

This piqued my interest, so had a look at the statement put out when we signed Burrell. Looks like we have an extension clause!

image.png.1c1958cd1a43bc8874baa48c06b2adcc.png

Suppose it depends what that the opportunity to extend means, is it solely in the clubs hands or is there a need for a mutual agreement between both parties. I believe there was a similar clause in Lawal’s deal

2 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Suppose it depends what that the opportunity to extend means, is it solely in the clubs hands or is there a need for a mutual agreement between both parties. I believe there was a similar clause in Lawal’s deal

In that case, whats the point in saying theres an option, because that means there's an option for every player.

18 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

In that case, whats the point in saying theres an option, because that means there's an option for every player.

Exactly this, surely the word “option” indicates that option then lies with either the player or the club (I’m guessing the club) If both parties had an option on the extension then there is no option! It’s just a player running out of contract the same as in an any other instance of a contract expiring. 

16 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

In this case I believe the player is contractually obliged to accept the 1-year extension if the club wishes to use it whereas in Nesbitt's case he has a choice whether to extend or leave.

I would wager McGlynn won’t even know his budget yet with all the imponderables. Play off success or not, Cup Final or not. 
People need to be patient IMO. 

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would wager McGlynn won’t even know his budget yet with all the imponderables. Play off success or not, Cup Final or not. 
People need to be patient IMO. 

Exactly! just see what happened a few months ago when the club got the budget projection wrong.

Cap in hand to the supporters mid-season to save the plug from being pulled on the club.

A cautious budget must be set and if there is a mid-season surplus all and good

The option of another year was mentioned in all of the below players signing announcements. Unfortunately it doesn't tell us whether the option is with us or the players.

PJ Morrison
Stephen McGinn
Ola Lawal
Gary Oliver
Rumarn Burrell

PJ will most likely be gone given he's fell out of favour, McGinn will hopefully stay on for one more season, Lawal's a tough one as he showed some real promise but the fact his knee injury keeps flaring up isn't good, Oliver I'd only keep if we're still in this league and Burrell we should be trying to tie down to a longer term deal.

Edited by FFC 1876

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The option of another year was mentioned in all of the below players signing announcements. Unfortunately it doesn't tell us whether the option is with us or the players.

PJ Morrison
Stephen McGinn
Ola Lawal
Gary Oliver
Rumarn Burrell

PJ will most likely be gone given he's fell out of favour, McGinn will hopefully stay on for one more season, Lawal's a tough one as he showed some real promise but the fact his knee injury keeps flaring up isn't good, Oliver I'd only keep if we're still in this league and Burrell we should be trying to tie down to a longer term deal.

I'd keep them all TBH. 

47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

PJ Morrison
Stephen McGinn
Ola Lawal
Gary Oliver
Rumarn Burrell

Surely would be very stupid for it to be the players choice, cant risk someone coming in, being shit then just choosing to extend their own contract.

40 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Surely would be very stupid for it to be the players choice, cant risk someone coming in, being shit then just choosing to extend their own contract.

You would think it would be conditional on making enough appearances.

43 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Hard to predict the team tomorrow. I think McGinn will come back in for who, I have no idea. I think Oliver will be in for Allan and that leaves Morrison. What do we do with him? Can’t drop Kennedy after his two goals on Tuesday. Good to have the options I suppose. 

Morrison in for Nisbett.