The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Piddling numbers for such proud crowdwankers.

Actually heading to be pretty much slap bang in the middle of our last few semi-finals if we end up around 8k which I think we will

1997 vs Celtic (+replay) 9,000 (8,000)
1998 vs Hearts 10,000
2009 vs Dunfermline 9,000
2013 vs Hibs 6,500
2015 vs Hibs 6,000

How many tickets would you expect us to sell? (bearing in mind they are £28-38 a pop this time)

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Player coach bound to be the only option we'd afford him . Be great to see him as a first team coach under mcglynn and Smith.

You would certainly get heart on your sleeve effort and demand nothing less from all those on the team.

One of his biggest attributes has always been his attitude. Does he have the coaching badges though for a suggested player/coach role?

Arfield has 8 goals in 35 appearances mainly as a substitute so far this season. He played 30 mins and scored a penalty in a European final less than 12 months ago.

Now I’m not sure if he’s likely to sign for us or not but anyone who don’t think he’d be an absolutely amazing signing for us is off their head.

He’d be the best player in the Championship by a mile, never mind League 1.

*When we had Kingsley training with us a couple of years ago there were posters who said he wasn’t good enough so I’m sure we’ll have fans who won’t want Scott back.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm now fully on board with the return of Arfield. 

The example of Dobbie at the Tory farmers was a good one. Just let us have nice things for once. 

Dobbie was an amazing signing for QoS however it’s worth mentioning that Arfield played longer, more regularly and at a higher level than Dobbie both at club and international level so could prove to be an even better signing.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Dobbie was an amazing signing for QoS however it’s worth mentioning that Arfield played longer, more regularly and at a higher level than Dobbie both at club and international level so could prove to be an even better signing.

Yous imagine we'd need an external sponsor in the same way they had, but yeah, it would be the marquee signing to end them all

If there’s any ounce of truth (Sun Newspaper) that Arfield would even consider a return, the club should already making a courteous “hello” 

Yes he’ll be looking for a Griffiths+ type wage, but I’m sure there’s other ways to facilitate outwith our playing budget. Club would be absolutely mad not to make contact. He’s exactly the type of player we’ve been screaming out for that would put a hellava lot more FSS subscriptions and STs.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If there’s any ounce of truth (Sun Newspaper) that Arfield would even consider a return, the club should already making a courteous “hello” 

Yes he’ll be looking for a Griffiths+ type wage, but I’m sure there’s other ways to facilitate outwith our playing budget. Club would be absolutely mad not to make contact. He’s exactly the type of player we’ve been screaming out for that would put a hellava lot more FSS subscriptions and STs.

He is quoted so this doesn’t look like some sort of made up wish to return to us by some lazy journo 

Guest Caractacus Potts
50 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Arfield has 8 goals in 35 appearances mainly as a substitute so far this season. He played 30 mins and scored a penalty in a European final less than 12 months ago.

Now I’m not sure if he’s likely to sign for us or not but anyone who don’t think he’d be an absolutely amazing signing for us is off their head.

He’d be the best player in the Championship by a mile, never mind League 1.

*When we had Kingsley training with us a couple of years ago there were posters who said he wasn’t good enough so I’m sure we’ll have fans who won’t want Scott back.

Griffiths did score 7 in 26 for Celtic the season before we got him however there was far more reason to question that given his time at Dundee. 

Arfield still has a great engine and is exactly the type of player we could do with so if he’s willing to come for cheap then we should 100% bring him in.

I just can’t see him not getting a better offer anywhere else by a Premiership club but fingers crossed he was referring to next season in his quote. 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Griffiths did score 7 in 26 for Celtic the season before we got him however there was far more reason to question that given his time at Dundee. 

Arfield still has a great engine and is exactly the type of player we could do with so if he’s willing to come for cheap then we should 100% bring him in.

I just can’t see him not getting a better offer anywhere else by a Premiership club but fingers crossed he was referring to next season in his quote. 

Agree, outwith the top four/five there would be a number of clubs that would want him. I’ve went through the quote and believe it’s maybe not next season, hoping I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

And Falkirk play at a lower level than Queens did. 

Ffs I've just binned the photo I had of Arfield stuck up on my fridge since 2009. OH walked out the kitchen asking if I knew that my "football man" was in the bin.

Would love for the rumours to be true (even if I did have to buy a replacement photo).

Guest FFC1965

I'm heading up on the train from Auld Reekie tomorrow. 

Midweek or nay its one of my favourite away league grounds.    

Really surprised their campaign never really got going - at the start of the season I had us, DAFC, Airdrie, QOS & Montrose as the top 5 but they look to be all but out the running for even a playoff.    

Thought they tried to kick us off the park at our place in January which I don't see happening again if their season is all but over.   

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Agree, outwith the top four/five there would be a number of clubs that would want him. I’ve went through the quote and believe it’s maybe not next season, hoping I’m wrong.

I think that, if sevco release him, then there's only one other team in Scotland that wouldn't be interested.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I think that, if sevco release him, then there's only one other team in Scotland that wouldn't be interested.

The Jambos would be first in the queue.