The Falkirk FC Thread

It still annoys the feck out of me that our defence a year on still has 3 members of last year's squad   from hell starting in it . How the feck is that ever going to work. Airdrie must've thought it was Xmas  when they saw our back 4 having pissed on those players easily last season.  Mackay and Williamson should never have been seem in the navy blue again and McCann unfortunately struggles every time we play Airdrie.  Mcglynn in may didn't think any of our players were good though but a year on and he's still got nearly half a team of them playing.

4 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Complete & utter shambles tonight as just about everyone knows. I wasn't one asking got McGlynn to be sacked before but a 6-2 defeat to a close rival , not one of the Old Firm, is a sackable offence I agree.

But in my opinion I think he should get the game on Saturday, no that I can see us scoring 4 or 5 without replay not with this defence, but I do think he will change the tactics and get some sort of a reaction out of the players. We ain't going to get another manager to take over now and no one knows what McGinn or a ny other current would be like as a coach. McGlynn and his assistant, who suddenly isn't getting mentioned in all this despite it being constantly referred to as M&S or the like. at least got us to 2nd. Let him see it out, you never know, football can be crazy sometimes.

But the two of them need to go on Saturday and we start again, again - this is beyond embarrassing.

I honestly believe you would get a bigger (and better) reaction out of the players if McGlynn was gone. All he can do is tell himself 4-2-3-1 is the way to go. Were we to win 3-1 (HT 1-0) he would be up there persuading the BoD that we won three of the four halves over the two games.

13 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Having stated my preference for McGinn & Henderson being subbed in the first 15 mins, there was a case for McKay & Williamson being hooked after about half an hour too. (The latter limping off injured later anyway #surprisesurprise)

That the two wingers looked still to be under instructions to hug the touch line & lump crosses in too. As opposed to taking men on, heading into the box & try to entice a challenge, is worrying. There’s zero invention in the side.

Think I might have been sitting next to you tonight, that’s pretty much verbatim to what I was hearing all game.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We nearly didn't have a club due to George hiding the vat demands behind the sideboard. That and his ludicrous idea to give Eddie May the job started this slide all those years ago.  Finally the way he treated club stalwarts like Sarah Scott and big craw was an utter disgrace. The guy was a complete buffoon.

Nonsense, relegation is what caused us trouble. If Kilmarnock had gone down that season instead of us that season they likely wouldn’t be in existence now. Our youth system which George Craig supported ended up rescuing us when we got relegated. He can’t be blamed for the clowns which entered the boardroom after he left. Also, he is genuinely a big Falkirk fan and did a lot to rescue the club when we went into administration. 

I’d keep him for next season by the way, then 100% get rid at the end of next season, champions, promotion or not. 

It should be a weaker league next season and I can’t see another Dunfermline style domination or a Airdrie team that is capable of scoring so freely. 

His remit is to get us up, if not this season then next season. Improvement has been made this  season, zero excuses next season (then let the contract run out).

Other than the fact that we were never in administration. Anyway, he was part of BtB as was I and a good few others (including the wonderful Gordon McFarlane).

Everyone on BtB gave their time freely with absolutely no thoughts of their own gain from it other than two people…..and George Craig was one of the two.

5 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’d keep him for next season by the way, then 100% get rid at the end of next season, champions, promotion or not. 

It should be a weaker league next season and I can’t see another Dunfermline style domination or a Airdrie team that is capable of scoring so freely. 

His remit is to get us up, if not this season then next season. Improvement has been made this  season, zero excuses next season (then let the contract run out).

Mind blowing 

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Other than the fact that we were never in administration. Anyway, he was part of BtB as was I and a good few others (including the wonderful Gordon McFarlane).

Everyone on BtB gave their time freely with absolutely no thoughts of their own gain from it other than two people…..and George Craig was one of the two.

Yes but unfortunately you and your friends probably couldn’t run a football club, George Craig could and was massively successful at it. I just can’t believe our fans attack him even at the moment. Look where we are! We are in the third tier, this is disgraceful. 

Edited by Balde Bairn

10 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Nonsense, relegation is what caused us trouble. If Kilmarnock had gone down that season instead of us that season they likely wouldn’t be in existence now. Our youth system which George Craig supported ended up rescuing us when we got relegated. He can’t be blamed for the clowns which entered the boardroom after he left. Also, he is genuinely a big Falkirk fan and did a lot to rescue the club when we went into administration. 

You're taking the piss here . We got relegated because of Georges utterly clueless decision to appoint Eddie May as the manager FFS. He then didn't bother paying vat and didn't tell anyone and we suddenly got a massive bill which nearly put the club  under.  If you're fine with the disgracefull way he treated Sarah and craw then you can't be a Falkirk fan I'm afraid. It took years before either would return to the club but fortunately they have now. 

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Can’t agree. Tonight was every bit as bad as last seasons 6-0 QP game. Remember too, Airdrie lost their highly rated manager and their two best players, and appointed a rookie manager who has proceeded to rag doll our “real” manager near enough all season long.

He needs to be gone. There are so many alarm bells ringing right now.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You're taking the piss here . We got relegated because of Georges utterly clueless decision to appoint Eddie May as the manager FFS. He then didn't bother paying vat and didn't tell anyone and we suddenly got a massive bill which nearly put the club  under.  If you're fine with the disgracefull way he treated Sarah and craw then you can't be a Falkirk fan I'm afraid. It took years before either would return to the club but fortunately they have now. 

It turned out to be a bad decision, May was regarded as a good coach so it was worth a punt. Better than appointing dross that we know are crap before they start like McKinnon. 

4 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Yes but unfortunately you and your friends probably couldn’t run a football club, George Craig could and was massively successful at it. I just can’t believe our fans attack him even at the moment. Look where we are! We are in the third tear, this is disgraceful. 

What??????? Revisionism on a grand scale. The George Craig that hid tax demands in his desk for months. The George Craig that appointed Eddie May? Successful? He was a walking disaster.

McGlynn’s interview is calamitous. “The shape had nothing to do with it”. Proof positive that he has lost the plot. “People want two strikers so we play two strikers so people say the shape is wrong”. Incredible. Since when was Oliver a striker?
He stuck out an untried and untested set up in a play off semi final!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

What??????? Revisionism on a grand scale. The George Craig that hid tax demands in his desk for months. The George Craig that appointed Eddie May? Successful? He was a walking disaster.

We are in league 1! What is not going through here? Do you prefer us being at this level compared to having latapy in midfield and Gow up front?