The Falkirk FC Thread

The players have proved since Dunfermline away they don't have a winners mentality. The majority of them are losers. I could almost let them away with that poor performance at Hampden given the occasion but Tuesday night was down right unacceptable. The players seem to have no professional pride about them and McGlynn no clue. 

How I'd love for them to really prove me wrong today. Not going to happen!

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with some of what Pedro says, I don’t think it’s just the management and players who have drastically lowered the levels of expectation at the club, we the fans have as well. We turn up in huge numbers for the level we are playing at and don’t expect too much from the team. The atmosphere at the ground isn’t great, which I know is down to us but it’s like there is no fire or spark about the club anymore. These past 5 years have just drained the life out the club.

Creating an atmosphere is a two way street, the fans create a good atmosphere before the games and then within 7 minutes of kick-off we are a goal down as per the games with Inverness CT and Airdrie. Very difficult for the fans to lift their spirits again after that and everything goes a bit flat. The players have to play their part in keeping the mood going.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think, and only my opinion, is that there is a split amongst fans at the moment. Some fans think that getting to a cup semi final and finishing 2nd in the league is a brilliant achievement. Other fans think that by not turning up vs ICT and being humiliated by Airdrie along with being miles behind Dunfermline means McGlynn isn’t good enough.

My opinion is somewhere in the middle, probably veering towards getting rid of McGlynn. I defo don’t get the love in for him from some fans.

Aye, I honestly think most fans are in the middle. An appreciation that we’ve seen our first “improvement” in a season in 6/7 years but also a huge disappointment at our promotion failure and our Hampden embarrassment (that’s what it was to me - not laying a glove on that Inverness team). 

Does Mcglynn deserve another year at it? Bang on the fence for me. 

You can’t deny the improvement in terms of league position but when you look at what’s changed this year, we have just stopped dropping so many points to the part-time teams in the league. Our record against anyone half decent beggars belief. 

I don’t think turning draws against Clyde/Peterhead etc into wins is a big enough improvement for me.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

You can’t deny the improvement in terms of league position but when you look at what’s changed this year, we have just stopped dropping so many points to the part-time teams in the league. Our record against anyone half decent beggars belief. 

I don’t think turning draws against Clyde/Peterhead etc into wins is a big enough improvement for me.

Again I just don’t think this is fair. We’ve been hideous against Dunfermline fair enough. But the seasons past we’ve been without fail getting pumped by anyone in the top 4. We have beaten Airdrie, ayr, Partick, Alloa (a lot). Tuesday night is the only reason I’m considering Mcglynn’s role. To suggest all we’ve done is upped our win rate against the real jobbers isn’t fair 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Aye, I honestly think most fans are in the middle. An appreciation that we’ve seen our first “improvement” in a season in 6/7 years but also a huge disappointment at our promotion failure and our Hampden embarrassment (that’s what it was to me - not laying a glove on that Inverness team). 

Really? Surely supporting a football club is all about passion and stirring emotions one way or the other. I don't think that being ambivalent and sitting on the fence applies here. I want McGlynn out as manager 100% for sure but think he would be a decent DOF.

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

It reminds me of when Hartley took over as manager and we had all the ‘Don Hartley’ and ‘Juggernaut’ pish and folk treating him like our saviour when he was the one that started this rot we are in.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

Really? Surely supporting a football club is all about passion and stirring emotions one way or the other. I don't think that being ambivalent and sitting on the fence applies here. I want McGlynn out as manager 100% for sure but think he would be a decent DOF.

In some cases but I think this is a real tough one - especially looking at the list of potential managers. Only 2 I’d really consider is Maybury and Kerr

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We did lay a glove on them, Morrisons great chance. A lot of the game hinged on that moment.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

16 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Even then we’ve had a bogey team in Kelty and  a 50% win rage against Clyde is unacceptable.

25 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Creating an atmosphere is a two way street, the fans create a good atmosphere before the games and then within 7 minutes of kick-off we are a goal down as per the games with Inverness CT and Airdrie. Very difficult for the fans to lift their spirits again after that and everything goes a bit flat. The players have to play their part in keeping the mood going.

I totally agree that the players need to play their part in keeping the mood going. That’s the problem though in the big games this season apart from Ayr, they have on the whole failed to do this. The first half of the game in September at EEP was excellent and the atmosphere was great and I really thought we were onto something as a team then but from the home game in November against the Pars it has all gone flat. We have been playing catch up without ever really looking like catching them. 

I’m just not sure tactically if McGlynn is the man to turn things around, especially in the bigger games.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

41 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Indeed, the manager and player turnover over the last decade has served us really well. Definitely the blueprint to follow. More of the same please! 

We’ve sacked too many hopeless managers so let’s keep the current hopeless manager. What could possibly go wrong?

Followed Falkirk since lifted over the turnstiles at Brockville. Many lows, many highs. Walking up with over two thousand fans, to the Vaduz game after taking over the small town centre, will never forget. Our demolition of Hearts in the cup game was one of occasions, that made the old lady the best stadium in the world. Attending pre-season friendlies in some very odd places. 

For me since the JJ unbelievable season, the three cup finals, semi finals and the odd times we beat the arse cheeks, it’s been a recurring story - shat one.

Yes it’s been like this for a long time, but the new low for me is that after best part of five years there’s an acceptance which seems to be the norm.

Yet another new BOD and if suggested by posts on here have given McGlynn two years to get out the division, what the Fck is going on with the club. 

We carry a first team squad many championship clubs can’t afford, but still start the season with a -400K starting berth ? How does that work ? 

We continue to sign players that are at best ok, and we continue to hand out two years deals to players that leave more questions than answers. I look at teams like Airdrie and even last season said to mates, there are at least three or four players I would take over what we had. 

Travelling to town today, ticket bought but probably take in local pub for watch, truth be told, I’ve lost interest.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Followed Falkirk since lifted over the turnstiles at Brockville. Many lows, many highs. Walking up with over two thousand fans, to the Vaduz game after taking over the small town centre, will never forget. Our demolition of Hearts in the cup game was one of occasions, that made the old lady the best stadium in the world. Attending pre-season friendlies in some very odd places. 

For me since the JJ unbelievable season, the three cup finals, semi finals and the odd times we beat the arse cheeks, it’s been a recurring story - shat one.

Yes it’s been like this for a long time, but the new low for me is that after best part of five years there’s an acceptance which seems to be the norm.

Yet another new BOD and if suggested by posts on here have given McGlynn two years to get out the division, what the Fck is going on with the club. 

We carry a first team squad many championship clubs can’t afford, but still start the season with a -400K starting berth ? How does that work ? 

We continue to sign players that are at best ok, and we continue to hand out two years deals to players that leave more questions than answers. I look at teams like Airdrie and even last season said to mates, there are at least three or four players I would take over what we had. 

Travelling to town today, ticket bought but probably take in local pub for watch, truth be told, I’ve lost interest.

We’re now the firmly established basket case club of Scottish football. From when I started going in the early 90s to the middle of the last decade, the majority of times we were a club known for team spirit and camaraderie. That has now mostly evaporated

31 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We’ve sacked too many hopeless managers so let’s keep the current hopeless manager. What could possibly go wrong?

100% this. 

What do people expect is going to happen if we keep McGlynn. Is he going to change as a manager. 

Only way I would consider keeping him is if I thought he was on the right track and just needed a few tweaks/players. 

But IMO he is not and keeping him will just be more of the same next season and the season after. 

45 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You have lost that much interest you are on posting every 20 minutes 

24 minutes ago, ChoppeReid said:

100% this. 

What do people expect is going to happen if we keep McGlynn. Is he going to change as a manager. 

Only way I would consider keeping him is if I thought he was on the right track and just needed a few tweaks/players. 

But IMO he is not and keeping him will just be more of the same next season and the season after. 

Maybe some fans think that it was going to take a bit longer to sort out the mess he inherited, and yes it was an absolute mess. 
I will concede however that if he is retained he will have to get off to a fast start or the pressure will absolutely mount from all sides. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

We are the laughing stock of Scottish Football being the biggest club in terms of support that is at the lowest point of the pile relative to size. There is no one near us in that regard. It’s difficult to defend or argue against the ridicule and piss taking we get from other clubs fans.