The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Who else was actually out of contract? Because if they've not been bidden a fond farewell, have they signed extensions/we've picked up an option?

I would guess so… Oliver, McGinn, Lawal have all triggered their extension option then. 

I dont mind PJ tbh I would much rather have seen him in goal the last of the games than Kinnear, possible more experienced player to come in and challenge or bring him on more ?

Happy if McGinn stays and I thought in regards to Oliver he did bring a lot more into play and was a bit unsung grafter though he said himself he isn't a natural goal scorer but did beat his own record for goals scored. Lawal if he stays will obv start more or bed in during pre season see how he does from the start.

9 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Absolute pish. The boy got his chance in the biggest games on the biggest stage and he was guff. Let’s stop making out he was a world beater eh 

I think it was clear by the end he wasn’t great - which begs the question why he was thrown in? Overall, fairly happy to see him go 

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can actually see both being kept tbh.

Would be disappointed if both stay, both mediocre at best and with an easy option not to renew and find better replacements for next season 🤷‍♂️

So looks as if PJ Morrison, Stephen McGinn and Gary Oliver have been offered a new contract with Paul Watson getting the chance to prove his fitness over the summer or us just doing him a favour given his long lay off.

Pearse Carroll & Scott Honeyman being the only ones kept on from the youngsters we signed last summer. Presumably they'll be part of the development team.

Disappointed we've kept Oliver on but it was always going to happen.

Goalkeepers
PJ Morrison

Defenders
Coll Donaldson
Liam Henderson
Sean Mackie
Leon Mccann
Brad Mckay

Midfielders
Stephen McGinn
Aidan Nesbitt
Finn Yeats
Callumn Morrison
Ola Lawal
Pearse Carroll (D)
Scott Honeyman (D)

Strikers
Gary Oliver
Jordan Allan
Alfredo Agyeman

Edited by FFC 1876

Listening to Falkirk daft earlier and agree with Lewis and john said in the fact you can take a defeat as long as there is a bit effort shown but last Tuesday there was no guts about any of the team for the fight and Saturday was a meaningless game any sort of play for pride and the fans  were completely gone.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

It was ok. I did it to help the club more than for myself. The view is miles better up there but atmosphere is awful and you do need to watch your p’s and q’s. 
Will miss the view nothing else really 

Atmosphere in the KM has not been too great recently!

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Seen a lot of people asking for an experienced centre back to come in and play beside Donaldson. Having a look around who might be available this summer there doesn't really look to be any decent options fitting that mould.

I'd go the opposite way, Lewis Neilson on loan from Hearts. He was a stand out for us the last time he was on loan, adds a bit of power in there and is also extremely comfortable on the ball which we need given McGlynn's style of play. Can also play right back if needed.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Paul Watson gets offered a new deal if he shows up well in pre season training.

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve no an issue with either staying as squad players tbh.

Only danger is you keep filling up the entire list with people who are only good enough to be squad players and you’ve got no space left for signing people who should be starting before them. 

25 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Mad that Mcglynn never played Burrell, pissed him off so much that he decided to go elsewhere, then threw him in for both crunch playoff games, where his head or heart wouldn’t be in it. I don’t care if Burrell is maybe a bit of a fanny - that is absurd management 

If Burrells head or heart weren’t in those games then it is absolutely the right call to empty him.

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Only danger is you keep filling up the entire list with people who are only good enough to be squad players and you’ve got no space left for signing people who should be starting before them. 

I agree but I’d counter that by saying McGlynn has to make sure that the players he signs are first team starters. If he doesn’t do that then keeping the likes of Oliver will come back to bite him on the arse.