The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Possibly but Dunfermline’s bring about 2000 more than Cove to each home game.

I get you are trying to put a positive spin on our gates and income not being impacted but I can confirm it will be.

Oh I agree they will by Dunfermline not being in the league but I don't think Airdrie being replaced by Hamilton will make much difference.

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

Signed him for us and yous need a RB by what’s been said/seen here and he’s out of contract I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens tbh 

He looked decent I thought today. Would easily be the best right back we’ve had in years. Seems like a bit of a cock though. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Let’s worry about our clown before lecturing others 

Exactly- far too many happy with our performance this season imo. Ultimately Airdrie are now in the championship with a third of our budget at best but it was seemingly impossible for McGlynn to do any better with 18 of his own players.

McGlynn has apparently worked a miracle for us according to some which we are supposed to hero worship, so I’m struggling to guess what Rhys McCabe has managed.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Exactly- far too many happy with our performance this season imo. Ultimately Airdrie are now in the championship with a third of our budget at best. 

McGlynn has apparently worked a miracle for us according to some, so I’m struggling to guess what Rhys McCabe has managed.

I get the frustration but all this chat about McGlynn out renders to absolutely nothing atm. He’ll be here for the beginning of next season at least and we can judge his performance then. Hopefully he gets it right on the park and we can re-evaluate.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

I get the frustration but all this chat about McGlynn out renders to absolutely nothing atm. He’ll be here for the beginning of next season at least and we can judge his performance then. Hopefully he gets it right on the park and we can re-evaluate.

I have now reluctantly accepted he’ll be here but previous boards would have been slated for keeping him on in my view.

A novice manger at Airdrie has managed promotion with a third of our budget at best (probably more like one quarter), yet we’re supposed to believe McGlynn has worked wonders for us according to some. Sorry, not for me.

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have now reluctantly accepted he’ll be here but previous boards would have been slated for keeping him on in my view.

A novice manger at Airdrie has managed promotion with a third of our budget at best (probably more like one quarter), yet we’re supposed to believe McGlynn has worked wonders for us according to some. Sorry, not for me.

I’m always banging on here about how loyal and passionate our fans are but are we really?

Loyal, yes, absolutely. We have been loyal in the extreme, backing the club and team in numbers through thick and thin over the last 5 seasons.

But are we really passionate? Adjective. having, compelled by, or ruled by intense emotion or strong feeling; fervid.

I’m starting to think that apathy has kicked in for far too many of our fans. Apathy: lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

There is way too much acceptance of where we are at and McGlynn’s “achievements”. Are there really so many of you on here that are close to the board and don’t want to upset your friends with negative posts? Has the FSS and fan representation on the board become a bit of a double edged sword with nobody prepared to criticize anymore? Yes, the board are fans too and I am sure want the very best for the club. I am certain that Margaret Lang wanted the very best for the club. I am positive that Doug Henderson wanted the very best for the club. But when they made mistakes they were hounded for it.  I think that the current board are given far too much of an easy ride, as if they are not capable of making errors of judgement.

Do the majority of Falkirk posters on here, genuinely, in your heart of hearts, believe that McGlynn is the right man to get us promotion and take us forward? I don’t. I think the only reason he is getting another season “to put things right” is because the board thinks that it would cost the club too much money to get rid. We should use some of the funds from our jammy cup run to give him his jotters and start the new season with somebody else in charge.

I am going to resurrect a word that used to be bandied about regularly on here but I just don’t see anymore.

I am scunnered.

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nah, no chance. Even McGlynn ain’t that stupid.

Be an upgrade on Williamson, but hey so would I be and am in my 50’s, carrying too many pounds and left footed 

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I’m always banging on here about how loyal and passionate our fans are but are we really?

Loyal, yes, absolutely. We have been loyal in the extreme, backing the club and team in numbers through thick and thin over the last 5 seasons.

But are we really passionate? Adjective. having, compelled by, or ruled by intense emotion or strong feeling; fervid.

I’m starting to think that apathy has kicked in for far too many of our fans. Apathy: lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

There is way too much acceptance of where we are at and McGlynn’s “achievements”. Are there really so many of you on here that are close to the board and don’t want to upset your friends with negative posts? Has the FSS and fan representation on the board become a bit of a double edged sword with nobody prepared to criticize anymore? Yes, the board are fans too and I am sure want the very best for the club. I am certain that Margaret Lang wanted the very best for the club. I am positive that Doug Henderson wanted the very best for the club. But when they made mistakes they were hounded for it.  I think that the current board are given far too much of an easy ride, as if they are not capable of making errors of judgement.

Do the majority of Falkirk posters on here, genuinely, in your heart of hearts, believe that McGlynn is the right man to get us promotion and take us forward? I don’t. I think the only reason he is getting another season “to put things right” is because the board thinks that it would cost the club too much money to get rid. We should use some of the funds from our jammy cup run to give him his jotters and start the new season with somebody else in charge.

I am going to resurrect a word that used to be bandied about regularly on here but I just don’t see anymore.

I am scunnered.

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

This. I was totally positive when we the new management team were appointed and sincerely/genuinely wished them every success in getting us out this hell hole. Let’s face it, after languishing in lower depths of Scottish football for so long and backed with additional funding we should have been able to seal promotion. Fact - he inherited some shite. Fact - he had funding most other managers including the championship teams couldn’t get near, and enough to get us up first term.
A decent run of form gave us some hope, but we folded at shat it at the games that mattered. Out thought by McPake/McCabe all season, and the humiliating season end, where we had a decent chance of making it to a cup final. The capitulation and humiliation against Airdrie and then the return game where we didn’t even lay a fist, not a fight, no desire, no accountability, absolute shame on those who chose to shite one yet again.

Anyone taking in last nights game would have seen two teams who would have battered us. 
A two year contract shouldn’t have guaranteed him a second year in charge, but that’s the BODs decision.
He’s now rewarded the biggest fan dancer a two year deal, where one at best should have been sufficient. Noticeably hardly kicked a ball since the extension.

The spine of last season’s embarrassment still in place, gives me the absolute fear, however with the players released, McGlynn gets the chance to build a team capable of promotion. Said earlier the players he signs must be better that what’s here, and he can’t get it wrong. 

The next few weeks are critical, the club will be relying on good early STs being sold, absolutely no idea if the fans will continue to back the club. 

6 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Exactly- far too many happy with our performance this season imo. Ultimately Airdrie are now in the championship with a third of our budget at best but it was seemingly impossible for McGlynn to do any better with 18 of his own players.

McGlynn has apparently worked a miracle for us according to some which we are supposed to hero worship, so I’m struggling to guess what Rhys McCabe has managed.

You can slaughter the manager all you want but McCabe, outside the lad who went to Raith, by and large had the same core of players from last season who finished way way ahead of our gang. 
McGlynn inherited 14 of that squad, and had he had the finance, I am sure would have cleared more out and more quickly than he did. He turned that around to finishing comfortably above Airdrie. Those slaughtering him seem to forget that. I just don’t get this McCabe is a master coach narrative.

Now the excuses are gone. The team that starts this season will be McGlynn’s. He has a core of better players than he inherited and he will have to supplement them with the right types in the right areas. Goalkeeper, RB, CH, CM and striker.  Anything else other than promotion will be failure and catastrophic for the club unless there is serious investment. 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This. I was totally positive when we the new management team were appointed and sincerely/genuinely wished them every success in getting us out this hell hole. Let’s face it, after languishing in lower depths of Scottish football for so long and backed with additional funding we should have been able to seal promotion. Fact - he inherited some shite. Fact - he had funding most other managers including the championship teams couldn’t get near, and enough to get us up first term.
A decent run of form gave us some hope, but we folded at shat it at the games that mattered. Out thought by McPake/McCabe all season, and the humiliating season end, where we had a decent chance of making it to a cup final. The capitulation and humiliation against Airdrie and then the return game where we didn’t even lay a fist, not a fight, no desire, no accountability, absolute shame on those who chose to shite one yet again.

Anyone taking in last nights game would have seen two teams who would have battered us. 
A two year contract shouldn’t have guaranteed him a second year in charge, but that’s the BODs decision.
He’s now rewarded the biggest fan dancer a two year deal, where one at best should have been sufficient. Noticeably hardly kicked a ball since the extension.

The spine of last season’s embarrassment still in place, gives me the absolute fear, however with the players released, McGlynn gets the chance to build a team capable of promotion. Said earlier the players he signs must be better that what’s here, and he can’t get it wrong. 

The next few weeks are critical, the club will be relying on good early STs being sold, absolutely no idea if the fans will continue to back the club. 

Of course they will and if they like the look of the signings probably in good numbers. They bought after M&M season with Sheerin appointed and Deans in charge why not now? the supporters own over 50% of their own club. Why would they walk away? If they don’t like the direction they can change it. 

10 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Well here’s the final line up for next season

Hamilton

Cove Rangers

Falkirk

Alloa

QOS

FC Edinburgh

Montrose

Kelty Hearts

Stirling Albion

Annan Athletic

Exciting looking isn’t it 

It's not exciting for you at all in terms of enticing fixtures with lots of noisy rival supports.

However, surely as you all keep going on about getting "out of this shithole", it's extremely exciting in that regard. No?

There won't be a side in there with gates even a third of yours, with several averaging much less than even that.

If you can't escape that league, then there really and truly must be something fundamentally and structurally amiss at the club.

I see some real nonsense on here: in the last few pages, there's been mention of the need for 'investment ' calls for fans to put money into the club rather than spend it on away games, and even lamenting of the loss of gate revenue from Dunfermline.

It's all quite ludicrous.  Even before we chuck in this season's Cup run, Falkirk will have way, way more wealth than anyone they face in the league next season.

Stop pining for more.  That is not the issue.

10 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Well here’s the final line up for next season

Hamilton

Cove Rangers

Falkirk

Alloa

QOS

FC Edinburgh

Montrose

Kelty Hearts

Stirling Albion

Annan Athletic

Exciting looking isn’t it 

I'd posted yesterday about away crowds and the effect they have on the game day experience, that looks grim. 

If you win the title you won't care right enough, but that does not look like a fun time. 

37 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Why make things up to suit your own narrative?

Exactly, I have seen no MCGlynn hero worship. 

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Beat way to get us to f**k off is to be semi competent, we will stop visiting when you stop laughing.

I've read this reply of yours several times and it still makes no sense. 

Why would the Falkirk fan be laughing? Why would him ceasing to laugh make you leave?