The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well it was down in the car park at Falkirk

Where most of the fighting was done

And a loyal supporter of Falkirk

Was shot by a councillors gun

Needs to have more, "fleeced", "p*ssing themselves laughing", "don't own", "nice easy money, little effort".

Those words just came into my head, don't know why, never heard them repeated before, they just sprung out for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Brad Spencer away from us. He’s a bit of a McGlynn favourite, seems like here’s the obvious place he’d end up.

Wouldn't be a bad signing, adds a bit of dig in there. Don't fancy him and McGinn as a midfield pair right enough as he's not going to create chances for you.

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wouldn't be a bad signing, adds a bit of dig in there. Don't fancy him and McGinn as a midfield pair right enough as he's not going to create chances for you.

Wouldn't say he particularly adds 'dig' above your average for a midfielder.

His strength is in his range of passing, and his mobility. Let him take the ball off of the defence and he can move the ball extremely well across the field.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, renton said:

His strength is in his range of passing. Let him take the ball off of the defence and he can move the ball extremely well across the field.

I just remember him being the foil for Hendry to go play.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I just remember him being the foil for Hendry to go play.

Obviously Hendry is the better player but both are similar styles. Ross Matthews was in the side at the time to provide the dig.

11 minutes ago, renton said:

His strength is in his range of passing, and his mobility. Let him take the ball off of the defence and he can move the ball extremely well across the field.

That's something we could do with tbh. Let a midfielder do that so that Donaldson doesn't waste time stroking it about the back then launching it to no c**t. 

Spencer and McGinn in tandem should be capable of dictating the play in a League 1 side. 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Falkirk TV team leaving and no replacement lined up - wonder why they're going. Shame. 

As with anyone who puts in the countless hours to support Scottish football clubs it's a thankless task.

But their content has been absolutely hilarious over the last few years when it's all been going wrong. Hopefully whoever takes over can keep McGlynn flapping and keeps the comms on the highlights.

Guest FFC1965

Oliver is a mediocre striker at best. 

I dont buy the "he works hard and brings others into the play" argument - the likes of Declan McManus & Zak Rudden couldn't spell link up play but are/were streets ahead of Oliver by the sole measure a striker should be measured by - goals.    

McGinns fortunate too - a great start to the season then went off a cliff.  Happy to see Morrison go.

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Brad Spencer away from us. He’s a bit of a McGlynn favourite, seems like here’s the obvious place he’d end up.

Tbh I can’t see him dropping down to league 1 I reckon he’ll stay in the championship or go back to the states as he said in a interview that he would like to go back and play over there