The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Jordan Allan has plenty of goals in him we just need to have him on the park. I reckon we'll get another striker in on loan later in the window too as Oliver's more of a midfielder and Agyeman's more of a winger. 

MacIver seems to get himself into the right positions he just has to be a lot more clinical this season.

Morrison will get his share of goals again and Miller has looked threatening in the pre season games so hopefully they chip in.

Ageyman and lawal will also get a fair few imo. Spencer might even chip in with 5 or 6

9 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Ageyman and lawal will also get a fair few imo. Spencer might even chip in with 5 or 6

2 goals in 66 championship games for Raith, I think we can safely say Spencer's not much of a goal threat.

Don't see why there wouldn't be as many or more goals in this team as last season. We haven't lost a goalscorer. We won't be relying on Oliver up top on his own. No reason to suspect Morrison doesn't keep his returns up, no reason to think Agyeman won't outscored Kennedy. 

Once again, goals is lesser among my concerns than RB or a horrible b*****d in the middle of the park. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Don't see why there wouldn't be as many or more goals in this team as last season. We haven't lost a goalscorer. We won't be relying on Oliver up top on his own. No reason to suspect Morrison doesn't keep his returns up, no reason to think Agyeman won't outscored Kennedy. 

Once again, goals is lesser among my concerns than RB or a horrible b*****d in the middle of the park. 

Think most would agree with that order of priorities. Still 5 loans available and unless someone goes out I doubt there will be any more permanent signings.

1. A right back is a must.
2. Bit of energy/steel in the middle of the park.
3. Another option upfront.
4. If we're being greedy another creative midfielder.

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Think most would agree with that order of priorities. Still 5 loans available and unless someone goes out I doubt there will be any more permanent signings.

1. A right back is a must.
2. Bit of energy/steel in the middle of the park.
3. Another option upfront.
4. If we're being greedy another creative midfielder.

Absolutely. If you gave me 1 pick its RB. 2 and I'd go RB and DM.

Guest Back Post Misses
19 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Where's Caractacus Potts when you need him to remind us how much we should trust McGlynn. 

Hiding behind another user name probably 

Guest Back Post Misses
14 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

He did, the game v Alloa. We then went up north and played a few games, he wasn`t with the team but returned to play the last two friendlies v Preston & Hibs.

Was it not Albion Rovers away? 

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah but none of them are the sort of deplorable thug that I want 🤷‍♂️

I’d expect McGinn being captain and Spencer being a higher earner will mean they will both play regularly.  I’m all for shoring up the midfield but at this level I think 3 defensive minded midfielders playing most week would be overkill and would negatively impact our ability to attack.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Was it not Albion Rovers away? 

That was our first league Cup game at the end of July. The Alloa game was 02 July and the other friendlies were in between that...up to the last one v Hibs on the 19th. This isn`t from memory or I would have said Alloa was our last friendly. It`s from "Bettermeddle".

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

How's Agyeman looked pre season for you? Interested to see how he develops FT & in a team which should dominate more games than we did.

I haven’t seen in personally, but my dad was at the closed door friendly at St Johnstone the other week and he was impressed with his play. He thinks his pace and physicality should make him a good addition for the season 

Mcglynns loan signings in league one have in the main been pretty decent but like most managers you can't get them all right. Main thing is you  the vast majority are successful. The season they went up they had gullan, McLean and Anderson who all did pretty well and the year before had Henry and Armstrong who are both excellent players and last season most of them were pretty decent with wright being the only real stinker and he was possibly one more likely to succeed give his record at Montrose.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Also, I'd bet my house on Ola and Miller both outscoring Nesbitt 

Not sure about that. Miller did start his career as a striker, I remember seeing him score the winner vs England in a Victory Shield match at Starks, however he’s only got 6 career goals to his name. Nesbitt isn’t much of a goal scorer either but still has a better record than Miller. Ola I agree with,  provided he gets game time. 

Just now, Van_damage said:

Not sure about that. Miller did start his career as a striker, I remember seeing him score the winner vs England in a Victory Shield match at Starks, however he’s only got 6 career goals to his name. Nesbitt isn’t much of a goal scorer either but still has a better record than Miller. Ola I agree with,  provided he gets game time. 

I just don't see Aidan Nesbitt, for all the credit I gave him last season when he earned it, having previously not been shy of berating him, doesn't seek to put himself in a scoring position anything like often enough. To the point of it being a fault in his game tbh. He doesn't gamble either positionally or with the ball. You can't do that every time, but I'm confident that Miller will do so more than him and reap the benefits. Might not be loads of goals, but the initial point was that I see there potentially being more goals in this squad than last season, whilst others still seem concerned about that specifically. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just don't see Aidan Nesbitt, for all the credit I gave him last season when he earned it, having previously not been shy of berating him, doesn't seek to put himself in a scoring position anything like often enough. To the point of it being a fault in his game tbh. He doesn't gamble either positionally or with the ball. You can't do that every time, but I'm confident that Miller will do so more than him and reap the benefits. Might not be loads of goals, but the initial point was that I see there potentially being more goals in this squad than last season, whilst others still seem concerned about that specifically. 

Agree with what you’re saying regarding Nesbitt but also saying that Miller is not a goal scorer either so although I hope you’re right, there isn’t much evidence in his career to suggest he’ll get many for us.