The Falkirk FC Thread

I think I’m right in saying a win would nearly guarantee us finishing top, even if we lose on Tuesday so long as we beat Peterhead. If buts and maybes however if we win today and against Peterhead but lose to DU we’d finish on 9. If Partick lose today and beat Spartans they’d be on 8. 

5 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Today we will learn what this squad have, whether they are up for a battle or get a stuffing a la Airdrie. 

I don't think it will teach us much that we don't already know. The squad is unbalanced and square pegs into round holes. I got a similar feeling as I had the last visit to firhill for today.

I hope I am wrong tho.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Third is, McGinn and Spencer not starting together - I don’t think it works.

I fully expect McGinn and Spencer starting. If Henderson is fit a possibility of McGinn dropping out but I'd guess Oliver will come in for Lawall the only change.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bit harsh mcginn has been a quality player throughout his career and played at a higher level than kerr. 

McGinn is a victim of Mcglynn not signing enough cover in that area last season, he was head and shoulders above any player in league 1 and possibly the championship but by November his performances fell off a cliff due to him being overplayed and overstretched. Not sure if that’s when he picked up his knee injury but the fact he’s taking injections now is worrying for his long term health. 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Yeah Graham will rag doll us today. Aaron Muirhead will most likely do the same with McIvor at the other end.

McIvor looks to me from what I've seen, which is admittedly limited, to be a genuinely strong laddie who is properly good in the air. That the rest of his game is lacking is why he's in league 1, but I don't think there's any reason to suspect hel shrink away from a relative jobber in Aero

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McIvor looks to me from what I've seen, which is admittedly limited, to be a genuinely strong laddie who is properly good in the air. That the rest of his game is lacking is why he's in league 1, but I don't think there's any reason to suspect hel shrink away from a relative jobber in Aero

I've seen every available game so far and I've not got the same opinion. I think he's too weak for the role he is playing. Even last season at Alloa Sammon looked more like the one to cause us problems.

A jobber like Aero would walk into any team we have had since he left.

I think McGinn has always had a bit of trouble with his knee, the fact he's getting older and being asked to play week in week out probably never helped him last season, tbh while I don't think him and Spencer work together if they both get injured for any length of time we are fucked. Because there really isn't a great deal of options, unless there are loans still to come in.

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I've seen every available game so far and I've not got the same opinion. I think he's too weak for the role he is playing. Even last season at Alloa Sammon looked more like the one to cause us problems.

A jobber like Aero would walk into any team we have had since he left.

He would, but that doesn't mean that hel automatically dominate McIvor in the air. I think we have seen how well McIvor does in the air in one of RandomGuys wee pie charts. Hel win plenty week in week out. The crux is whether we support him adequately

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

He would, but that doesn't mean that hel automatically dominate McIvor in the air. I think we have seen how well McIvor does in the air in one of RandomGuys wee pie charts. Hel win plenty week in week out. The crux is whether we support him adequately

I'll give him time to see if I change my mind. Hopefully he does. 

Agree on the support point. The service he got on Tuesday was very poor. Only once Miller went on did it improve. I'd swap him out for Morrison today.

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'll give him time to see if I change my mind. Hopefully he does. 

Agree on the support point. The service he got on Tuesday was very poor. Only once Miller went on did it improve. I'd swap him out for Morrison today.

For a guy who does bag hos fair share of goals, Morrison could certainly improve his timing as far as getting into the box goes. He definitely gets himself in there when the ball is going down the opposite flank,  but I think with McIvor there he ought to gamble more often from central areas and leave the width to Yeats or whoever comes in there 

On 21/07/2023 at 09:03, LatapyBairn. said:

Really don’t think that would be the case IF we went to some kind of hybrid set up as was suggested MAY happen, it would be more likely young academy graduates would be pushed into the first team as full time pro’s when money is tight supplemented by a few experienced pro’s and some part time players but regardless of that how would scraping part of the academy be it the B team or whatever other facet solve this worst case scenario you are predicting anyway? By at a push diverting enough cash to perhaps sign an extra first team player on a 6 month deal this season? What difference is that going to make in reality?   (I doubt the funds saved would even cover that)

If there is no money for full time first players next season, there will rightly be no money for full time youngsters 

Can't beat a restricted view at the old football.  Why does it not say that on your ticket and give you it reduced price. We're probably paying the same as the Partick fans at the end of the day..Honestly two nice stands they'll never fill and they stick us in the old shitey one with no legroom and stantions blocking your view of the pitch.