The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

It’s definitely not a ‘must win’ in the sense there is so much of the season to be played but we will start to put ourselves under a lot of pressure if we allow Hamilton and others to start building a gap on us. Was the same thing last thing when it was said if we win x and they lose z then we’ll be fine. Unfortunately that didn’t happen so much better to keep our fate in our own hands as quickly and for as long as possible. 

Noticed a pattern on here, as on any social media when anyone debates. When you can’t contest the point at hand or want to deflect from a  certain viewpoint, you instead try to discredit someone by calling them a tin foil hat wearer or knicker wetter or some other. A case of don’t listen to what this person says as they are crazy, a troublemaker or have some sort of an agenda. Funny thing it works too when trying to deflect for whatever reason. Folk don’t even listen even when that person turns out to be correct. Remember Pedro getting all sorts of abuse when suggesting we had no money for a right back. Could maybe have provided more information but for all the abuse they turned out to be right and noone bothered to say so. I’ve had that recently when being wrongfully accused of putting words in another persons mouth. It’s not good particularly when you don’t make yourself anonymous. 

Why not just say you disagree and put across your point rather than take slight at the person saying it? If someone is talking such nonsense then shouldn’t be hard to contest, should it?

It is absolute nonsense and a complete exaggeration but that is typical of our support. Knicker wetting was on the phase not the poster. 
What I do agree with is the meltdown on here will be mental and as usual over the top. It will bring out the “I want the club to fail really” brigade out gnashing their teeth as usual.  

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

We have a lot more ST holders now versus the last few seasons at Brockville. Even the last season in 02/03 we had around 1000 but the number of PATG was huge due to how well we were playing. 

Regarding tomorrow night, it’s a must win on the basis it’s a home game, a home game versus a newly promoted team & lastly it’s a home game against STIRLING ALBION. Get it won, reduce the gap on Accies & move onto Alloa on Saturday. 

The only people who think this is must win are some of our supporters. 
We should beat them - they looked slow at the back v Aberdeen. However they will sit in allow no space in behind and unless we get one early we will need to be very patient. If nothing else surely the last 4 years in this league tells us that taking teams lightly will cost us. Just ask St.Johnstone about them. 
I think we will win but I just hope then fans stick with the side of it takes a while to break them down. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

It is absolute nonsense and a complete exaggeration but that is typical of our support. Knicker wetting was on the phase not the poster. 
What I do agree with is the meltdown on here will be mental and as usual over the top. It will bring out the “I want the club to fail really” brigade out gnashing their teeth as usual.  

We should be in meltdown if we don’t beat Stirling Albion at home in a league game. It wouldn’t be over the top at all.

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

We should be in meltdown if we don’t beat Stirling Albion at home in a league game. It wouldn’t be over the top at all.

I don’t agree. Look what they did to St.Johnstone. FWIW I think we will beat them but it won’t be as easy as some seem to think if we don’t get an early goal. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

I don’t agree. Look what they did to St.Johnstone. FWIW I think we will beat them but it won’t be as easy as some seem to think if we don’t get an early goal. 

I don't think anyone is saying it will be an easy game. 

The point is, that this we should be beating these teams at home.  Not beating Stirling would be a major blow to our credentials as potential champions.  We lost 5 pts to Kelty last season at home and a repeat of that scenario is not one we want.

I'm pleased that you don't think we should be too worried if we get beat, but I certainly will be ! 

7 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I don't think anyone is saying it will be an easy game. 

The point is, that this we should be beating these teams at home.  Not beating Stirling would be a major blow to our credentials as potential champions.  We lost 5 pts to Kelty last season at home and a repeat of that scenario is not one we want.

I'm pleased that you don't think we should be too worried if we get beat, but I certainly will be ! 

Where did I say we should not be worried? My point is simple whether we win 10-0, draw or lose it won’t decide anything. Clearly we need to be winning these games but the over the top reactions are just what they are, over the top. Even if we win comfortably the only focus has to be Alloa. Too many look to far ahead and have done every season in this league. Not winning will be frustrating and it won’t feel go but if certainly won’t be over 

Anything less than a win at home against a team that's just came up from the league below isn't acceptable in my book. We dropped too many daft points last season against sides we should be beating, 7 points from the first three fixtures should be the minimum and if I'm being greedy it should have been maximum points as we should have beaten Cove. Unfortunately the usual issue at the back or rather Brad McKay cost us. That's an area I think will continue to cost us until McGlynn sorts it out regardless of Lang being in the back four. Ditching the zonal marking might help aswell. 

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think a few people myself included probably recall Brockville as always being busier or it seemed that way notably when the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hibs or Hearts came to town. Maybe I'm just looking at it with nostalgia specs on. 

You should have seen it in the 70's decline when we went part time. 1,400 some games and dead

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Of course tomorrow isn’t a must win game given it’s only the 3rd league of the season but Falkirk fans coming on here even vaguely suggesting it’s ok to lose to Stirling Albion at home and it’s not an overly important game is fucking wild.

Lose tomorrow and we could potentially  go to Alloa on Saturday 8 points behind Hamilton - how in God’s name do any of our fans think that’s acceptable early in the season or not.

Couldn’t have put it better. 

2 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Usual over the top? You’ve only been registered on the forum for a couple of weeks! 

Edited by Van_damage

If you want to win the actual title, all home games need to be viewed as must win really tbh. 

You can get into talking acceptable draws away from home, or later on in the if you have a decent lead, but ultimately we need to be generating point at a good old rate and home games are the foundation upon which it's built. 

A draw against the Binos at home the way they are playing might be sort of OK when isolated as a single game but these points are as valuable now as the ones in game 36 and so, it is basically must win. It's just there's time now to repair the damage, but it's doesn't take long failing to win the must win game before you reach "needing snookers" territory. 

2 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

The only people who think this is must win are some of our supporters. 
We should beat them - they looked slow at the back v Aberdeen. However they will sit in allow no space in behind and unless we get one early we will need to be very patient. If nothing else surely the last 4 years in this league tells us that taking teams lightly will cost us. Just ask St.Johnstone about them. 
I think we will win but I just hope then fans stick with the side of it takes a while to break them down. 

We should really have to wait till we get into double figures of league games before anything fully takes shape but we have last seasons cloud over us.

I'm pretty sure the majority are behind the team but have their fingers crossed McGlynn proves them wrong.

It's gonna take time before last seasons hangover is erased, a win over Stirling Albion won't do that

Don’t think anybody could argue we do indeed see plenty example of over the top / extreme reactions on here (although not from all obviously and it is only a handful of us that post, I doubt it’s even a fair cross reflection of the wider support). For me at this stage in the season if I’m seeing performances both from the team and individual players showing we are improving from last season I’m of the believe results will eventually come and prefer to stay positive however that can only last so long, especially if Hamilton keep wining but I’m a good bit away from pressing the nuclear button just yet, even if we did end up on a poor result tomorrow it would still be way way to early and I hope if it’s 0-0 at half time we don’t get idiots booing the team again like we did against Annan, it’s totally counter productive. If we don’t get that early goal a lot of these games are going to be frustrating and the team will need our patience at least in the short term…… Incidentally I do fancy us to get the job done tomorrow and IMO the squad although smaller is better this season than it was last. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.