The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ayr game moved to a Tuesday night  which is pretty crap. Good day out but won't see anywhere near as many now.   

Why don’t we turn it in to a positive and try get the club to open up the Brockville Bar and hire out the Westfield lounge to broadcast the game? £10 entry for I think 250 capacity. Could make the club a few grand and be a good night for those who can’t make it down to Somerset? 

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Why don’t we turn it in to a positive and try get the club to open up the Brockville Bar and hire out the Westfield lounge to broadcast the game? £10 entry for I think 250 capacity. Could make the club a few grand and be a good night for those who can’t make it down to Somerset? 

👏🥳

10 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Then your perhaps going to see even less fans going down to back the side 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not stopping anyone from going but an option for those who can’t make it down to watch it amongst fans and make the club a few bob in the process. 

50 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Great idea but no way the sfa allows this. 

2 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Great idea but no way the sfa allows this. 

You could be right. Trying to clarify as didn’t think the ruling applied to the Challenge Cup. 

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Was wondering last night how much they electronic subs boards cost, is this something FSC could maybe buy the club.

Potentially as part of the 5% idea I mooted before. Could put an FSS logo on it so members can see where there money went to and club could sell the branding for it to a potential sponsor. 

42 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It is an Air show taking place the original weekend so the police would have said no.

Do you have anything to confirm this because to my knowledge it was only blocked hours and determined by broadcast partners. 

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2023/08/11/blocked-hours-protection/#:~:text=For the avoidance of doubt,terms of UEFA Article 48.

8 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Do you have anything to confirm this because to my knowledge it was only blocked hours and determined by broadcast partners. 

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2023/08/11/blocked-hours-protection/#:~:text=For the avoidance of doubt,terms of UEFA Article 48.

Sorry @Andy Dufresne. Realised your reply was nothing to do with broadcasting the match. 

@Big chungusdo you have any more information with regards to thinking the SFA won’t allow it? Can’t find anything that says it’s a definite no goer. 

Edited by Van_damage

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I am talking about the Ayr v Falkirk game.

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

No tears if we go out, a cup competition you barely break even if you win it.

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Selfishly (very) can now make the new Ayr date. 

With the original date being the Sept holiday weekend, it may not impact the crowd too much. I’d still expect a minimum of 500 to travel and maybe a few more. 

I'll be surprised if 500 make it down now. A good weekend train day also bus trip stopping at fenwick. 

One of the great days out which was my first thought with the cup draw....midweek no so 

You needed SPFL permission for a club to “beam back” the game, I believe they asked for one on 2 occasions, v Dumbarton last game of season a few years back and when we played in Ireland in the Trust Tropht cup and both times it was refused.

But with streaming within the UK for the game so it’s possible (ayr’s stream)  but they’ll probably need to do a deal with Ayr with possible lost income.

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Reflecting on last night, you just sense something is building for once, finally. 

The players, the management, the fans, that atmosphere & the connection is growing game by game. 

You just feel it 💪🏼

Both feet on the ground, with all respect a further ten or so consecutive performances/wins like Tuesday night, I might fully agree…

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Both feet on the ground, with all respect a further ten or so consecutive performances/wins like Tuesday night, I might fully agree…

Totally yeah. Was more on the last 3 games as to how we’ve played/battled but absolutely, proof will be if we can sustain it.