The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

I've endured literally hundreds of pages of posters talking about shares and committees and board members and I could go on and on and on.

I won't and never will apologise for how I (and anyone with half a brain) should feel towards the conservative party, any of its members, or supporters. f**k the lot of them.

3bf66ee5214cbd361855f0c79c1d7d8611-leo-toast-9.h473.w710.gif

7 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I've endured literally hundreds of pages of posters talking about shares and committees and board members and I could go on and on and on.

I won't and never will apologise for how I (and anyone with half a brain) should feel towards the conservative party, any of its members, or supporters. f**k the lot of them.

Shame you can only give each post one green dot, here fucking here.

Clearly hoards if QotS fans up in town today - the BTW supporters bus is apparently now booked out by Queens fans?? A rather bizarre policy change and equally bizarre show of appreciation to its Falkirk regulars.  Shanks' Pony for me, so a poor start to this afternoon's carnival of football. 

23 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Clearly hoards if QotS fans up in town today - the BTW supporters bus is apparently now booked out by Queens fans?? A rather bizarre policy change and equally bizarre show of appreciation to its Falkirk regulars.  Shanks' Pony for me, so a poor start to this afternoon's carnival of football. 

They obviously don’t realise they’re going to be stuck in a traffic jam behind a knuckledraggers walk!😂🤣😂

image.thumb.png.8d926b95e45485ea082b9994018bfa7b.png

Edited by kiddy

On 15/09/2023 at 16:06, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Took me about 5 seconds to find a study in the Lancet where Swedish ex players were about 50% more likely to have neurodegenerative disease than control.

9% versus 6% of the groups.

I am sure there are multiple other studies out there if you look.

On 15/09/2023 at 16:27, Van_damage said:

This is the University of Glasgow study, which is also referenced in the Swedish one. They had less matched population(Sweden had around 10 to each player, this one had 3) to match up to the former players but found 5% of former players developed neurodegenerative disease compared to 1.6% of matched population controls.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/2782750

Thanks, I had a quick google at the time but couldn’t quite find the right article..

I wouldn’t have thought 6% to 9% is a big enough difference to drive change, I deal in risk management for a living and that wouldn’t make us change anything.

Yeah Miller and Aggie and both huge misses imo. Thought Ethan Ross has looked good tho. With our current injury list I think we will have to grind out some results over the next three games before we play Hamilton. Hopefully we can get a goal and I wouldn’t be too disappointed with a draw. Queens aren’t a bad team at all.

Edited by Big chungus