The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Bit a meh performance from us today, missed Agyeman presence and power up top but still going home happy with that late goal.

Limited ourselves tbh in that we persisted with lumping balls into the box instead of trying to turn Ambrose on the edge of theirs.

Finally made a break through by going centrally and taking a gamble. Tough watch but don't care.

QotS will feel they should've taken something from the game but they need to sack their fitness coach! 

Hope nothing too serious for McGuffie.

5 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Agyeman was a big loss.  I didn’t think Ross did much, and Nesbitt came onto a game but was rotten in the first half.  Nobody was getting up with MacIver.  Henderson also had a stinker.

Thought Yeats had a great game.

Each to their own, but I thought Henderson was a real presence in the middle today; won lots of possession back for us,, moved the ball around well, and moved it into space,  and won loads of important 50/50 stuff.  

We were talking today about how the team's spine is so much better now, with Lang & MacIver either end and Henderson a big factor in the middle. 

Unfortunately we aren’t going to play well every single game but a massive three points which I think we deserved. They also got what they deserved with Marvin’s negative tactics. Sitting in a 5-4-1 letting Gavin Reilly lead the press. We 100% missed Miller and Agyeman but it will be a massive boost when they are back. Shout out to Donaldson. A great clearance when I thought it would be a goal and the second one he got a touch to allow Lang to complete the clearance. He was man of the match by a country mile, Spencer behind him.

Two centrehalfs were excellent again for me. Hendos poorest game for a while . His distribution was awful today. Long made his usual hospital pass but then his save on to the bar first half and tackle after McCann's shocking backpass kept us in the game . From the main stand that looked like a stonewall penalty on lawal near the death but southstanders will have had a better view . 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Two centrehalfs were excellent again for me. Hendos poorest game for a while . His distribution was awful today. Long made his usual hospital pass but then his save on to the bar first half and tackle after McCann's shocking backpass kept us in the game . From the main stand that looked like a stonewall penalty on lawal near the death but southstanders will have had a better view . 

We have had our penalty quota for the season unfortunately!

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wasn't a pen, was just out muscled 

Edited by falkirkbairn23

4 hours ago, Zbairn said:

eh ?  Don't you want the club to get anything if someone wants to buy shares ?  

It's all in the opportunity of where you buy from. The only way for someone to buy shares now is to purchase them from an existing shareholder i.e. not the club. This is where the Rawlins sale comes in. 

Until the last few weeks that was not the case. You would normally buy them from the club and by that token give cash to the club.

Virtually everyone (maybe apart from Rawlins) who has bought shares has done so in that knowledge. They are not bought as an investment but as an emotional tie, with the club getting the money.

Where did I say I wouldn't want the club to get anything? If they sell them though the club wouldn't get anything. If I bought a car and then sold it on, I wouldn't expect the dealer I bought it from to get anything from the sale. 

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Donaldson and Lang were both great today, kept us in the game after quite a few stupid mistakes that last season would have sunk us.

On lawal it's the type of thing you've occasionally seen given, but it's shoulder to shoulder and the boy just rag dolls him a bit, the type of penalty you'd be raging if it was giving against you. 

12 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Yeats has never played that position in his short career apart from with us. He is going to be caught out a few times but is learning quickly. Thought his tackling was strong

He was great today. Some lung bursting runs and he hooked up well with Morrison. I can’t understand how anyone could think he was poor!!!????

I thought Lawal went down way too easy for the penalty shout, don't think it was a dive, just out muscled.

We were the better side despite not creating much, I genuinely think we'd have lost that game last year so we should be pretty happy.

QoTS host Hamilton next week and I think they're more than capable of taking something off them.