The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's absolutely mental that the past few years we've seen various clowns in charge and folk defending how dreadful we've been and yet lo and behold we get an actual manager in, give him a summer to build a squad and here we are.

Fair comment. His recruitment this summer alone deserves alot of credit. Still worries me a little he doesn't seem to have a plan b and he's so reluctant to play two strikers.. But who am I to comment when his team are producing the goods. COYB

Very comfortable win, and should have been out of sight first half. Hamilton result lost me a few quid (probably many punters that like a bet on a Saturday) but not complaining. Thought we never got out of fourth gear, with young Finn showing some excellent form. Lastly thought the ref was absolutely appalling. Thought there was maybe three defo cards, lost count how many. Team/Squad fighting for each other could be the difference this year. 

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Very comfortable win, and should have been out of sight first half. Hamilton result lost me a few quid (probably many punters that like a bet on a Saturday) but not complaining. Thought we never got out of fourth gear, with young Finn showing some excellent form. Lastly thought the ref was absolutely appalling. Thought there was maybe three defo cards, lost count how many. Team/Squad fighting for each other could be the difference this year. 

Definitely wouldn't say it was comfortable. There was times in that second half albion looked like they would score the winning goal. I was/am half cut tbf so may be talking a lot of shite. 

I do think we haven't played 'well' in a good few games but seem to still be grinding results. Quite happy with the way we are going, we're grinding results out, last year we'd have Drew that or even lost. Mon the bairns 

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Definitely wouldn't say it was comfortable. There was times in that second half albion looked like they would score the winning goal. I was/am half cut tbf so may be talking a lot of shite. 

I do think we haven't played 'well' in a good few games but seem to still be grinding results. Quite happy with the way we are going, we're grinding results out, last year we'd have Drew that or even lost. Mon the bairns 

Enjoy whatever you are drinking. Just sat down to my first. Still think we were comfortable and although they came at us more second half they never troubled us at any time. 

First half should have been 3/4-0 up and second half we were second best for me. Stirling going gung ho for a winner was a surprise and that ultimately was their downfall after brilliant pressing from MacIver. 

Finishing needs to be far better, Miller & Ross need to be starting games over the likes of Oliver & Agyeman.

Ewan Wilson, the young left back for them, was excellent.

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Enjoy whatever you are drinking. Just sat down to my first. Still think we were comfortable and although they came at us more second half they never troubled us at any time. 

Just happy with the three points! Don't want to be a crabbit bastert! Enjoy ur Saturday night good man! 

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Although we weren’t great today, it is so refreshing to watch a side that you always feel are capable of grinding out a result even when they aren’t all at it. 

That was us for a lot of last season, particularly in the 2nd half of the season. 

Missed this today as I was on parenting duty. 

Sounds like we got the job done unspectacularly which is fine by me. Would love to be scudding teams every week but as long as the wins keep coming I'm happy.

Fantastic to go 2 points clear, next week with us at home to Alloa and Hamilton having a tough fixture away at Montrose we can hopefully extend that.