The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The best thing about this game is the chance to rest those with knocks. Suspect very few key players play a 90 before the next league game. 

I actually wouldn’t rest a lot of players for tomorrow nights game. Change goalkeeper, Mackie in for Mcann, and probably play Agyeman or Ross in for Morrison and/or Nesbitt. Ideally you would rest Spencer but Bisland won’t be eligible and with Oliver and McGinn injured Hendo and Spencer are our only two centre mids available. You could play Nesbitt in there if you really really wanted to. Firstly, the players have had a full weeks rest. Secondly, our next game after that is in a full weeks time. Finally, I would quite like us to have a go at Dundee Utd tbh, with the expectation they will rest some players. It’s the Scottish cup game next week that I would rest pretty much everyone. Due to the fact we have Montrose three days later and would be good to have a fresh squad for that.

Edited by Big chungus

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The best thing about this game is the chance to rest those with knocks. Suspect very few key players play a 90 before the next league game. 

Is this the quarter final now? I know he’s been resting playing in this competition up until now but I’d actually quite like us to go try win the thing, breeds confidence/momentum and I’m sure the last time we won a promotion we won this cup with a final against Ross County in Perth? Nice day out for the fans and apart from anything else winning the trophy apparently brings a decent few pounds in which the manager could really be doing with. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

7 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Is this the quarter final now? I know he’s been resting playing in this competition up until now but I’d actually quite like us to go try win the thing, breeds confidence and I’m sure the last time we won a promotion we won this cup with a final against Ross County in Perth? Nice day out for the fans and apart from anything else winning the thing apparently brings a decent few pounds in which the manager could be doing with. 

Agreed, we have a full week of rest for a Scottish Cup tie against a Highland League side. No reason we shouldn't be playing a near-full best XI IMO

Don't think Formartine will be pushovers BTW. They're top of the HL so will probably be L2 standard, we can't afford to treat them lightly.

This probably sounds daft, but I believe Hendo is suspended for the Montrose game, so I'd give Mackie a run out in there for both the DU and Formartine games because we've nobody else that can play that role that I can see.

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think Formartine will be pushovers BTW. They're top of the HL so will probably be L2 standard, we can't afford to treat them lightly.

This probably sounds daft, but I believe Hendo is suspended for the Montrose game, so I'd give Mackie a run out in there for both the DU and Formartine games because we've nobody else that can play that role that I can see.

Has there been any word how far away McGinn is from fitness? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 hours ago, Just-in said:

As a request can we please not create more threads about Falkirk related stuff. I only joined here to see what was being said regarding the FSS but have found a lot of the other topics about club formation and background issues quite interesting.

There are definitely some posters than can be repetitive but I do find the treatment of some people to be verging on bullying. Some of the things that were said to HSW a few days ago were reprehensible to the point I felt obliged to report a post that called him/her a laughing stock. If you have to resort to being abusive then you’ve lost the argument. I would suggest it better to ignore issues you don’t want discussed rather than helping to create multitudes of pages going over the same thing.

I personally find some of the football chat about what formations John McGlynn should play a bit dull and has as little effect being discussed here than most topics, but I just scroll past. 

Would also agree that people who want to remain anonymous should she respected however it is worth remembering that there are humans behind each username and if you’re going to act in a contemptuous manner then I don’t think you can have any complaints if anyone bites back. 

But please, no more threads. The matchday threads are a good place for pre and post match discussion and as this is the Falkirk thread I hope that it will continue to be about all things Falkirk related. 

This shall be my first and most likely my only post but as my late Grandfather used to say, be kind to one another.

COYB

I actually mostly agree. I like to read about the FSS , boardroom shenanigans, potential ownerships, club infrastructure, the academy & transfer talk.

I have no interest in people's opinions on players, tactics and matches , I also scroll past them  - I can watch the games and make up my own mind and I rarely if ever go on the match thread.   

While I don't condone bullying, and I don't think it was, what is equally dull is HSW's one man crusade against the council and him digging up the same points that have already been dealt with umpteen times. He's more repetitive than anyone on here.   

17 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Some very loose plans of what's being proposed for the gateway site opposite the stadium

Will be suggesting we are provided with some corner pods as part of the development at the public consultation next year 

Screenshot2023-11-16at14_55_02.thumb.png.63432b4f05c936732efdab426a2004e9.png

Screenshot2023-11-16at14_53_57.thumb.png.7f9027a1427c5a76b61509e5bb97042e.png

I was alive for the great 2023/4 gentrification of the bog.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Looking for a decent show tonight, no question we’ve lost a bit of sparkle, but with Utd who are playing some decent stuff, it’s going to be a very open game. 

I think it will be open. I just hope we don't hear the boos starting if we're getting beat. 

14 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I actually mostly agree. I like to read about the FSS , boardroom shenanigans, potential ownerships, club infrastructure, the academy & transfer talk.

I have no interest in people's opinions on players, tactics and matches , I also scroll past them  - I can watch the games and make up my own mind and I rarely if ever go on the match thread.   

While I don't condone bullying, and I don't think it was, what is equally dull is HSW's one man crusade against the council and him digging up the same points that have already been dealt with umpteen times. He's more repetitive than anyone on here.   

Agree with pretty much all of this.  The reality is that when there is no 'wider' Falkirk chat than just the football, this page barely moves.  The other stuff is interesting and keeps everyone informed which is important now we're fan owned.