The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Would be crazy to let him go unless it's a ridiculous fee which isn't going to happen. He's a match winner and they are hard to come by. Keep him and let him go for nothing in the summer. 

I don’t think it’s a case of letting Morrison go. Come January he can sign a PCA (for season 24-25) with any club that’s been in contact with his agent.
Much like we did with Alfie in January. 

It would only be if a club wanted him to move in January that any (reduced value) fee would be involved.

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

I don’t think it’s a case of letting Morrison go. Come January he can sign a PCA (for season 24-25) with any club that’s been in contact with his agent.
Much like we did with Alfie in January. 

It would only be if a club wanted him to move in January that any (reduced value) fee would be involved.

Can't and should not stand in the way of Morrison.

Falkirk gave him a career lifeline after injury and he in the end delivered the goods so it worked out well for both parties.

Case of if the offer is enough let him go if not let him see out the season

Hatrick for Rhys Walker in a 7-0 win for Camelon, playing left wing getting booted up and down the park.

2 goals for Scott Honeyman playing right wing in a 4-3 defeat to Bo'ness, ex bairns Luke Rankin, Fin Malcolm and Tom Grant also on the scoresheet in that game.

No games for the rest of the loanees at the weekend.

It’s a difficult one for the club and believe Morrison would easily see his wages even in the English lower leagues multiply x3 or 4, for what he’s earning now. Could have the scenario that a stupid bid of anything around/over £100K (unlikely) could be considered a decent piece of business in funding the never ending financial gap. Is it not the case that there’s a good number of players that can sign elsewhere in a few weeks time?

Sure we’ll find out soon where the club are with players, contracts, and investment. Nothings really changed from the last statement from the BODFSS and looks like if we don’t attract outside investment (or from those already investing) we go on a wing and prayer and hope we get promoted. Albeit with the high possibility that half the first team may have signed on elsewhere. 

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Albeit with the high possibility that half the first team may have signed on elsewhere. 

Players generally seem to wait until the summer before deciding who to sign for. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Gow and Williamson who've signed PCAs with other clubs in January. At least that we know of. For incoming players, I can think of Agyeman and Tidser. 

That's a pretty small number compared with the hundreds and hundreds of players who've left or arrived after the season ended. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Players generally seem to wait until the summer before deciding who to sign for. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Gow and Williamson who've signed PCAs with other clubs in January. At least that we know of. For incoming players, I can think of Agyeman and Tidser. 

That's a pretty small number compared with the hundreds and hundreds of players who've left or arrived after the season ended. 

Liam Craig is one if I remember right.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Liam Craig is one if I remember right.

That might be true, but given that it happened in 2007 it probably confirms that Morrison is more likely to decide his future in the summer rather than January. He's still young so has plenty of time to make big money from the game. And the possibility of leaving Falkirk with a league winners medal will likely increase his agents bargaining power with any possible future employer. Never mind being (again) a standout player in our league and (again) ending the season with a raft of awards. 

For those reasons I'd assume he'll still be with us until the end of the season. 

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Can't and should not stand in the way of Morrison.

Falkirk gave him a career lifeline after injury and he in the end delivered the goods so it worked out well for both parties.

Case of if the offer is enough let him go if not let him see out the season

Ken something, it’s actually been so long since another club has  wanted any of our contracted players I forgot it was even a possibility! 

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That might be true, but given that it happened in 2007 it probably confirms that Morrison is more likely to decide his future in the summer rather than January. He's still young so has plenty of time to make big money from the game. And the possibility of leaving Falkirk with a league winners medal will likely increase his agents bargaining power with any possible future employer. Never mind being (again) a standout player in our league and (again) ending the season with a raft of awards. 

For those reasons I'd assume he'll still be with us until the end of the season. 

I agree I think he'll still be here as I can't see anyone paying the fee we'd want when they can get him for nothing in a few months. I wouldn't rule out a PCA completely though mind you.

14 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Were Williamson, mckay, Nesbitt and Mccann not all PCAs? I'm sure 3 out of those 4 were

15 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Were Williamson, mckay, Nesbitt and Mccann not all PCAs? I'm sure 3 out of those 4 were

They were never announced as PCAs, though Williamson was heavily rumoured to have signed while the previous season was still ongoing. 

Rumours of McKay, Nesbitt & McCann surfaced on here from fans of their previous clubs a week or two before they were announced. However the season had long since ended by that point. 

Sad fact is Morrison will move on soon. Whether we can get a fee in January or he leaves under freedom-of-contract is the question.

He's been a cracking player for us and stood out in meh, mediocre and vastly improved teams which is a measure of the talent he is.

It would be a shame to lose him but like others before, he should go with our best wishes. 

On 19/11/2023 at 11:14, Shodwall cat said:

Uras was a very classy player and a level above but I suppose only played 12 games for the club whilst aafjes played over 40. I could never work out why Hughes didn't play the latter more as he was an excellent player as you say.

Not playing players was one of the most frustrating things about Hughes - Roman Wallner looked class in the two games he played for us ... he went on to play, and score, for the Austrian national team, the only time we saw Theobald play was on telly a at World Cup where he marked David Beckham out the fucking game

Even guys like Arnue Riera were confusingly left sitting on the bench occasionally when we were screaming out for them on the park

*had to stop myself going into a big rant there - do carry on*

4 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Not playing players was one of the most frustrating things about Hughes - Roman Wallner looked class in the two games he played for us ... he went on to play, and score, for the Austrian national team, the only time we saw Theobald play was on telly a at World Cup where he marked David Beckham out the fucking game

Even guys like Arnue Riera were confusingly left sitting on the bench occasionally when we were screaming out for them on the park

*had to stop myself going into a big rant there - do carry on*

Riera was an odd one - the guy was obviously a great player.  On the other hand, I seem to be in a very small minority that never rated Aafjes.  I thought he had skill but not a bit of footballing sense in his head.