The Falkirk FC Thread

Cheers to everyone that was able to come to the Fortress Brockville event at the Inchyra last night, just over 200 👏🏻

Lots of money raised for the academy & the stories were brilliant from the 4 legends 💙. Not to mention the questions & stories from the Bairns at the tables too 😂👏🏻

John & I can relax now & go back to the safety (& comfort) of YouTube & Spotify etc 😂

15700EBC-E7CD-4CDD-BBAB-0F97CCC673DB.thumb.jpeg.45b5274a389895f8aaa32ee3bf7ba788.jpeg

39F28B65-3EA5-4CCA-9692-4F2FCF02F6D8.jpeg.7d3dc89a7f15e6ce74f8d9bf8a5712dd.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Well that's Ross signed for the season which is great news, assume he can play today now too.

Brilliant news. Well done everyone at the club for getting that done early so it not to drag out and become an issue in January. And yes I think it would be safe to assume that Ross will start today. 

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Ross was brought in using that share sale clean up money wasn't he?  Doubt that extends further than January so the question is can we afford to keep him? Going by what Raith fans have said he's likely on about £1.5k a week.  

Assuming the increase in FSS numbers and a bit of Christmas goodwill means we can stretch to 1 signing in January it might be a choice of: 

1.  Extend Ross
2. Bring in someone who can play a different position (e.g a striker to challenge MacIvor)
3. Use the money to offer extensions to Morrison, Donaldson etc

Tough choice! In order, I'd go 3 - 2 - 1 and I say that as someone whose been quite impressed by Ross

I think you’ve also got to factor in money that could become available if we send some of our own players out on loan. Guys like Allan, lawal and McKay could all head out on loan imo. Could see someone like Allan going to Arbroath for example. 

42 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I think you’ve also got to factor in money that could become available if we send some of our own players out on loan. Guys like Allan, lawal and McKay could all head out on loan imo. Could see someone like Allan going to Arbroath for example. 

Clyde are desperate and have a bit of cash now I wouldn’t be surprised if Allan ended up back there on loan if we have a couple more attackers lined up. 

16 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Would be excellent if we could loan some out.  McKay and Allan definitely but Lawal getting minutes somewhere else could be the making of him too.  

I really really like lawal but it’s so clear Mcglynn just dosent rate him. He’s only contracted until the end of the season and I know it’s still early in the season but I just don’t see that getting extended, and you would also have to say he’s not done anything (so far) to warrant an extension. I feel a tad bad for him, obviously a player in there but he’s had less chances this season than he did last season and I just don’t see that changing. You have to wonder why Mcglynn gave him another year if he’s just not going to play him. The mckay one is a bit weird to me. Got injured presumably in training, been out for months but nobody, including the manager seems to know what the injury actually is. I do wonder if he’s given up on playing for us or if Mcglynn has told him privately he’s surplus to requirements. 

I like Lawal but I just don't think he is beating anyone else to a first team spot. Miller, Ross and even Nesbit are probably ahead of him in the pecking order. No doubt he has a huge amount of talent and skill with the ball and can be unpredictable which can cause havoc. But his first touch is often abysmal, balls run away from him all the time and he is so weak that any defender coming close to him is almost surely getting the ball with a gentle nudge. Maybe going out on loan and getting game time would help strengthen that up. If we had more money or were in the championship I would say he would be worth a gamble for extending his contract to see if development would make him a sellable asset in the future but don't think we have the flexibility for that at the moment. 

Not entirely convinced that players “need a rest” we’ve been playing one game a week and the players have had 7 days since the last game to recover. With another game on Tuesday the training will be light on Monday and most players prefer playing games to training. 

11 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Not entirely convinced that players “need a rest” we’ve been playing one game a week and the players have had 7 days since the last game to recover. With another game on Tuesday the training will be light on Monday and most players prefer playing games to training. 

It's much more the possibility of injury for me. This is a big week coming up

34 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Mcglynn going with the get it won as soon as possible team Maybe Nesbitt and Henderson as the anchor? Must say I would’ve played bisland and put Yeats to CM but oh well

I think today’s line up is the only way McGlynn could play both Nesbitt (his favourite) & Ross (just extended loan).

Edited by HonestAl