The Falkirk FC Thread

The Hamilton debacle plumbs new depths of pettiness - 

Tickets available via Fanbase to home fans 🙄 but I honestly expected as much. 

However, that aside it would seem that for anyone who wants to buy refreshments - which I'd highly consider avoiding out of my own pettiness - will need cash as no facility for digital payments as advertised on the Accies ticket page on Fanbase.

17 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Out tomorrow..

🎙️EP:63 XMAS TIME…FALKIRK BAIRNS ARE DOING FINE

🔵 Review the win over Kelty & THAT ref with @josh_heggie of Falkirk TV 🎤
⚪️ Preview Accies (A) with Ben from @OAccies podcast 🔴
🔵 A night out with Parliamo, Gowzers WORST nightmare & much, much more…

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_6474.thumb.jpeg.7d8c01ae0989dc4c65f657b7be91f36a.jpeg

OUT NOW at the usual links for YouTube, Spotify, Apple or wherever you get your podcasts 👍🏼

————————

🆕🎙️EP:63 XMAS TIME….FALKIRK BAIRNS ARE DOING FINE 🎶

🔵 Review the win over Kelty & THAT ref with @josh_heggie of Falkirk TV 🎤
⚪️ Preview Accies (A) with Ben from @OAccies podcast 🔴
🔵 A night out with Parliamo, Gowzers WORST nightmare & much, much more!

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_6474.thumb.jpeg.ec1e37a918a4c5b3421f64aa76d8d5f6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

The Hamilton debacle plumbs new depths of pettiness - 

Tickets available via Fanbase to home fans 🙄 but I honestly expected as much. 

However, that aside it would seem that for anyone who wants to buy refreshments - which I'd highly consider avoiding out of my own pettiness - will need cash as no facility for digital payments as advertised on the Accies ticket page on Fanbase.

This doesn't appear to be widely communicated officially - Accies own matchday guide makes no mention of it and I doubt ours will come Thursday.

Accies clearly don't want (or want to declare 🤫) the income from the match so let's give them the minimum for the inconvenience and keep their HMRC declaration easy.

40 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

This doesn't appear to be widely communicated officially - Accies own matchday guide makes no mention of it and I doubt ours will come Thursday.

Accies clearly don't want (or want to declare 🤫) the income from the match so let's give them the minimum for the inconvenience and keep their HMRC declaration easy.

We won't make any more or less money from the concession stands as they are outsourced but you keep up your rather weird obsession about it being a tax dodge if it makes you feel witty.

I can't remember if they take card payments or not as I don't really buy anything. Something tells me they do, though, as the wife has come back with a couple of steak pies before and she rarely carries cash.

Edited by Todd_is_God

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We don't make any money from the concession stands as they are outsourced but you keep up your rather weird obsession about it being a tax dodge if it makes you feel witty.

I can't remember if they take card payments or not as I don't really buy anything. Something tells me they do, though, as the wife has come back with a couple of steak pies before and she rarely carries cash.

I suppose I'll give them the benefit-of-doubt and just presume instead that Hamilton are determined to make it awkward as for fans to give them money to legitimately pay the taxman, based on this episode and info given to their home fans on Fanbase.

I'd advise your good lady to take "a little change" as it says.

Edited by Blame Me

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

977 now sold for Saturday after two days of sales, good going so far.

That's great going.

Hamilton have lost 3 tickets from me (approx £50) due to the stupidity of the way they've dealt with this.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

We won't make any more or less money from the concession stands as they are outsourced but you keep up your rather weird obsession about it being a tax dodge if it makes you feel witty.

Convince us if you can 🤔

49 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

That's great going.

Hamilton have lost 3 tickets from me (approx £50) due to the stupidity of the way they've dealt with this.

Someone else will buy them instead, though, so we've lost nothing.

Anyone know if the club shop will post out tickets? I’m in Lanzarote until Friday night so really frustrated by Hamiltons treatment here. The irony is I live a few miles from Hamilton so I’d need to rush up to Falkirk on Saturday morning to get a ticket IF there’s any available.

I can only presume this is about Hamilton trying to pass responsibly for our large supports coordination etc to Falkirk FC to absolve liability to Hamilton?

In any case it’s quite ridiculous…..

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

It's because we are massive eh?

Go on. Say it.

Say what, that you have a bigger support than us? You do. Why would I be bothered by that?

Our support is pish, not much I (or any of us that go to games) can do about it.

"Christmas Time, Lager and wine, Falkirk Bairns are doing fine, 5 past the Morton & 3 past Clydebank, We all agree Jim Leishman's a W**k.

The Record, The Sun say they're number 1 but we know better than that, Big Gordon's (Marshall) his name, the league is his aim and Leishman's a slavering twat."

Penned it on a boring afternoon at Falkirk College back in 1988 and started singing it with the Ellwyn boys back in the day in the old enclosure. The choir caught on and hey presto. Sir Cliff's never been in touch though!😉 COYB.