Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

Hernandez is a decent player but no where near the ability of Balotelli.

Well, I'm not so sure on that to be honest. They are different types of players obviously but I would argue that Hernandez has had more impact in his time with Utd in the time Mario was at City - although I will concede that the competition hasn't been as hard as it would be at City in terms of starting positions.

Who would you rather have?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not so sure on that to be honest.

It's a bullshit statement anyway. Ability is meaningless in football as a concept. It's all about results on the park.

No point having a guy like Balotelli that is potentially a good player, but sits in the stand because he doesn't produce it on the park.

He's been absolutely dreadful this season, and Man city are well rid. Will do much better in the weaker Italian league, but he's really got a lot to prove at club level.

A season where he gets 25 goals, not a paltry 17 would be a start.

Surprised at this.

In the other thread I did mention that I could see a loan move away to Milan, but based on the comments after the training ground "bust up" from Mancini along the lines of it being a nothing incident I thought it would be at the end of the season at the earliest. Someone else commented that Milan wouldn't have the money for a move for him - I know very little about Italian football or the financial state Milan are in, so did they sell someone recently to raise money for this move?

If he can't motivate himself to knuckle down for the club he supports then there's no hope for him. I reckon he'll do well for Milan, though.

I think he might finally start to do well back in Italy, in fairness City was a terrible move for him.

He won the Premier League, half the planet knows his name and he made several million pounds in wages. This was a rip-roaring success from Balotelli's perspective. His challenge now is simply to avoid going bankrupt or insane or dying of liver cancer at 45, the usual fates of talented nutters.

Surprised at this.

In the other thread I did mention that I could see a loan move away to Milan, but based on the comments after the training ground "bust up" from Mancini along the lines of it being a nothing incident I thought it would be at the end of the season at the earliest. Someone else commented that Milan wouldn't have the money for a move for him - I know very little about Italian football or the financial state Milan are in, so did they sell someone recently to raise money for this move?

If he can't motivate himself to knuckle down for the club he supports then there's no hope for him. I reckon he'll do well for Milan, though.

Sold Pato for £12ish million

As a non drinker it would be quite unusual for an incredibly fit guy kind Balotelli to get liver cancer. Hernandez is a good goal scorer but very limited - he will never be a regular starter for united. Balotelli will be top dog for AC Milan and a tremendous Italy side for the next few years.

No surprise that the elections take place next month! Berlusconi is famous for this, Just before every election Milan make a big signing that gets publicity, and everyone talking. If there was no election there is no way Milan would have gone for this move. Also doubt Allegri will be able to tame someone like Balotelli if Mourinho and Mancini both struggled. Shame because his potential is massive but he is just bat shit crazy!

"You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" is probably a fitting phrase for Manchester City to an extent, but certainly the English media. It could go two ways though, they may opt to produce further fabricated stories about him seeing as he isn't in the country. Either that or they will spit the dummy because he has left the "best league in the world", and decide he's not that good anyway, only for him to no doubt humiliate them at a later date much like Ibrahimovic.

Someone else commented that Milan wouldn't have the money for a move for him - I know very little about Italian football or the financial state Milan are in, so did they sell someone recently to raise money for this move?

It's a big gamble for them. They have downsized massively on the wage bill, to try and plug the enormous gap in their income and expenditure over the last 2 seasons. They were losing 60 million quid a year.

Of course, they have realised the age old problem. If you cut your expenditure, what if it impacts on your ability to earn the same income stream? i.e. making the Champions League.

Because their squad is poor now, they are Serie A also rans and the CL looks far from certain next season.

They have panicked and tried to spend to accumulate. Good luck with that I say, especially as Balotelli certainly isn't the type to rely upon.

I still remember a certain Stenhousemuir supporting poster thinking Adam Johnson was a better player than Balotelli.

One ends up at Sunderland and the other goes to AC Milan :lol:

I still remember a certain Stenhousemuir supporting poster thinking Adam Johnson was a better player than Balotelli.

One ends up at Sunderland and the other goes to AC Milan :lol:

That guy is clueless though. When was the last time he wasn't a complete laughing stock?

Archived