Pointless

Socca_G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just caught up with Fridays show on iPlayer. Noticed at the start of the programme where my pointless friend is introduced Alexander Armstrong says something along the lines of 'If obscurity was trapped in a mine, he would be the lassie sent to resuce it'. Pretty unfortunate timing given the news that day was dominated by the search for the Welsh miners :(

I'm surprised the Daily Mail hasn't been going to town on this in their usual over reaction way.

Owais Shah

Devon Malcolm

Robert Croft

First time I've ever got three pointless answers in the final round and it was for a CRICKET question :lol:

I had Simon Jones for that one. They didn't give all the pointless answers, and I'd imagine that Gavin Hamilton and both of the Hollioake brothers might have been pointless too. I was watching it with my mum, and we'd have pummelled all of the teams that were on.

So who knew who Patrick Clifton was?!

Great question, had no idea to be honest. I didn't know the majority of the others either apart from the more obvious ones like Peggy Mitchell, Seymour Skinner & Monica Gellar.

Didn't get any of the cricket ones, guessed Ravi Bopara & Monty Panesar but I believe they were both born in England anyway.

Great question, had no idea to be honest. I didn't know the majority of the others either apart from the more obvious ones like Peggy Mitchell, Seymour Skinner & Monica Gellar.

Didn't get any of the cricket ones, guessed Ravi Bopara & Monty Panesar but I believe they were both born in England anyway.

Such a racist :lol: :lol:

Not sure about this show to be honest.

On the rare occasions I finish work early, I used to like to watch Weekest Link, sky+ Eggheads and watch the Chase on Itv+1.

Now just watch the Chase, my Number 1 quiz show. Pointless just not all that good, I will watch if on and about but pretty disappointed and hope for the return of the weakest link.

My housemates call me Mr Angry when I watch quiz shows as I get so worked up with the contestants. I hate people who have a pop at the Chasers or Ann Robinson, they are just doing there job ffs. Some of the people are idiots, was foaming at the mouth when recently someone was asked 'which Borders town does the River Tweed run through' and they replied 'Inverness'

Edited by DJP

Such a racist :lol: :lol:

Just a guess, nothing more. I'm not anything like an expert on English cricketers, I knew Kevin Pietersen wasn't born in England but I figured it wouldn't be pointless. Thought Monty was born in England but wasn't sure, had no idea about Bopara.

Edited by LAGer

Just a guess, nothing more. I'm not anything like an expert on English cricketers, I knew Kevin Pietersen wasn't born in England but I figured it wouldn't be pointless. Thought Monty was born in England but wasn't sure, had no idea about Bopara.

Pietersen and Straus are the only two I know ph34r.gif Cricket's shite anyway dry.gif

Anyone see it today with the Scottish guy running through the board of Premier League managers thinking he was being all cocky before finally settling on 'Steve Bruce - Wigan' :lol:

Had to laugh at that today, at least they were already out when he done it or it would've been a lot funnier....

What was the question? I'm guessing "England players not born in England"? I'd go with Dougie Brown, Graeme Hick or Basil D'Oliveira.

It was "since 1980".

Exactly that. Dougie Brown was definitely a pointless answer. Can't remember if the other two were.

Hick wouldn't have been pointless. D'Oliveira was too old to be included.