A great feeling at Cappielow..

I'm a bit gutted about this to be honest.

Firstly, as one of too few teams beneath us in the table, it's important that Morton remain pish and I see this as less likely under Shiels. His Kilmarnock record was actually pretty good until his last handful of games.

I'm also a bit jealous to be honest. I wanted us to go for him in the summer and I wanted him to replace our current twit. I really like his emphasis on community and local identity. It's what clubs like ours need.

This strikes me as a good appointment. I'd wish him luck if I did.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Firstly, as one of too few teams beneath us in the table, it's important that Morton remain pish and I see this as less likely under Shiels. His Kilmarnock record was actually pretty good until his last handful of games.

I'm also a bit jealous to be honest. I wanted us to go for him in the summer and I wanted him to replace our current twit. I really like his emphasis on community and local identity. It's what clubs like ours need.

This. I fully expect Shiels to turn Morton around and they'll very quickly start climbing up the league. If we can keep them below us I'd be very happy.

One win in his last 8 home games at Killie....... continues that at Morton and I can see the buckets and spades being looked out.....

Best of luck to Kenny, hope he does a great job.

Also, on checking Morton's website, I uncovered this little gem.

10. Backroom Staff :: Alyson Hendry's profile
31e3d7264e4ce66f2b46c2850e014716.jpg
  • Name Alyson Hendry
  • Position Physiotherapist

Wid.

Club Chaplain ?

He's just a Northern Irish version of John Brown. No idea why Morton fans are happy with this.

You post some really bizarre stuff every now and then for a guy who is generally a decent poster.

In what way is he a "Northern Irish John Brown"?