A great feeling at Cappielow..

Not a chance.

I back you most weeks at home, like all other posters find things very odd and you thought the williams team was at it during that promotion season!!

Is D Rae perhaps following the dunfermline look on thungs, shit crowds in the premier,get relegated to lower league,win more games and crowds return in higher numbers....

I could be way off the mark but something no right

Morton's crowds are the third highest in the division and no lower than they were last season.

That would be impressive if the league didn't contain diddies like Alloa, Cowdenbeath, QOS, Livi etc.

The funny thing is though those diddies are miles above Morton.

Morton's crowds are the third highest in the division and no lower than they were last season.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Morton's average gate is 360 lower than last season, or 17%.

Still, half of your statement was right. Well done you.

We had two wins all season (39 game season) and one of those was rescinded in effect by a later 2 point deduction for fielding an ineligible player!

We made it to 10 points eventually (2 wins, 8 draws, 29 losses and 2 pts deducted). It was a record low total for the division.

Clydebank got 10 points in 99/00 (1 win 7 draws) but that was a 36 game season. We got the same points, albeit courtesy of a two point deduction, from three games more.

Was that the season where Killie won 6-0 on the last day at Palmerston? It's stuck because i'm sure Willie Watters scored 5 of them. Killie were still relegated IIRC.

I mind listening to it on the radio after a Forfar game.

Was that the season where Killie won 6-0 on the last day at Palmerston? It's stuck because i'm sure Willie Watters scored 5 of them. Killie were still relegated IIRC.

Don't encourage him jupe, you'll get half a page of mind-numbing stats. Soul destroying.

Yes, it was.

Morton fans - do any of you think you'll escape 10th place now, given 10 games to go?

Even if Cowdenbeath lose every single one of their ten remaining games, which they aren't going to, no. That would require us taking twelve points from ten games, presuming that their ten defeats hit their goal difference enough to make it worse than ours. So what, two wins, six draws, two defeats? Three wins, three draws, four defeats? Four wins?

I'll be amazed if we manage another twelve points this season, never mind making up a twelve point gap on a Cowdenbeath side who will still win a few.

Its the sense of timing that gets me . They are going to get relegated just as the second tier sides are about to get a bit of a cash injection. This could put Morton below even Cowdenbeath in terms of finance .

Will be offset by the huge rise in attendances next season if they win a few games.