Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The central issue in this case is whether the money received by Rangers' employees from the EBT were wages for footballing activities. The reality and real substance of the case is that payments from the EBT were in the form of loans The reality is that the players currently still owe the trust and the loans are required to be paid back. Therefore, what Rangers argued at the BTC and which they will tell Doncaster is that the withdrawals from the EBTs are not wages, not contractual, not taxable and not contrary to SPL rules.

Unfortunately Rangers made it plain that they would not expect anything back from the players, which makes them payments. This is the crux of HMRC's case.

Why? Everyone went to bed on Monday to sleep on the final offer. The final offer was rejected, and two players walked, with reports of three others offering to do similar. Haudit and Daudit haven't made a single tough decision - two staff and two players have walked.

I know we are repeating ourselves - but just what kind of administration is this? Three weeke in, at a business on the brink and needing to save a million pounds per month?

Has anyone checked to see if these two clowns actually are administration experts, or merely two stooges approved by Whyte with the brief to grind Rangers into the dirt and force liquidation?

Before any of this - I already felt sympathy for any groundsmen, cooks, cleaners or office staff etc, who might have been on around £15k - £25k a year, and could be out of work. How must they be feeling, watching this pantomime drag on with guys on around 20k per week... and who, in most cases, will get a gig at another club no problem.

It`s being said that Wylde hadn`t been getting a game recently as he would`ve been due a appearance related wage increase of £1000 if he`d played another 2 games. Source Alison Robbie on Twitter. She`s also saying that Papac has just gone home, nothing more.

Edited by Desert Nomad

Let's be honest though. Short of one of the players pulling 100 million quid out their pocket, this is all just a sideshow.

I always go to the cinema well before the film starts. I like to see the funny adverts and good trailers. It's sets me up for the main event.

Unfortunately, this has been the equivalent of an extended Go Compare advert and a 5 minute Sex In The City featurette.

Afternoon everyone. Just got in and I see there are a good few more pages now. Cannae reda em all. Have seen that Wylde and Celik have gone of their own accord.. Any other new stuff or are we still on same old same old??

I did see Ranjurs Meedyaa going into another day of mental meltdown but that's all ..

Cheers..

Ghostie ;)

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=213138

Boycotting Dundee Utd Away :lol:

Very good, I actually know a good few Rangers fans who`ve already got tickets for said game!

Edit: after reading that thread, they don`t even seem to know why the are boycotting, thick as mince right to the last.

Edited by Desert Nomad

I know we are repeating ourselves - but just what kind of administration is this? Three weeke in, at a business on the brink and needing to save a million pounds per month?

Does this mean that they'll now need to save more than £1 million a month to catch up after doing nothing for the best part of a whole one, hence make more cuts as a result? :huh:

Edited by Hedgecutter

That site is just pure comedy gold.

i would love an arranged beamback put in place and would love to give rangers the money at ibrox instead

Yeah, just dip into the clubs cash reserves to pay for that one!

Then we have our typical Rangers fan

I'm with you Dunny, but I seldom get to home games, never mind aways, so it makes no difference to my plans.

and the resident idiot

I wasn't going anyway, but now I'm joining the boycott.