Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I like this Channel 4 guy-

Asked

"What is your motivation here Alex, why has channel 4 who have no football links decided to target Rangers?"

He responded with

"News. I had no tsunami links till Japan"

laugh.gif

Do you know what I love about that answer? A scottish hack would have come back with some spluttering response trying to convince everyone that they're not a Celtic man. Alex thomson just slapped it down like the parochial shite it is - brilliant stuff.

The fact that a top journo is on this is great news.

http://blogs.channel...angers-fans/942

Rangers fans in "playing victim card" shock.

Most hilarious line for me:

"The SFA and SPL appear to be the only two bodies in world football that do not wish to assist a member club in times of trouble…why is this?" Aye, nice try. You forgot to say:

"Who will help the widow's son?"

Edited by Macshimmy

Im talking in a general sense, not right this instant. Rangers and Celtic should be very profitable for the size of the clubs, anyone taking over a debt free Rangers or Celtic should expect to do very well from either club.

Celtic are profitable despite not doing anything in Europe in recent years anyway.

Celtic finance the following years purchases through any Europe profits. That wont be available to Rangers.

Even assuming that they stay in SPL, they will be downsized and wont get into Europe. Crowds/revenues will fall. Rapidly.

This assumes no Eufa sanctions, of which I can see there being.

Celtic finance the following years purchases through any Europe profits. That wont be available to Rangers.

Even assuming that they stay in SPL, they will be downsized and wont get into Europe. Crowds/revenues will fall. Rapidly.

This assumes no Eufa sanctions, of which I can see there being.

We were basing it on the guys offer that Rangers debts are wiped out, if this was done via CVA then there would be no sanctions or downsizing.

Obviously its a spurious scenario as it seems highly unlikely that these things would come to pass to make Dempsey's bid something that will happen, but if the debt was wiped and Rangers were let off scot free then they would be able to be profitable, why else is there 6 or 7 bids offering for them? Maybe one or two are for non footballing reasons, the rest smell money.

We were basing it on the guys offer that Rangers debts are wiped out, if this was done via CVA then there would be no sanctions or downsizing.

Obviously its a spurious scenario as it seems highly unlikely that these things would come to pass to make Dempsey's bid something that will happen, but if the debt was wiped and Rangers were let off scot free then they would be able to be profitable, why else is there 6 or 7 bids offering for them? Maybe one or two are for non footballing reasons, the rest smell money.

? CVA wouldn't impact double contracts, auditable a/c's, game into disrepute etc etc etc and etc.

No Europe = no profit.

As you say, they smell money, but this will be only through asset stripping :D

That's assuming that they receive some actual bids :P

The telephone call;

'Hello is the Haudit & Daudit, Adminstrators of Repute and Competence'

'Yes, who is this'

' This is Brian Kennedy, am no really interested but if nobody else calls by 16:59 give me a bell and I will make up some figures and sent them in'

'Mr Kennedy, that is the best offer we have had, and in fact expect to get, speak to you later'

No. If they had no debt they wouldnt have such high overheads, they could cut cloth quite easily and be profitable even if they just accepted that they wouldnt be able to match Celtic's spending power.

Thing is, they'll never accept that. They deserve better, remember?:rolleyes:

KTID

@alextomo: HMRC says tax and national insurance liabilities covered by EBT cases in UK are around £1.7bn

This would suggest that HMRC have a lot riding on the Rangers case, prove this case could open the door on a lot,

don't deal and open the door on a lot.

Howver if they deal on it they not going to get a lot of that money - Don't think HMRC will set a precedent of dealing.

? CVA wouldn't impact double contracts, auditable a/c's, game into disrepute etc etc etc and etc.

No Europe = no profit.

As you say, they smell money, but this will be only through asset stripping :D

This is the kind of conditions that is on Dempsey's bid though, I cant see anyone going down the asset stripping route after seeing what happened to Whyte.

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you that in the present state and if there are sanctions or penalties that they wont be profitable in the short term but if anyone picks up the club debt free for a small amount then theres no doubt they can be run properly and profitably.

This is the kind of conditions that is on Dempsey's bid though, I cant see anyone going down the asset stripping route after seeing what happened to Whyte.

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you that in the present state and if there are sanctions or penalties that they wont be profitable in the short term but if anyone picks up the club debt free for a small amount then theres no doubt they can be run properly and profitably.

Oh far from disagreeing :D, but the one word missing is ''successfully''.

Nearly 'any' club 'could' be profitable.............at a cost.

@alextomo: HMRC says tax and national insurance liabilities covered by EBT cases in UK are around £1.7bn

Heard Liverpool had most to be worried by.............

Is it today that bids have to be made by?

Aye. I'm currently CTRL + Tabbing between my work and my Word Document that currently says:

"Half a pack of Hubba Bubba (Cherry) and one carfully used condom"

I hope to have it in Duff and Phelps inbox by close of play.

Aye. I'm currently CTRL + Tabbing between my work and my Word Document that currently says:

if its not blocked....

SSN in case you are allowed...

poor girl........pumped in the back of a ford capri by 4 Rangers fans ! puke.gif

Agreed. It's one thing for Chico and Traynor to suck up to the orcs, but Slicker and Thomson don't rely on the Ugly Sisters for their livelihood, and don't really care if they get invited for a meal of succulent lamb or not. Welcome to life outside the Glasgow goldfish bowl, ya cheating, lying, conniving, corrupt criminals. And don't think UEFA will be sympathetic, either....:D

The only thing that depresses me is what the whole stinking mess says about the nation that's allowed this disgrace to carry on for so long. :(

KTID

We complaining about the Scottish media having been in the pocket of Rangers in particular, not to mention giving the SFA a very soft ride excepting the odd 'outrage' article about a player being registered for Celtic or Rangers.

However driving home lat night I turned to Real Radio football phone in. The 2 fat guys and some boy I'd never heard of. You would think they would have genned up on the Rangers position, even just a read of Pie & Bovril would have helped.

"Hello caller"

"See what's going on wi Rangers....ah....em ..Craig Whyte owns it doesn't he? If somebody buys it does he get the money?"

"Good call. Yes well, Whyte is the major shareholder, yes and but aye well maybe.... if it is bought he will need ......". Trying to sound knowledgeable without saying anything.

I couldn't believe the total and absolute stupidity and complete ignorance from these 3 experts.

Knowing they were out of their limited comfort zone, they then went into " it is all very complicated you know......it will all come out in the wash......" and then the full range of cliches were trotted out.

After a few minutes of this nonsense obviously a producer had in word in Roughie (or was it DJ's) ear. He then came out with some mumble about the administrators being in charge.

"Next caller please"

I just couldn't believe they couldn't even discuss the real issues at even the most basic level. I would guess you could go to any old folks care home in Scotland and you would get more sense.

They could however say that Scottish football needs Celtic AND Rangers in the SPL. And Fraser Wishart has done a great job.

Please please do not accept anything these clowns say.