Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

At today's case management hearing, Phillips was trying to persuade Arnold J to agree to an expedited hearing as soon as July because the club is struggling to stay afloat. "Money is tight, time is short," he argued. The hearing had already been put back so that today's claims could be lodged with the High Court (17 April 2012).

[...]

The full hearing has been set for October this year.

Oh well. :lol:

Edited by vikingTON

Apologies if this has been posted before, but here's what happened in court in London today in the case against Collyer Bristow. Amongst other things, some creative writing is alleged.

According to Phillips, the case against the former Rangers company secretary is that he wrote letters to other firms confirming that Collyer Bristow had received the takeover money and was holding it in its private client account, when in fact the group “never paid these sums to Collyer Bristow” and the firm “was not, and never had been, holding them”.

Withey is also accused of forging Whyte’s signature on one of the letters claiming to have the funds stashed away.

Phillips added: “Mr Whyte and Mr Withey conspired together with intent to injure the club by unlawful means. The principal purpose or objective of the conspiracy was the acquisition by group of the majority stake.

“Mr Whyte and Mr Withey knew that the share issue and the takeover were mutually exclusive alternatives […] and the success of the conspiracy would therefore cause financial detriment to the club in the sum of £25m. […] The club will therefore incite the court to conclude that they intended to cause loss to the club or were recklessly indifferent.”

Wow. If this is true then jail surely beckons for Whyte and Withey. No wonder he doesn't give a f**k about the SFA when he's got this hanging over his head.

If HMRC had appointed the administrators, as they wished to, would Rangers be dead by now?

My guess: no, but with lots of players having been laid off, cuts made across the board, and the club looking only to fulfil its remaining fixtures before liquidation. The search would have been on, at this time, to form a phoenix club/NewCo to find a place in a division for 2012/13.

You have to wonder what happens if Haudit and Daudit are forced into liquidation as late as June due to all these messy legal arguments, Water Mitty bidder and appeals to the SFA.

Edited by vikingTON

Anyone see the roaster on Reporting Scotland claiming that there was an agenda against Rangers? :lol: So the SFA hate both Celtic and Rangers according to the respective fans! Why don't they show it more?

I normally listen to the Sportsound Podcast knowing full well that it's going to be teeth grittingly unbearable but I think tonights one, going by some of the comments on here, will be getting a swerve.

Billy Dodds has been pretty unbearable during the whole thing, and I think it was Sunday night he was at his worst. He was saying "see, I've no idea why we're not supposed to say which team we support - I mean, Craig (Paterson) supports Hibs, you Richard (Gordon), you support Aberdeen. I've no problem with that."

Of course he stopped short of saying that he himself is a dirty rabid Rangers b*****d. Someone should be pulling him aside and saying ", although they give off a different impression, you work for the BBC who decide that YOU should be impartial. THAT'S why.".

I absolutely detest the wee cretin.

Anyone see the roaster on Reporting Scotland claiming that there was an agenda against Rangers? :lol: So the SFA hate both Celtic and Rangers according to the respective fans! Why don't they show it more?

Was it daryl king?....must have heard him on 3 different stations in the last 2 days telling everyone rangers must survive and that the SFA hate them :lol: Poor daryl ,

Ps. When is. hatleys and Gorams next. Masterpiece out ,we could almost write it before its out,,,key words include..

Agenda

Hypocrysisy

Kicking when down

Nothing to help rangers

Everyone wants rangers to come out of this stronger

Poor ally

Mockery

Edited by THE KING

You have to wonder what happens if Haudit and Daudit are forced into liquidation as late as June due to all these messy legal arguments, Water Mitty bidder and appeals to the SFA.

This.

And they can't sell season tickets until they know where they are playing next season (if anywhere), so all inquiries will have to be complete with results published

He's no as bad a guy as his father in law!

I normally listen to the Sportsound Podcast knowing full well that it's going to be teeth grittingly unbearable but I think tonights one, going by some of the comments on here, will be getting a swerve.

Billy Dodds has been pretty unbearable during the whole thing, and I think it was Sunday night he was at his worst. He was saying "see, I've no idea why we're not supposed to say which team we support - I mean, Craig (Paterson) supports Hibs, you Richard (Gordon), you support Aberdeen. I've no problem with that."

Of course he stopped short of saying that he himself is a dirty rabid Rangers b*****d. Someone should be pulling him aside and saying ", although they give off a different impression, you work for the BBC who decide that YOU should be impartial. THAT'S why.".

I absolutely detest the wee cretin.

think my most favourite thing about reading RM is the second post advert which normally says 'i completely agree look below' and shows some completely irrelevant advertising to some complete wallopers first post. Some have fitted in to much amusement :)