Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Fucking hell, this just doesn't stop being a thorough shambles, does it? I hope whatever is going to happen hurries up & happens soon. Hopefully with the season done in just over a week we can finally stop seeing Haudit & Daudit milking it for all Rangers are worth & the saga come to an end. I want to know if I'm going to be watching County's first ever season in the SPL or not.

I take it the Yankee Doodle Not So Dandy (as LEGGO calls him) is planning to move the assets, such as the stadium and the training ground, to "I can't believe it's not a Newco". Will this not require the approval of the current majority shareholder of The Rangers? And why on earth would Craig "Stand Up Guy" Whyte do that for nothing? Surely he'll be demanding cash - or just refuse it out of spite if he isn't getting any?

Also, let's assume the SFA don't bend over and let the penalties imposed stand. Did they not say these would also be imposed on a Newco? So how is Windy Miller going to transfer the registrations of players from The Rangers to I can't believe it's not a Newco? Because surely that will mean new registrations?

Maybe the players will end up with two contracts. Again.

The SPL better think about this very VERY carefully.

If they want their credibility to go down the swanney - they are absolutely going the right way about it, and I hope the people that have said they will be done with Scottish Football (or at least the clubs that allow themselves to be anally penetrated by the bluenoses) actually follow through with the threat should Rangers get off with their cheating.

Edited by Mushroom

Chris McLaughlin on the beeb basically saying that D&P are lying through their teeth. Neither the SPL or HMRC have agreed to anything apparantly. If true how can D&P get away with saying it?

If Paul Murray is correct, D&P might well be standing tall before the man if they've advised TBK to go down the newco route.

I do love administrators (friend of the creditor) advising prospective buyers on how to f**k said creditors over.

Well HibeeJibee, there is this wonderful invention found in many homes and in widescreens in the best (and not so good) pubs. They have games on them all the time, and often far better than the piss-poor punt and hoof version served up in grounds in Scotland. They also don't cost £20 plus to get in and watch every time, and are found in places that are warm and cosy and don't have alcohol bands and half-cooked pies.

This for me is the bigger and wider issue. We've all known and accepted that our game is in a poor way on the park. We, the fans of non OF teams have reluctantly accepted our place over the years, that it was a fair fight, that Rangers were operating under the same rules as everyone else and their advantage had been gained through benefactors who were prepared to pay for that success. And while we believed that to be the case, we watched price hikes at the turnstiles while trying to remain as competitive as possible, knowing that 3rd place was 1st best of the rest. That we could stomach.

But from all the information; football, financial, moral and social implications of this whole sorry saga there is one issue that we all have to reconcile personally. In good conscience, to know that it has been a charade, a scam and illegal for a great many years and then be asked cap in hand to KEEP paying the money, to line the pockets of those in power, to accept that it how it is always going to be, I cannot be part of it. If your conscience says otherwise, then you are as blindly loyal to your team for continuing to fund this as anyone else. In my mind, you the fan who chooses to keep accepting this situation become complicit.

EDIT: This isn't personal against anyone, 'for clarity', it's a generalisation of fans who know they'll keep going or watching if Rangers are an SPL club

I won't even watch it at all. Period. Gardening beckons......

Edited by chrismcarab

If Paul Murray is correct, D&P might well be standing tall before the man if they've advised TBK to go down the newco route.

I do love administrators (friend of the creditor) advising prospective buyers on how to f**k said creditors over.

So Paul Murray, possibly because of his nose being put of joint, or possibly because it's the truth - might dish the dirt on the dynamic administration duo? I'll believe it when I see it. File under Whytey boy taking the BBC to court, Johnston taking everyone to court, and St Mirren director (ex-director after tonight's 30 second EGM) Ken McGeoch taking both our chairman and the BBC to court. Oh, and when I see the result of the 25 million quid Collyer Bristow court case, and when hell freezes over, that kind of thing.

FFS - Is there anyone not taking someone to court?

Stephen Craigan the latest arse-licker to come out and support Rangers.

He said Rangers and Celtic deserve to be special cases because they bring more to the league than the rest of the teams.

Snivelling prick <_<

I think the powers that will do the right thing. They know they'll be pissing off a lot more people than the troglodyte rangers fans. They've also not said a Dickie bird even though they've had 8hrs? To respond tothe claims of the appeared deal. Or maybe Doncaster is curled up in a ball saying 'find a happy place'.

Snivelling p***k <_<

Spot on. What Craigan said is the exact same as saying if Tiger Woods fails to make the cut in a tournament, instead of going out, he should be immediately re-instated for play on Saturday and Sunday of the tournament. He's special, the TV want him, the sponsors want him, he attracts more paying punters than the other 'diddy' players.... even after shagging the arse off Las Vegas cocktail waitresses and lying like fcuk about it.

Craigan. Shut the f up.

Edited by pozbaird

Would be about 45mins in

Will no doubt be on c4news website later will post a link when up.

Cheers. Watching The End of the World? A Horizon Special on BBC4 to see if Rangers get a mention.. laugh.gif