Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hang on......

So if Kennedy's bloke has had the books what did Bill Miller's man look at......have they 2 sets of books? (Ok more than likely) or did they just sit and share?

As someone stated already how does he even have access, he is not preferred bidder yet.

Duff & Phelps have already said the Blue Knights bid is so low that liquidation would be a better option for the creditors.

If they back down now they will undoubtedly come under scrutiny by the Scottish sports media. :rolleyes:

Dear Chairman.

Just a note to say I regularly attend Caledonian stadium, along with several other members of my family.

I am unimpressed with Terry's comments to the press regarding Rangers situation.

In light of the seriousness of the allegations made against the club regarding their conduct,

any investigations against them should be allowed to run their course without prejudicial comment.

I and other fans I have spoken to would certainly consider increasing our financial support for the club

in the event that a decision was made on the grounds of sporting integrity which left ICT disadvantaged.

In any event, I am not convinced that the absence of Rangers would mean a disaster for the SPL.

There would be benefits in terms of increased competition, and the chance for league restructuring.

Terry would only be expected to compete with the other SPL clubs, who as he says would all face

the same financial challenges.

If the club chooses to place the status quo above the good of the game, then I would have to reconsider my support

and I know others feel the same way. Please stop talking our game down, and think positive!

The striking deals with major companies is a misnomer too.

Rangers are NOT a major company - they aren't even close - and the notion that HRMC will strike a deal with them cause they did so with Vodaphone is patently nonsense. Vodaphone who will make more in a week than Rangers make in a year.

They also suffer from, whilst not being anything more than an SME, they have huge publicity surrounding the case and there is zero chance politicians around the UK are getting stick for bailing out Rangers.

When are we going to hear from any of the creditors to find out how much they are willing to accept in a CVA?

As a taxpayer I'm a creditor and I want my full whack.

@alextomo: UEFA confirm again they will treat CVAs like NEWCOs ie 3 year bann

@alextomo@Questopn is when exactly? Will heat ltr. Meanwhile expect Ticketus to go after Craig Whyte for £27 m today

If I were Haudit & Daudit I would be concerned my bar bill would not be covered by my fees, would have gone alky by now - it is a never ending river of negative news for them

and to add

@alextomo: Just asked HMRC if there's any news on Big Tax case : "not a dicky bird" came the reply

Anybody want a club with a future unquantifable debt due sometime soonish...... Thought not :lol:

Edited by MEADOWXI

How can any offer even be made when the BTC hasn't been resolved yet.

Say they offer 10 mill to fund a CVA now and the debt is 50 mill. Creditors get 20p in the pound.

If the debt rises to 100 mill ie the BTC is added, they will only get 10p.

What kind of coverage is this getting outwith Scotland now?

Well the Fanzine When Saturday Comes has an article where the most popular view seems to be that Scottish Football risks been seen as a bigger joke than it already is (grr b*st*rds but hey if the cap fits i guess ) if it allows rangers to carry on in the SPL

please don't mention Schrödinger ....apart from giving me nightmares about bloody complex equations to learn at University you'll have Chick Young wasting his day searching the interweb thinking it's Rangers first round Euro opponents or a prospective signing after they get the ban overturned.

From what I understand any offer would have to be made on the basis of the full amount of the BTC being due

If that were the case, then that would make HMRC by far the largest creditor and give them the power to block the CVA. Is this why D&P have been so keen to get a bidder to go down the newco route?

Say they offer 10 mill to fund a CVA now and the debt is 50 mill. Creditors get 20p in the pound.

Yeah, but the point is how can the creditors vote on that, without knowing what the final settlement would be?

No the offer would be made on the basis of the debt being 100 million (ie 10p in the pound in your example)

Well the Fanzine When Saturday Comes has an article where the most popular view seems to be that Scottish Football risks been seen as a bigger joke than it already is (grr b*st*rds but hey if the cap fits i guess ) if it allows rangers to carry on in the SPL

please don't mention Schrödinger ....apart from giving me nightmares about bloody complex equations to learn at University you'll have Chick Young wasting his day searching the interweb thinking it's Rangers first round Euro opponents or a prospective signing after they get the ban overturned.

Link to the Australian TV football website - not a mention of the Rangers affair on the front page and hard to find in general.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/

I'd find the German cup final or the EPL far more interesting than this Rangers shite saga.

From what I understand any offer would have to be made on the basis of the full amount of the BTC being due

According to Haudit & Daudit, the total debt could be £134m

The Barren Knights have offered £8.5m

Haudit & Daudit take their cut first - around £2m (?)

That leaves about 5p in the £ for creditors.

Will HMRC cut a deal for 5p in the £?