Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes, I believe it does. Im not sure how the two fit together, or even if they do!

I think the regulatory bodies will only be satisfied if the clubs accept there is no outstanding debt regardless of who pays the debts off. Only way I can see that happening if the money comes from the 'fighting fund'. Speaking as an Arab I would find it really funny if the bears had to pay United, one of the clubs they really dislike for all sort of spurious reasons, from their own pockets.

Anyone else wonder if this delay might play in to Rangers hands - if it gets so close to the start of the season that the chairmen vote Newco in as the alternative (promoting Dundee, admitting a new team to Div 3) doesn't have enough time to be sorted.:angry:

Is there actually any posters on here who dont regularly attend their teams games in the SPL 'who would be tempted back if there was an SPL without Rangers next season.

Yeah kind of, I am thinking of buying my first Hearts season ticket if Rangerd go down the plug hole since the club will need the money and the backing of the fans. I am not buying one till I know what happens.

I do go to quite a few of the games already so it might not make much of a difference though.

Here is a small piece of evidence opposing that myth.

Dunfermline 0 Rangers 4 SPL 23/09/11 ATT:7577

Dunfermline 0 Celtic 3 SPL 02/01/11 ATT:10140

Dunfermline 3 Falkirk 0 1st Division 08/05/11 ATT: 7826

Obviously there a few factors come into play such as Dunfermline were playing for the 1st Division title and they have a big rivalry with Falkirk however if Falkirk were to replace Rangers then they have a decent away support as do Dundee who would probably take more to Dundee United than Rangers. Anyway in a more competitive league fans would bring in more home support and I'll bet the excitement surrounding the league if Rangers were expelled would cause an increase in season ticket sales.

Ultimately though Rangers away support for next season as an argument for staying in the SPL is surely a moot point as I thought they were intending to boycott a lot of grounds!

Hey, hang on a minute there. If Falkirk replace Rangers, I'm boycotting football for ever!

What are the tax rules on this fighting fund malarkey? Will the benefiters of the RFFF have to pay tax on this source of income?

So provided the CVA is submitted on Wednesday at the latest, the end of the "cooling off period" would be Monday 9th July, then does anyone know exactly what happens?

Afterall, the fixture list will already have been released by then, and it would be less than 4 weeks until kick-off (before taking account of whatever happens next). If the CVA can't be reached, surely it's too late for any Newco scenario by then?

If they delay the CVA submission a couple more days, the cooling off period could even finish on 12th July...

Bee Gees thread for this pish. :P

Either that or the Megrahi thread.

Going off thread for a moment; but isn't it odd that Robin Gibb and Abdelbaset al-Megrahi's deaths are announced on the very same day. Know what I mean?

You never ever saw them in the same room together.

The truth is out there.

So provided the CVA is submitted on Wednesday at the latest, the end of the "cooling off period" would be Monday 9th July, then does anyone know exactly what happens?

Afterall, the fixture list will already have been released by then, and it would be less than 4 weeks until kick-off (before taking account of whatever happens next). If the CVA can't be reached, surely it's too late for any Newco scenario by then?

Maybe they'll get liquidated on July 12th?

I think the regulatory bodies will only be satisfied if the clubs accept there is no outstanding debt regardless of who pays the debts off. Only way I can see that happening if the money comes from the 'fighting fund'. Speaking as an Arab I would find it really funny if the bears had to pay United, one of the clubs they really dislike for all sort of spurious reasons, from their own pockets.

Thats what I thought. Does that mean the club can pay off the football debts over a period of time outwith the CVA? Or does that go against the 'treating creditors equally'?

Im sure Dundee had football debts last time round. Anyone know what happened to them?

Anyone else wonder if this delay might play in to Rangers hands - if it gets so close to the start of the season that the chairmen vote Newco in as the alternative (promoting Dundee, admitting a new team to Div 3) doesn't have enough time to be sorted.:angry:

Possibly. I cant help thinking that Rangers are going to come out of the current CVA situation, relatively unscathed. However, if they are found guilty in the BTC and, therefore, dual contracts then I cant see how the SPL/SFA would have any option but to absolutely hammer them - possibly even expel them altogether.

That would be scandalous behaviour. Allowing a criminal to go free because the jury had no time to reach a verdict?

Aye, right. Keep on touting Dundee for the SPL, though.

I think the opposite. The longer this goes on, the more apparent it is that a nuclear bomb is about to be dropped on Rangers. But they're all scared to press the button. Well, it's gonna happen, can't wait for the fallout!

Maybe they'll get liquidated on July 12th?

If that happens I will quite happily change my belief system, there could be absolutely no argument against the existence of Karma in that case.

Thats what I thought. Does that mean the club can pay off the football debts over a period of time outwith the CVA? Or does that go against the 'treating creditors equally'?

Im sure Dundee had football debts last time round. Anyone know what happened to them?

Possibly. I cant help thinking that Rangers are going to come out of the current CVA situation, relatively unscathed. However, if they are found guilty in the BTC and, therefore, dual contracts then I cant see how the SPL/SFA would have any option but to absolutely hammer them - possibly even expel them altogether.

We're still paying off the football debts. Another year to go apparently, still owing over £100k, and paying out £10k a month or so.

On the other hand, no debt, taxes all paid up, no bank overdraft (cos no one will give us one!)

Time for the Gers to get theirs, like we did. At least we weren't corrupt (I don't think), just naive.

We're still paying off the football debts. Another year to go apparently, still owing over £100k, and paying out £10k a month or so.

On the other hand, no debt, taxes all paid up, no bank overdraft (cos no one will give us one!)

Time for the Gers to get theirs, like we did. At least we weren't corrupt (I don't think), just naive.

I thought that was the case. Do you know if the football creditors were included in the CVA?

I think if it happens late enough and close enough to the start of next season that the SPL will just start with 11 teams.

As it stands its not only Dundee with interest in this. If Rangers go tits up Airdrie go up and so does Stranraer, then you have a new team in the 3rd to find.

That would be scandalous behaviour. Allowing a criminal to go free because the jury had no time to reach a verdict?

I agree it would be scandalous but it just might give the spineless chairmen an excuse to trot out in place of "we need them for the cash they bring".

Keep on touting Dundee for the SPL, though.

Replacing financial cheats with financial cheats would have a certain irony to it.

There is no doubt in my mind that Calum Melville was as corrupt as Whyte, Murray, or any of the other familiar faces.

Yeah but isn't that exactly what happened in the case of Livi. Livi couldn't guarantee they could fulfill all of their fixtures in Div1 for the coming season, nor were they able/willing to provide a financial security against doing so. As a result they were chucked down into Div3 on the basis that the financial consequencies of them going out of business mid-season were much smaller in Div3.

Now you could argue the same should be applied to Rangers, but of course as we all know Rangers are a "special case". It's looking increasingly likely that Rangers could stumble along for longer than anyone thought initially possible before finally succumbing (a bit like our Libyan friend) . The closer they get to the start of the new season without the authorities saying enough is enough and making a decision, the worse the problems become. If they let them start the new season, and in the SPL, then the mess if they do then fold will just be farcical!

Ravelin

Edited by Ravelin

I think if it happens late enough and close enough to the start of next season that the SPL will just start with 11 teams.

As it stands its not only Dundee with interest in this. If Rangers go tits up Airdrie go up and so does Stranraer, then you have a new team in the 3rd to find.

This is the part that has some spooky resonence. Airdrie United have quite a history of either avoiding relegation from the 1st or being promoted from the 2nd after having their hopes dashed at the last hurdle thanks to another club's financial calamities in the close season - the club that came from the ashes of a club that collapsed after failing to be promoted to the SPL on the last day.

Is the Curse of Airdrie about to strike again? If so, it couldn't be to a more ironic victim if it tried.

:unsure:

I agree it would be scandalous but it just might give the spineless chairmen an excuse to trot out in place of "we need them for the cash they bring".

Replacing financial cheats with financial cheats would have a certain irony to it.

Just what I've been thinking. GIRUY SFL!