Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So let me see if I have this tosspots theory correct:

1. Rangers got seducted 10 points by the SPL

2. They got a 12 month transfer embargo and a pointless £160,000 fine from the SFA.

err, thats it.

Whoopdedo, thats fine then when they have screwed over the rest of Scottis football (and I even include your Vermin in that Mr Johnston). Bollocks.

In effect they have had a 10 point deduction from the SPL. The SFA sanctions are BUGGER ALL to do with the SPL. Remember Mr J. they are different entities and have been screwed over royally (see what I did there).

You and your Vermin loving club should be exterminated too. Oh wait is Mr Reaper waiting in the wings for you too?

The sooner Rangers dies the better, and if I can be so bold as to hope the decent Kilmarnock fans (there is in deed such a thing) get a life and get rid of you.

FYI the Vermin refers to the two squirrels on the Killie badge.

10 point penalty = no change in final league position. I'm pretty sure there is a rule in England that if the points penalty has no effect on your season then it transfers to the following season. This is to stop teams already relegated from going into admin and effectively avoiding punishment.

£160,000 fine to a club with circa £140million debt and not a pot to piss in is hardly a punishment.

A 12 month transfer embargo to a club with £140million debt and not a pot to piss in is actually a good thing for them.

The embargo should state (and a new rule going forward for all clubs) that until all football debts both foreign and domestic are paid in full at the dates they are due then no new players over 17 can be registered. This embargo should be transferred wherever the SFA licence is transferred.

The fact that Rangers fans feel like they have been treated unfairly is astounding! They have actually not really been punished at all.

From what I understand Stuart Milne has personally guaranteed Aberdeens debt with the bank. Milne would have to go bankrupt before there was an Aberdeen newco.

But the point of this RFC based discussions on newco's is not IF you go into admin, then liquidate, then appear as a newco. It's about CHOOSING to do this as a way of gaining an advantage. RFC didn't lose money because they had a tough trading period, they are in admin because they chose to spend money they should have paid in taxes to pay their players and run the club. If they get right back in we should all do it. (Cue Orcfans "presumed innocent until..." posts.)

Explain the number of Irish national flags at Parkhead then.

Don't think i have to justify why some people might choose to fly the Irish flag, it's a personal choice. Don't know why some people seem to get so upset at seeing an Ireland flag at Parkhead, it's just a flag.

Obviously we have historical links to the country, and we do have a fans who come over from Ireland to the games, but the same can be said about teams like Man United,Liverpool, Everton. you'll see plenty of Irish flags at these games and nobody batters an eyelid at it.

It kinda helps the colours on the Irish tricolour are the same as the clubs, you'll also see saltires when we play away in europe. but ususlly these are green and white also, bit like you'll sometimes see a maroon union flag at some Hearts games

Despite all this "plastic paddy" branded at our fans, i can honestly say i've yet to meet a scotsman who considers himself Irish first. I'm not saying they don't exist. but i've never crossed paths with these individuals

Sent to the club this morning:

Dear Mr Johnston,

I have been a Killie fan for all my life. I first attended RP in season 1970-71, and have attended as many games as I can in the ensuing four decades. This has varied from not missing a game for three and a bit seasons in the early '80s to managing half a dozen or so matches a season now (work, family, cost and distance considerations). I've seen us losing to East Stirling and Brechin, I've seen us win national trophies, I've seen us score 8 at Meadowbank and lose 8 at home to Rangers. I've seen us play in Europe, the Anglo-Scottish Cup and the Ayrshire cup. I've watched Killie play in every available level of Scottish senior football, as a full-time club and as a part-time club. At NO time did I believe the club wanted anything other than success for Kilmarnock Football Club.

I have, in common with the vast majority of Scottish football fans, been following the developing crisis at Rangers with interest. I will confess, also in common with others, a hint of schadenfreude at the situation. The prevailing opinion amongst those I talk to, and all over the Scottish football websites which I read, is that Rangers deserve to be punished, and punished fairly, for any and all wrongdoing over the last few years.

Recently, you were quoted on the BBC as having said that financial considerations MAY take precedence over sporting integrity when decisions on Rangers' future are voted upon. I have not seen any retraction or denial of this statement from you, so I think I can assume that you did say this. Now, I see another quote from yourself:

"I am a solicitor by profession and in terms of the distinction between a CVA and a newco, it can become quite complicated but at the end of the day, from a creditors' point of view, there is maybe no difference," he said.

"In terms of how it affects a sporting competition, I do share the view and I think the football authorities have traditionally taken the view, that a football club is not to be identified 100% with the people that own it, or the corporate entity that owns it.

"A football club has its own identity which consists of various components – the history of the club, the stadium, the players but most importantly, the supporters. So you have got to be careful if you are trying to protect a football club which is a very long-standing and historical institution.

"You have got to be very careful not to come in too heavily with penalties and points deductions or financial penalties going forward which actually put people off investing in that club and trying to make it healthy. After all, it's not the new owners who have done the damage, it is the previous owners."

I'm sorry, Mr. Johnston, but this goes way beyond considering the financial implications of Rangers losing their SPL place. I expect you, and anyone connected with Kilmarnock, to strive for the best outcome for Kilmarnock especially, and Scottish football in general. I do not believe these interests would be well served by kowtowing to this "long-standing and historical institution". Are we really supposed to be happy to accept the crumbs falling from the "big" teams' table? Should we be happy to provide the opposition in warm-up games for the Old Firm's annual assault on Europe? As I said above, I have followed Killie through good and bad – but always in the faith that the team would do their best, and that the club had nothing but the most honest ambitions for Kilmarnock Football Club – who, I shouldn't have to remind you, are a more long-standing institution than either of the Old Firm. We have always taken pride in being Scotland's oldest professional club. However unrealistic, we should be striving to be the best team in our league, and we will NEVER achieve that if we continue to allow the Old Firm to grab the lion's share of the money available in the SPL.

There is no doubt that the loss of Rangers would change the landscape in Scottish football. Rather than bemoan the short-term loss of an arguable amount of cash, why are you, and your colleagues in the SPL, not seizing an opportunity for change? You refer to Rangers as an "institution" – a description which could also apply to slavery, and I don't think we miss that, do we? What is in front of us at the moment, Mr. Johnston, is a one-off deal. Rangers have got themselves into a mess which would cause any "normal" company to cease to exist. Should they be allowed to continue because of some "special" status? A status of being a beacon for some of the least attractive aspects of Scottish society, of protectionist business policies, of arrogance towards their peers, of a willingness to leave their country of origin for financial gain? I can still remember the Old Firm apologists telling us a few years ago how Scottish football would "prosper" if they left for pastures new, and yet now we're told by the same "experts" that the game will die if Rangers go to the wall. I don't claim to have the answers, but I would love to find out.

I am pleased to see that you have re-signed Mr. Shiels as team manager. Might I suggest you think about the following quote from him – he appears to be more in tune with the support than yourself.

"We're a West of Scotland club with no baggage. If you're a good parent and want to bring your children up in a way where they understand good values and also morals, they can come and have a fun time and enjoy it here.

"It doesn't stink of external influences and if those parents want to send them to Kilmarnock, it would be a very good choice, I'd have thought. I want us to be better, bring better people into the club and go on in a better manner."

"Go on in a better manner", Mr. Johnston. If you choose to do so, I will remain a loyal supporter of Kilmarnock Football Club. If you prefer my club to "know their place" and accept what scraps are thrown to them, then I want no part of it. Neither do many other supporters. It is unfortunate that you have made the statement quoted above. Did you pause to think that this statement reflects on the entire club, INCLUDING those of us who only wish to see Killie to compete on as level a playing field as possible? Did you pause to consider that you were representing OUR club when you said this, or the effect on peoples' perceptions of our club and, by extension, the fans?

I and many other Killie fans are angry and upset at your statements, Sir. I ask you to do the right thing in any upcoming vote and remember that you are representing a proud, venerable and above all HONEST club while doing so. You are Chairman of KILMARNOCK Football Club, and should owe no allegiance or favouritism to any other club.

Yours Sincerely,

(last season, approximately£130 kits, £300 tickets, £60 pies/drinks, £150 assorted merchandise - not a lot in the grand scheme, but it might well not be there next season)

That's a fine letter. As a fellow fitba fan I can empathise with every word in there and I totally applaud your heart felt feelings for Kilmarnock. What is coming out loud and clear is that most of the jokers who own and run our game do not have the remotest idea of what these feelings are and how they translate to fans coming through the gates and subsequently their phuckin existence.

Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster believes a 10-team top league would generate increased revenue from television broadcast deals.

Remember this How Doncaster said it had to happen. Does anyone think there is a chance that

all the clubs are miles apart on how to deal with a new co. Doncaster puts on a brave smiley

face but hopefully there's a battle behind the scenes.

Its almost to the point where I cant believe what some of the chairman are saying now as well.

I take it they are mostly holding out for the top job at the big house !

I would add not one club chairman has come out and said they should not be allowed in

as a new co. Not f**king one of them.(hibs and celtic owners have played to their support.

but they would say if they were going to vote no would they not ?) Plenty

are saying 'yes we will vote them back in'.

Apart from Dunfermline said no. Turns out no vote for them though.

I wonder if the SPL chairmen have factored in the money that would be lost, both short and long term, from the drop in home attendances from the admission of a Rangers Newco.

A average drop of home fans of 1500 over a season would see a drop of circa £500k turnover from gate reciepts alone; not to mention the sale of merchandise, programmes, catering, hospitality etc. Gauging the feeling on here 1500 may be a conservative estimate at some clubs!

This would likely be a bigger threat to these clubs than the loss of one or two big away crowds and a TV deal they receive a pittance of anyway!

edited: pish spelling!

Edited by Double Jack D

Dear Mr Johnston,

I have been a Killie fan for all my life. I first attended RP in season 1970-71, and have attended as many games as I can in the ensuing four decades. This has varied from not missing a game for three and a bit seasons in the early '80s to managing half a dozen or so matches a season now (work, family, cost and distance considerations). I've seen us losing to East Stirling and Brechin, I've seen us win national trophies, I've seen us score 8 at Meadowbank and lose 8 at home to Rangers. I've seen us play in Europe, the Anglo-Scottish Cup and the Ayrshire cup. I've watched Killie play in every available level of Scottish senior football, as a full-time club and as a part-time club. At NO time did I believe the club wanted anything other than success for Kilmarnock Football Club.

I have, in common with the vast majority of Scottish football fans, been following the developing crisis at Rangers with interest. I will confess, also in common with others, a hint of schadenfreude at the situation. The prevailing opinion amongst those I talk to, and all over the Scottish football websites which I read, is that Rangers deserve to be punished, and punished fairly, for any and all wrongdoing over the last few years.

Recently, you were quoted on the BBC as having said that financial considerations MAY take precedence over sporting integrity when decisions on Rangers' future are voted upon. I have not seen any retraction or denial of this statement from you, so I think I can assume that you did say this. Now, I see another quote from yourself:

"I am a solicitor by profession and in terms of the distinction between a CVA and a newco, it can become quite complicated but at the end of the day, from a creditors' point of view, there is maybe no difference," he said.

"In terms of how it affects a sporting competition, I do share the view and I think the football authorities have traditionally taken the view, that a football club is not to be identified 100% with the people that own it, or the corporate entity that owns it.

"A football club has its own identity which consists of various components – the history of the club, the stadium, the players but most importantly, the supporters. So you have got to be careful if you are trying to protect a football club which is a very long-standing and historical institution.

"You have got to be very careful not to come in too heavily with penalties and points deductions or financial penalties going forward which actually put people off investing in that club and trying to make it healthy. After all, it's not the new owners who have done the damage, it is the previous owners."

I'm sorry, Mr. Johnston, but this goes way beyond considering the financial implications of Rangers losing their SPL place. I expect you, and anyone connected with Kilmarnock, to strive for the best outcome for Kilmarnock especially, and Scottish football in general. I do not believe these interests would be well served by kowtowing to this "long-standing and historical institution". Are we really supposed to be happy to accept the crumbs falling from the "big" teams' table? Should we be happy to provide the opposition in warm-up games for the Old Firm's annual assault on Europe? As I said above, I have followed Killie through good and bad – but always in the faith that the team would do their best, and that the club had nothing but the most honest ambitions for Kilmarnock Football Club – who, I shouldn't have to remind you, are a more long-standing institution than either of the Old Firm. We have always taken pride in being Scotland's oldest professional club. However unrealistic, we should be striving to be the best team in our league, and we will NEVER achieve that if we continue to allow the Old Firm to grab the lion's share of the money available in the SPL.

There is no doubt that the loss of Rangers would change the landscape in Scottish football. Rather than bemoan the short-term loss of an arguable amount of cash, why are you, and your colleagues in the SPL, not seizing an opportunity for change? You refer to Rangers as an "institution" – a description which could also apply to slavery, and I don't think we miss that, do we? What is in front of us at the moment, Mr. Johnston, is a one-off deal. Rangers have got themselves into a mess which would cause any "normal" company to cease to exist. Should they be allowed to continue because of some "special" status? A status of being a beacon for some of the least attractive aspects of Scottish society, of protectionist business policies, of arrogance towards their peers, of a willingness to leave their country of origin for financial gain? I can still remember the Old Firm apologists telling us a few years ago how Scottish football would "prosper" if they left for pastures new, and yet now we're told by the same "experts" that the game will die if Rangers go to the wall. I don't claim to have the answers, but I would love to find out.

I am pleased to see that you have re-signed Mr. Shiels as team manager. Might I suggest you think about the following quote from him – he appears to be more in tune with the support than yourself.

"We're a West of Scotland club with no baggage. If you're a good parent and want to bring your children up in a way where they understand good values and also morals, they can come and have a fun time and enjoy it here.

"It doesn't stink of external influences and if those parents want to send them to Kilmarnock, it would be a very good choice, I'd have thought. I want us to be better, bring better people into the club and go on in a better manner."

"Go on in a better manner", Mr. Johnston. If you choose to do so, I will remain a loyal supporter of Kilmarnock Football Club. If you prefer my club to "know their place" and accept what scraps are thrown to them, then I want no part of it. Neither do many other supporters. It is unfortunate that you have made the statement quoted above. Did you pause to think that this statement reflects on the entire club, INCLUDING those of us who only wish to see Killie to compete on as level a playing field as possible? Did you pause to consider that you were representing OUR club when you said this, or the effect on peoples' perceptions of our club and, by extension, the fans?

I and many other Killie fans are angry and upset at your statements, Sir. I ask you to do the right thing in any upcoming vote and remember that you are representing a proud, venerable and above all HONEST club while doing so. You are Chairman of KILMARNOCK Football Club, and should owe no allegiance or favouritism to any other club.

Yours Sincerely,

(last season, approximately£130 kits, £300 tickets, £60 pies/drinks, £150 assorted merchandise - not a lot in the grand scheme, but it might well not be there next season)

:cheers:thumsup2:batman

Superb stuff, I am seething about his comments, but supporting an even diddier club I have no one to write to.

Michael Johnson makes me squirm.

Horrible horrible individual. Really feel for the Killie fans having that excuse for a man as their chairman.

You have my commiserations.

So let me see if I have this tosspots theory correct:

1. Rangers got seducted 10 points by the SPL

2. They got a 12 month transfer embargo and a pointless £160,000 fine from the SFA.

err, thats it.

The two most ineffective punishments ever. Number 1 dropped them from 2nd in the league to, um, 2nd. Number 2 doesn't matter because they can't afford to pay it and they can't afford to buy players anyway.

ETA - beat to it by Double Jack D

Edited by ribzanelli

Unless the SPL vote is a secret ballot, I can understand why chairman would vote Rangers back into the SPL. I certainly wouldn't risk myself and my family receiving death threats or bombs in the post over this issue.

Will the votes on newco sanctions and admitting a newco into the SPL be held in secret or not?

An Open Letter From Football Chairmen

Dear customers,

Of late we have seen a rise in poorly spelled, illegible letters and e-mails to our secretarial staff. God knows what's in them as we don't actually read them or care, but our in-boxes are getting clogged and our waste baskets need emptying more. Please stop sending us your drivel.

It has however come to our attention over a number of years that the little people who squeeze through the turnstiles seem to be labouring under the delusion that the clubs belong to them. Let us make this clear - these businesses are ours, bought and paid for. Many are trinkets to be shown off like trophy wives, some are family heirlooms and others are convenient tax dodges. Do the fat fucks filling their faces in MacDonalds every day imagine the company to be theirs? Do they imagine they can start dictating business strategy to MacDonalds? Of course not and similarly, the clubs are ours and if we have to hear any more whining shit from the customers, there's going to be big changes.

Do you think it's easy running a business where income through the gates varies so much from season to season, game to game? What sane company accountant could fail to notice that tv income is predictable, steady and (Setanta apart), safe. Plans are in place already to get rid of direct paying customers. The tv companies assure us that CGI can create a full stadium with ease so no more security staff, no more police costs, no more smelly dog-food pie stands.

So shut the f**k up little people. We decide what is best for us. If we decide we want to keep one of our commercial partners in business, that's for us grown ups to decide.

Yours in sport

ps - Get your season ticket money out now, we've got bills to pay.

Is this not the time of the year when David Murray invited the numptie journalists around to talk about the new signings Rangers had (potentially) lined up? Just as the new season tickets went on sale.

We should be reading about Torres, Drogba, van Persie who are 'just about' to sign. And of course they are impressed with the setup at Rangers, love the traditions and the fans sooooo much tongue.gif

Maybe Duff or even Duffer could set the rumour mill going. "17 year old boy wonder signed from Stirling Albion will be the next Messi" . After all I assume they will sell season tickets for the next campaign.

You don't have long guys to get the supporters excited, before they say 'sod it'. sad.gif

Dear Mr Johnston,

Yours Sincerely,

I'm out of greenies mate, so I owe you one. Nicely put wink.gif

The two most ineffective punishments ever. Number 1 dropped them from 2nd in the league to, um, 2nd. Number 2 doesn't matter because they can't afford to pay it and they can't afford to buy players anyway.

ETA - beat to it by Double Jack D

According to the Daily Rangers, I see that Rangers hope to sign Ian Black and they plan a pre season game in Belgium. Where is the money coming from for this ?

What sheer arrogance - They are definately SCOTLANDS SHAME. What are their creditors thinking about this when they are owed millions of Pounds, Not to mention the

overnight stays going to play Hearts and St Johnstone. The administrators are a joke

Also Alistair Johnston lifting the lid on the shenanigan goings on at Ibrox. Sorry mate, to say you jumped up and down about it at the time is no excuse in a Court of Law.

You are as guilty as the other so called directors of sitting on your hands and doing nothing. YOU ARE ALL GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION.

Edited by Bairnsfan

Kind of sick of boycotts. But would everyone be ok with

1.) Not attended any ground that voted yes for newco

2.) Making sure and attend away game where the club voted no

1. So that would be every SPL match.

2. And that would be no SPL matches.

ETA:

Can we just be clear about something. Every SPL chairman will vote to permit direct entry to a newco. Each and every one of them.

At best (and it ain't much), we can hope for a very modest sanction.

If Rangers MkII are in the SPL next season and are toiling, it will not be attributable to anything the SPL have done. It will be a combination of the transfer embargo, and general financial constraints based on their enduring shambolic situation - ie: the SFA sanctions, and their own misdeeds.

Shameful? Yes.

Surprising? What do you reckon...?

Edited by Drooper

I DO wonder if SPL Clubs' e-mail inboxes are getting pumped by the fans as we get closer to some sort of decision being made ?

Chairmen and Boards at these clubs MUST be made aware of the deep feelings of their fan bases by every means possible and as frequently as possible. Without such effort these guys will undoubtedly bend over on this one, such is their philosophy on the Gentlemans Club that is the SPL.

It isn't just the Chairmen who have BIG decisions to make......

...the FANS arguably have an even bigger decision to come to... one that may hurt the very thing the love the most...... huh.gif

St Johnstone the latest to be boycotted next season for Saints chairman wanting further sanctions if a Newco is allowed in, according to the horrible b*****ds on Rangers Media. We don't give a f**k because we will probably only play them once next season anyway having played them 3 times in Perth in the league this season, GIRFUY !

Aberdeen Football Club has issued the following statement regarding the ongoing situation in Scottish football with particular regards to Rangers Football Club.

Chairman Stewart Milne said "We are aware of the issues, concerns and opinions raised by our supporters with regards to the ongoing situation. These issues have taken up a great deal of my time, Duncan Fraser, the Chief Executive's time and that of our board of directors. The issues are complex and the situation remains extremely fluid. Events continue to move on a daily basis and therefore we feel it has been, and remains, inappropriate to comment publically on what might arise out of this.

"We will continue to give this matter our full attention and will do what we believe is in the best interests of Aberdeen Football Club and Scottish football and will communicate this to our supporters at the appropriate time"