Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Quote :

ALLY McCOIST savoured his first title as Rangers boss — but immediately vowed he needs a brand new TEAM of players.

McCoist says he’ll require “double figures” in terms of squad additions for next season.

He also revealed wild celebrations took place on the team bus coming back from the goalless draw at Montrose when they heard Elgin had beaten Queen’s Park at Hampden to ensure the flag will fly at Ibrox.

He said: “We were listening to the Queen’s game on the bus back.

“The second-biggest roar of the day came when they were awarded a penalty — and the biggest came when they scored it.

“I couldn’t hear who scored the penalty for the cheering but I wish him all the best!

“We were just passing Auchterarder when the final whistle went at Hampden and I was happy to see the guys on the bus hugging one another and just celebrating.

“It was great to see that it meant as much to them as it did to us — I said that to Kenny and Durranty. It was magic to know they wanted the title as much as we did.”

But McCoist says he’s already started talks with Chief Executive Charles Green as his rebuilding for the new season starts.

Dundee United’s Jon Daly and Motherwell’s Nicky Law are prime targets — while Sunsport revealed McCoist made a hush-hush scouting trip to Central America during the international break.

He said: “I am certainly looking at bringing in double figures in terms of numbers.

“I’m not talking about replacements, I’m talking about enhancing the squad.

“When you have to scour around the youth team to find a player to go on the bench, as I had to against Stirling Albion last week, you know you’ve got problems in terms of numbers.

“Bringing players will be difficult in terms of the embargo but if we aim to win another title next year — and we certainly do — we need to bring in better players and a lot of them.

“I said last summer we needed four or five players coming in. We lost Carlos Bocanegra and got David Templeton in.

Since then we’ve lost Kevin Kyle, Fran Sandaza, Dean Shiels and Lewis MacLeod for various things so you only need to be able to add to see where the problems lie.

“I’ve already started conversations with Charles Green about that part of it. He’s not daft — he’s at the games and he sees for himself where the problems lie.”

McCoist admitted: “It’s been harder to win this title than I thought it would be. I knew going into it that every game would be a cup tie, every opponent would raise their game.

“But I didn’t understand how intense it would be. At every ground we went to, I always had a blether with the coaches from the opposing teams. Without exception every single one said the same thing to me — the week before they played us, the players were snapping into tackles in training and their treatment rooms were empty.

“That’s what we were dealing with — and it’s what we’re going to be dealing with in seasons ahead.

“I’ve always said that the thing that drives people at this club is that the fear of not achieving anything is greater than the euphoria of winning. I hope the players have got a bit of a realisation about that.

“I understand arguments of people saying that it’s a title won without honour because of who we are. My arguments about that are that if the club with the most money won the title every year, Manchester City would win the Premiership forever.

“And the other point is people who say that didn’t see us when the season started, when we’d six signed players,

when the training ground was full of trialists and we’d to cancel pre-season games.

“I know I’ve said it before but the preparation we had was shambolic.

“The bottom line, really, is that nobody knows what sort of achievement this is for us.

“Nothing like this — Rangers being in the bottom division — has ever happened before.

“It’s a unique situation and a unique season. I’m just thrilled that it’s ended successfully for us.”

So looks like the war chest will be opened as early as this summer. :lol:

where is this war chest coming from you keep talking of ?

It should be enough for Ally to cherry pick the best non Celtic players out of the SPL just like last summer. Ally taking there of double figures in new faces being brought in to replace the ones who didn't cut it at 3rd Division level. Certainly more in that war chest than all the other SPL clubs outside Celtic have put together, onward an upward. ;)

Your Club is currently losing £1m per month at present never mind spending more money !

You currently have the 2nd highest wage bill in Scotland and yet dropped more points than Gretna did in winning the 3rd Division......why the need to in-debt the Club even further just to try and win the 2nd Division ?

Serious Question Tedi:

Does it not concern you that your Club are currently paying over the odds for "SPL standard" players in the third division whilst according to the financial statement issued losing £1m per month (when the share issue money is deducted)?

By all accounts they seem intent on doing exactly the same for the second division !

Would it not be more financially prudent for them to build gradually using youngsters & a few seasoned pro's with experience & capabilities of winning the division they are in.....and at a fraction of the cost.

When did Rangers go into debt this season?.

My club is doing just fine and currently enjoying success 'against all odds'.

Rangers own financial statement shows they are losing £1m per month........at the current rate the £22m raised in the stock market float will be gone by the time Rangers hit the first division!

When guys like Bill Ng talked about a "£10m black hole" in the accounts without Champions league football.....this is what he was on about.

The share issue money is simply money in the bank, it has nothing to do with the accounts, we are not in debt.

We are not losing £1M per month, we had many exceptional items to pay for, football debts, transfer fees, property purchases. We also had historical issues at the start of the season where we had no income and players to pay, some of which were on 20k per week, these are now off the books, we have negotiated new sponser`s. We are losing money but it is no where near £1M a month, the true audited accounts at the end of the summer will detail things in much more detail but if we sell another 35K + ST`s then I will not be worried in the slightest.

I think a wage but of around £5M should be manageable and will guarantee promotion back to the top level of Scottish Football within the shortest possible time scale, I admit however the standard should be better than what we are seeing at the moment, new mamangement would solve this issue and would also ensure the 35K ST`s.

I know Rangers aren't in debt....due to the cash raised by the float but this money can only be spent once and as stated was a "one time payment".

Point taken about the previous football debts etc that required paying but aren't the likes of Alexander, McCulloch, Wallace, McCoist etc still on fairly hefty salaries ?

I think a lot of answers will come out with the audited accounts....due in the summer you say ?

I think Rangers will have to find additional investment of around £10M once they reach the top division ir order to challenge for the title.

Alexander is gone in the summer, Jig is on 10K I believe and Wallace 7k, Wallace is worth 7K all day long, he has been our best player by a country mile this season, McCoist is on 450K (I think) we could get a decent mamanger for a third of this.

Accounts should be released around August / September and as these will be the audited accounts they will detail almost everything.

Not trying to pretend things are perfect but as long as we continue to sell ST`s in large numbers then we will get through this and should be in a decent position in a few years.

How much are the ST's going for though ? are they not hugely reduced for the 3rd division ? admittedly 35K is an impressive figure....do you think it will hold up next season bearing in mind the fall off seen the last few months ?

Always rated Wallace when he was at Hearts....good player. Black only came onto a game because of Paulo Sergio.....he seems to have reverted to type i.e: running around kicking people.

Currently 33% less than last season, I expect them rise by around 10%

I think they will hold up just fine, as long as threads like this exist alongside all the anti Rangers bloggers then defiance will take the place of decent football in Rangers fans motivation to buy, the worst thing that could happen for Rangers is that people stopped talking about them, indeed the anti Rangers haters are actually playing their part in making sure my club survives.

I think Black, Temps, Shiels hell even Sandaza all can play much better football than they are currently displaying, this has to be down to management.

I agree with that.....plus Charles Green playing to the gallery.

What players do Rangers fans genuinely think they'll sign? This isn't a Troll or wind up, I'm just interested to know what players they anticipate arriving. We all know Cammy Bell and Jon Daly have pretty much agreed a move but who else would arrive?

I would not believe much of what you hear, it seems according to the newspaper we are going to signing half the SPL in september.

Nicky Law, Daly, Bell, Miller, Boyd, Thomson, Wilson and Davidson are all players that have been mentioned, we should not be paying anyone more than 5k a week and I do not think many of that lot would drop to SFL2 for those wages.

I think you've got a good chance of getting Bell and Daly though, neither have denied it.

Law will probably fancy England, while Murray Davidsons already said he's going down South or abroad.

Though Boyd, Thomson and Wilson are ones I'm not sure of, they might do it but they might not

I'm not entirely sure what SPL players Rangers will actually sign. As the ones I suspected might all seem to be suggesting they'll go to England instead. I really think Rangers will struggle to get anything other than old injury prone mercenaries (Daly) or fans who have realised there chances of English league football is slim (Bell). You'd be better looking at First Division players but I guess there would be uproar if that happened

Rangers own financial statement shows they are losing £1m per month........at the current rate the £22m raised in the stock market float will be gone by the time Rangers hit the first division!

When guys like Bill Ng talked about a "£10m black hole" in the accounts without Champions league football.....this is what he was on about.

May well be wrong but i thought it was the American,Bill Miller,who said that.