Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hopefully the honour will go to Jim White - live on SSNs afternoon show. That would be off-the-scale LOL-tastic.

Perhaps we should have an Orson Wells' "War of the Worlds" scenario to put out the message that the sky IS indeed falling....A CY impersonator reading out a tear stained statement from H&D while Sky and BBC have blank screens and play martial music.

Jesus. I've been trying to catch up with this all day! every time I read a page another one appears! I can't get to the deadline before another deadline has appeared!

A bout a novel ago there was talk about losing the gate(s) from rangers during a season, one st.mirren fan said that they bring 1500 so say that's an extra 3000 tickets a season lost without rangers, if each of the rebel 10 brought an extra 300 fans to the away games this would fill the void. I think this could be feasible if there is a more competitive league. Then there is also lower policing costs as most fans out with the old firm are civilised and don't try to eat the seats and feel obliged to write there names on doors as they curl one out!

But But But TV money I hear you say, so there is not as much TV money in a new deal but the rebel ten see next to he haw of it anyway, a re negotiated deal I reckon would see the diddy clubs getting a more even crust.

The Diddy clubs should do what any loving family member would do to a brain dead relative with no quality of life and pull the plug. It gives them a chance to fight it out and strengthen to compete against the next super- villain ETA - Feel free to make this a montage laugh.gif

Edited by JohnJohn

I love how over at RM one of the reasons given for follow follow being shite is because one of the mods there has a sister who supports Celtic :D

they are beyond retarded. One has brandished graeme souness as a "traitor". I assume that is because he signed the first catholic to play for the club in the late 80s.

A few are thinking they may get straight into the epl due to them being linked to a buyer with epl links.

I'm starting to think it may be better for rangers to keep existing as at least we know where these people are on a saturday afternoon. just wait til they discover fire.....

Speaking about this takeover/closingdown sale thingy that is the whole rangers saga with a Rangers friend and an older egg-chasing fan at work, Rangers boy still going on that the blue knights or Souness or Purple people Eater or who ever would still step up with all the readies and things would be good. In a moment of clarity from the egg-chaser "listen son, if i was mega wealthy and I wanted to buy a global firm thats pissing money away for no gains over a ten year period i would buy the US Military cause at least they are more popular on their travels than you's"

Had to go visit the laughing cupboard after that

This latest farce from Duff and Duffer makes me laugh when you consider the chances of this bid for Rangers by the Blue Knights succeeding when you consider the following statement:-

On the subject of deliverability, Duff & Phelps has stated that a Company Voluntary Arrangement - the Blue Knights' preferred option of exiting administration - will be difficult to achieve in a short timeframe.

A number of financial analysts have also cast doubt as to whether a CVA, rather than creating a new company, is realistic at all.

However, Kennedy stressed: "Financially, a newco doesn't work unless you can write a cheque for £35m to compensate for the absence of European football.

"We would only contemplate a CVA."

Seems Duff and Phleps are out with the begging bowl.......My link ......

"I've been getting positive feedback from fans there, who know that I'm a lifelong Rangers supporter and have the club's best interests at heart,"

Has he ever even spoken to a Rangers fan?

Edited by Cammy35

I'm in for a tenner if I can look after the catering side for directors, shareholders and the media.

Firstly I want it known that "succulent lamb" will be off the menu for good. For those connected to the club it will be replaced by venison, salmon, caviar and other such snacks as can be picked up at the local Aldi. As for our friendly media chums "let them eat cake - the staler the better".

He is sitting in the sunshine in monte carlo quaffing champagne, nibbling on lobster with a tidy bird on his arm. What do you think?

I think I would be sipping my champers a little nervously , beautiful bird on arm or not. After all, he has ( wrongly) got the whole blame for the Rangers fiasco . As we know , there are a sizeable number of nutters that support them. Maybe another question should be, is he very brave or very stupid ?

Its now 2 days since Miller pulled out, we were told by the administrators and the media that the next 24-48 hours would be crucial if the club was to survive, im presuming we are actually no further forward.

What is the obvious rush to have things done before the game on Saturday? Im sure there is some ruse that was going to be pulled by unveiling the Rangers team as the newco on Saturday so that they could get hit with a 50 point penalty or whatever and push them down to sixth (obviously they couldnt go any further as 7th cant finish ahead of 6th even it if it has more points).

I will feel a bit more comfortable once Saturday's game has finished and things are still the same.

Traynor expressing incredulity that fans would pay the same for next years' season tickets if their team wasn't getting the chance to play Rangers.

I wonder when the last time that fat cunt paid to get into a game?

Edit: Beaten by Iceblink

Edited by Granny Danger

Aye, pointless. That's why there'll be 50,000 people in Glasgow this weekend watching a game that doesn't involve the OF, then?

Pretty sure there was nigh on 28000 at 2 games in the Capital this last round of games, considering 1 was 'meaningless' that's far from pointless.

Aye, pointless. That's why there'll be 50,000 people in Glasgow this weekend watching a game that doesn't involve the OF, then?

au contraire mon ami, it's a one off according to jim. Won't happen again.

Chico crapping on about a bid being accepted for 85% whytes shares. To go through tomorrow.