Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yeah, but the point is how can the creditors vote on that, without knowing what the final settlement would be?

If the latest info on the Alex Thomson blog is accurate then i think the whole issue is moot. The BK business plan is predicated upon only a one year ban on European football. If a CVA is treated the same way as a liquidation I think their plan is fucked.

No the offer would be made on the basis of the debt being 100 million (ie 10p in the pound in your example)

The point I was making was, the amount offered won't change. It'd just be spread thinner if the debt goes up.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

According to Haudit & Daudit, the total debt could be £134m

The Barren Knights have offered £8.5m

Haudit & Daudit take their cut first - around £2m (?)

That leaves about 5p in the £ for creditors.

Will HMRC cut a deal for 5p in the £?

Short answer?

No.

Rangers appeal to the SFA regarding signing ban etc will be heard on May 16 (next Wednesday).

Can they defer making a decision on the grounds of requiring further information?

Say, to lunchtime some day or other?

If the latest info on the Alex Thomson blog is accurate then i think the whole issue is moot. The BK business plan is predicated upon only a one year ban on European football. If a CVA is treated the same way as a liquidation I think their plan is fucked.

I love how they just presume they'll be in a euro spot, what with the transfer ban n that.

Ng's offer halved, Kennedy sets deadline - who are the other bidder then? aside from the much anticipated P&B consortium.:lol:

At least Kennedy has said midday instead of lunchtime - I was beginning to think that some of these folk eat lunch at a weird time.

Edited by Chuckinho

HMRC are in too strong a position to be fobbed off with a CVA I would reckon. If rAngers survive they'll hit them for the full whack over an agreed period, otherwise its party time :)

I love how they just presume they'll be in a euro spot, what with the transfer ban n that.

Whyte's reliance on European football is allegedly the reason Rangers had to move into administration, lessons will never be learned.

If Craig Whyte's floating charge is based on paying off the bank loan with the Ticketus money surely he's dropped himself right in it. If he can't realise £18m for his shares he's left with a share of a CVA or the proceeds of liquidation. I guess he liquidates the company he used to deal with Ticketus and rides off into the sunset though.

On a positive note, when I click on first unread post, its taking me to the first unread post! I know the board is set up so after a certain amount of pages this function doesn't work.

Nobody outside of Scotland gives a daffy about the whole Rangers saga, even here in Northern Ireland the "supporters" are just going to support there English clubs if Rangers go down and just dust the shirt off when its marching season again.

Nobody in Scotland gives a daffy about the whole Rangers saga, even here in Northern Ireland the "supporters" are just going to support there English clubs if Rangers go down and just dust the shirt off when its marching season again.

:)

Very noticeable that everyone loathes them . Not just the green vermin , everyone from the smallest to the biggest club. This is why the media is a disgrace . You would think - if you didnt know better- that there was an outpouring of grief over this in reading their editorials and sports pages . Its anything but !

More to the point, what'll happen to the Rangers v Celtic forum when Rangers die? Does it change to Diddies v Celtic?

Or maybe it shoud be used for the inevitable fracturing of the various supporters groups.

Rangers v Rangers Media v Rangers FF etc.

Ah, but which one would get the penalty, being as none of them actually would have a home anymore......