Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't think there can ever be enough links to Cambodia in Scottish Football.

Kennedys bid is Dead, he might be away there for a Holiday perhaps?

Now rangers are in admin the goalpots are gona be moved so the next team in admin gets hit harder. I believe the next time a team suffers that again it will be the almighty glasgow rangers once more, just a thought but would be amusing to see how spl wanks squirmed out of that!

Come on the not so secret, secret panel. Scotland expects you to do the right thing. Channel the 'f**k you' spirit of Eric Drysdale...

What time do they meet/verdict due etc etc?

Some people on here are fucking depressing.

Very little, if anything at all has changed over the last few weeks. HMRC won't accept a CVA, so they will be liquidated. Also, they can't magically just transfer all assets for free to a Newco and walk away from the debt, that would be illegal. Any new club would have to buy them.

Keep the faith brothers. Today the SFA will hammer them, because at the end of the day, the club won't be there to even take their punishment.

the legal position and the sporting integrity issues will be out weighed by the financial pressures and the basic corruption of scottish football

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The SFA Note of Reasons nailed its colours firmly to the mast. It's all too serious and too big to be swept under the carpet.

Some people on here are fucking depressing.

Very little, if anything at all has changed over the last few weeks. HMRC won't accept a CVA, so they will be liquidated. Also, they can't magically just transfer all assets for free to a Newco and walk away from the debt, that would be illegal. Any new club would have to buy them.

Keep the faith brothers. Today the SFA will hammer them, because at the end of the day, the club won't be there to even take their punishment.

I bet they do. They've lost every big case in football they've ever had. They even accepted a deal in Dundee's case. The HMRC will take a CVA, Rangers will be okay and miss one season in Europe and be just fine. Ultimately the taxman is a knob.

After weeks of entertainment, first post. As the day of reckoning begins, a wee word to the panel from Atticus Finch: "in the name of God, do your duty."

Okay, he was defending an innocent man, but his plea was that justice be done, and most of us on this forum are pretty clear on what this entails tomorrow.

And, if I recall correctly, lawyer Finch also did the right thing when he killed a rabid dog with one shot.

I bet they do. They've lost every big case in football they've ever had. They even accepted a deal in Dundee's case. The HMRC will take a CVA, Rangers will be okay and miss one season in Europe and be just fine. Ultimately the taxman is a knob.

No they didn't, they just didn't have enough percentage-wise to block it. I believe HMRC, Chisholm and Dodds were the only creditors to vote against.

Edited by Spain

HMRC lose the majority of their court cases. Mainly on technicalities which is down to their own blithering incompetence. Anyone hanging their hopes on that mob of state spawned drivel to come up trumps for them better prepare themselves for a let down.

I can remember seeing a breakdown of the cost of court cases HMRC bring compared to the amounts of money recovered, it was wildly out of kilter. They spend a fortune on these cases and bring in a fraction of f**k all. Its basically a noising up exercise rather than a money collecting one. HMRC like to pretend they are playing hardball with you all the time, but this is a government organisation and is therefore run by incompetents and the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing.

What time do they meet/verdict due etc etc?

It's been said it could be 2 or 3 days before we get an outcome

ONE of the leading legal brains in the UK will spearhead Rangers' appeal against a season-long transfer embargo tomorrow.

Mr Richard Keen QC has been hired to fight the Ibrox club's corner after a Judicial Panel took the highly punitive action for "bringing the game into disrepute" at a hearing last month.

The main thrust for reaching this decision was over the non-payment of PAYE and VAT. They judged that although Craig Whyte made this decision, other directors should have known and done something about it.

Rangers put forward a compelling case that Craig Whyte was acting alone and Mr Keen will be reinforcing this view over the appeals process which could last two or three days.

Sitting on the Appeals panel are Lord Carloway, Spartans chairman Craig Graham and former Partick Thistle chairman Allan Cowan.

Manager Ally McCoist has already indicated how disastrous it would be for the club if the transfer embargo remained as it would not only prevent Rangers from signing players but lead to current stars leaving.

Mr Keen is Dean of the Faculty of Advocates in Scotland and famously acted for Al Amin Fhimah, who was acquitted at the Lockerbie Bomb trial in Holland in 2001

If Motherwell win the Champions League this year does that mean we get two places in it next year or will the Champions go into the Europa.:rolleyes:

Champions go into Europa.

Borys

It's been said it could be 2 or 3 days before we get an outcome

If that's the case then I expect them to take that. They won't want to be seen as having rushed this through. Even if they decide within hours what they're going to do, they'll want to make it seem like they've thought long and hard about it to stop anyone moaning (or give them less reason to moan anyway).

If Reynard is right

Its basically a noising up exercise rather than a money collecting one. HMRC like to pretend they are playing hardball with you all the time,

That might suggest that HMRC will take this chance to make an example of a 'big' club that might influence the behaviour of some genuinely big clubs in the Premiership?