Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Mmmmm, unfortunately I think we are in the "too big to fail"mentality that has stalked the planet in the last couple of years. No matterthe rights wrongs or otherwise in the matter, I suspect that....

• Ban on player transfers will be suspended or shortened to single transfer window
  • Rangers will be liquidated, but newco will arise that will magically inherit the old rangers assets. ie ibrox, murray park, most of the contracts
  • EBT scams etc will be proved correct but punishment will go to the "old" rangers, couple of directors etc will be banned , slaps on wrists etc.
  • As Rangers liquidated, all debts will be walked away from and they will start from a clean slate next season
  • They will be banned from Europe for three years , but given all the above doesnt really matter
  • SPL will vote this "new club" straight back into the SPL, and I predict that Celtic will vote for it too (and United). Probably only Hibs and Hearts will vote against
  • Rangers fans will boycott the Edinburgh clubs next season for the temerity to stand up to them
  • 11-1 voting structure will be maintained. Celtic and Rangers locked in a vice with Sky, rest of the clubs shut out from making any meaningful changes
  • In three years times its business as usual with Celtic/Rangers spots 1 and 2 for the next 20 years. ie its back to business as usual

Really really hope I'm wrong in at least some of this, but the legal positionand the sporting integrity issues will be out weighed by the financialpressures and the basic corruption of scottish football by the old firm. Ithink the enjoyment factor of the last couple of months is coming to an end...

With a very heavy heart, I agree with most of this. You've got the last figure wrong though. It should be the OF in spots 1 & 2 for the next 200 years, not 20.

I think D&P will get pulled up over this at some point. They should have sold players at their full value where they could to pay down debt & get them off the wage bill. All they have done is devalue the assets and costs the business their wages. Madness !

D&P don't seem to have done any cost saving activities as a normal administrator would. Any business going into administration that I know of have had severe cuts simply to keep the business going if a buyer is being sought.

Maybe been answered before, so apologies:

If Rangers (IA) sell any players before any CVA is concluded (even if one is), then shouldn't the receipts be put towards the creditors pot? Even Green had indicated that the receipt due for Jelavic will be treated in this way.

Also, and sorry if covered before, presumably RFC(IA) will soon be recieving their tainted prize money for finishing second in the SPL? Whatever amount (£2million?) will either be pissed against the wall in pre CVA running costs (i.e. administrators fees) or spunked away in liquidation. Another lump sum sucked out of Scottish fitba by them. They're an expensive "institution".

if that's true it really is a sad reflection onScottish society that we have to pander to mob rule.

Pathetic & Embarrassing

Mob rule always wins when the OF are involved. The list is almost endless eg moving cup ties from small grounds; all OF semis at Hampden before it became compulsory; uneven split of tickets; no action against sectarianism for decades until forced to by non Scottish sources; police still not taking action at games for numerous offences because they're basically scared and now we even have changing a voting process to protect those taking the decision from reprisals by the Rangers support yet no action has been taken by those inciting the mob.

It's Scotland. It'll never change. The corridors of power are full of the mob. Pathetic and embarrassing indeed.

Quick question,

Part of the final demise of Gretna and the relegation of Livingston was down to an inability to confirm they could fulfil fixtures for the following season (believe there is a story regarding a bidder having the cheque as guarantee outside the room when Livingston were relegated due to being unable to provide said guarantee).

If this is the case and it is obvious even if The Green Brigand takes over the actual takeover is a lengthy process and will go to the point where next seasons fixtures are being compiled.

If this is the case who do the SPL ask 'Can you confirm that Rangers will be able to fulfil their fixtures for 2012/13' and if they have any doubts and seek a surity who do they ask it from and who will lodge it with the SPL.

I say kill the b*****ds now and get it over with so we can all move on

Edited by MEADOWXI

Quick question,

Part of the final demise of Gretna and the relegation of Livingston was down to an inability to confirm they could fulfil fixtures for the following season (believe there is a story regarding a bidder having the cheque as guarantee outside the room when Livingston were relegated due to being unable to provide said guarantee).

If this is the case and it is obvious even if The Green Brigand takes over the actual takeover is a lengthy process and will go to the point where next seasons fixtures are being compiled.

If this is the case who do the SPL ask 'Can you confirm that Rangers will be able to fulfil their fixtures for 2012/13' and if they have any doubts and seek a surity who do they ask it from and who will lodge it with the SPL.

There always is.

Livingston's relegation was due to them finishing bottom. The SPL has no set punishment for being deemed unable to fulfill fixtures. It was the SFL who demoted them to the third.

There's no question of Rangers being unable to fulfill fixtures, unfortunately.

There always is.

Livingston's relegation was due to them finishing bottom. The SPL has no set punishment for being deemed unable to fulfill fixtures. It was the SFL who demoted them to the third.

There's no question of Rangers being unable to fulfill fixtures, unfortunately.

Livingston did not finish bottom in 2008/09

They were demoted on the 5th of August 2009 - when they were demoted from the First Division to the Third Division in response to the club being deemed in breach of league rules after going into administration and, briefly, liquidation. As a result, Airdrie United are reassigned to the First Division and Cowdenbeath to the Second Division. (Taken from Wiki)

I'm an IT contractor and no, it's not.

How interesting.

And yes it is. Ive seen the figures.

In fact have a look at Harry Redknapps case for instance. How much did it cost to bring this to court? The case itself was said to run into millions to stage and the result in terms of money yield to the treasury was nil. Even for small cases the costs quite often outweigh any money gained if HMRC are successful.

Edited by Reynard

Quick question,

In Gretna's case, they'd just had their last suitor walk away, and it had also become public knowledge that the Gretna Supporters Trust were starting up a continuing Gretna as they didn't trust the administrator had the remotest intentions of trying to save the club and their best hope was negotiating with whoever bought Raydale upon liquidation (which in the end all proved a moment stranger than fiction but that's another topic).

Regarding today's events, all I have to say is:

1039b2g.jpg

Livingston did not finish bottom in 2008/09

They were demoted on the 5th of August 2009 - when they were demoted from the First Division to the Third Division in response to the club being deemed in breach of league rules after going into administration and, briefly, liquidation. As a result, Airdrie United are reassigned to the First Division and Cowdenbeath to the Second Division. (Taken from Wiki)

You've got your leagues wrong though, that was from the 1st Division, so that came from the SFL, NOT the SPL. Livingston were relegated from the SPL only for finishing bottom.

I remember being down in the North of England on Holiday a couple of years ago and Rangers were playing a Champions League Qualifying match. English edition of the Sun had the result buried down in a tiny section with other diddy team results and did not bother with a match report, the OF mean nothing to the Ingerlanders

Well, that's the Sun for you. Pathetic journalism.

And that's the English for you. I'd love a Scottish team to stick it right up an English side in Europe.

Any Scottish team, even United.

Well, that's the Sun for you. Pathetic journalism.

And that's the English for you. I'd love a Scottish team to stick it right up an English side in Europe.

Any Scottish team, even United.

What's pathetic about that?

That's the part I was kinda coming to - I don't believe they should be allowed to dispose of player assets to fund ongoing running costs - that is just deliberately running down the notional value of a business which is insolvent in all senses of the word.

Unless the new buyer/owner is meeting ongoing costs once the bank balance is truly at 0, then I think they have a duty to proceed with winding-up

Selling a player would have reduced the wage bill (substantially) but also brought in money. That is fine as long as you are keeping the business as a going concern. No different from selling a company car, or office furniture.

Who would argue that getting rid of fringe (or invisible) players like Healy, Lafferty, Fleck would not be a good thing, and I would suggest that it would have made the club much more attractive to would be bidders if 20 or so of the 79 listed here had been moved on in the first few weeks of administration. Now 92 days on, they are still there waiting for their wages to be brought up to date - or else mad.gif. (read my signature!)

And the management team? All really needed? Doubt it.

But who really wants to take on this lot moving to a CVA laugh.gifor a Newco???

RANGERS SQUAD 2011/12 from SPL site

1 Allan McGregor 2 Dorin Goian 4 Kirk Broadfoot 5 Sasa Papac 6 Lee McCulloch 7 Maurice Edu 8 Steven Davis (captain 10 John Fleck 11 Kyle Lafferty 12 Lee Wallace14 Steven Naismith 15 David Healy 16 Steven Whittaker 18 Carlos Bocanegra 20 Matt McKay 21 Alejandro Bedoya 22 Kyle Bartley 25 Neil Alexander 26 Jamie Ness 28 Salim Kerkar 30 Scott Gallacher 31 Grant Adam 32 Ross Perry 34 Andrew Little 35 Kyle Hutton 36 Darren Cole 37 Christoper Hegarty 38 Kane Hemmings39 Gordon Dick 40 Andrew Mitchell 41 Rhys McCabe42 Kal Naismith 46 Kamil Wiktorski 47 Tom Skogsrud 48 Kim Skogsrud 49 Kyle McAusland 51 Blair Currie 52 Ewan McNeil 53 Anthony Marenghi 54 Robert Crawford 55 Adam Hunter 56 Adel Gafaiti 57 Gregor Fotheringham 58 Lewis MacLeod 59 Sam McMahon60 Joshua Robinson 61 Jack Werndly 62 Callum Wyllie 63 Fredrik Espling 64 Marc Dyer 65 Robbie McIntyre 66 Matthew Clarke 70 Jordan Wilson 71 Stuart Urquhart 74 Andrew Murdoch 76 Darren Ramsay 79 Jamie Burrows

Edited by thelegendthatis

How interesting.

And yes it is. Ive seen the figures.

In fact have a look at Harry Redknapps case for instance. How much did it cost to bring this to court? The case itself was said to run into millions to stage and the result in terms of money yield to the treasury was nil. Even for small cases the costs quite often outweigh any money gained if HMRC are successful.

Some you win some you lose. Remember a jury found him not guilty. The lovable scamp he is but defo a tax dodger, in Scotland it would have been, I think, a not proven verdict, inept HMRC legal work did not help either. The ranjurs tax case is a tribunal and as far as I know does not involve a jury, tho' I could be wrong.

. This is a opportunity to change the game let's not let the basturds get away with it. Whatever happens this is a game changer for scottish football

The 2nd question was "British teams that have played in the Champions league"

Now if Rangers or Celtic were global bands surely they would come out near the top of the list. :rolleyes:

The bottom three answers were

• Celtic - 10 out of the 100
  • Rangers - 9 out of 100
  • Blackburn Rovers 5 out of 100

Total Network Solutions

Do I win?

Some you win some you lose. Remember a jury found him not guilty. The lovable scamp he is but defo a tax dodger, in Scotland it would have been, I think, a not proven verdict, inept HMRC legal work did not help either. The ranjurs tax case is a tribunal and as far as I know does not involve a jury, tho' I could be wrong.

. This is a opportunity to change the game let's not let the basturds get away with it. Whatever happens this is a game changer for scottish football

No it won't...........it fucking well should be but ultimately it won't because the SPL, SFA and our wonderful Chairmen (including yours) will vote them back in and maintain the status quo.

"Arab spring" for Scottish football ? That would require too much forward thinging I'd say.

Saw this today in the Daily Ranger:-

Rangers in crisis: Seven Ibrox stars worth £25m can go for just £8m following pay cut deals

May 16 2012 Exclusive by Keith Jackson

RECORD SPORT can today reveal the full multi-million pound cost of the secret sweeteners handed out to Ally McCoist’s most valuable stars by Duff and Phelps.

Even by conservative estimates, the eye-watering reductions slash the current market value of seven of Ally McCoist’s first-team stalwarts from around £25million to a fixed price of less than £8m.

And these cheap-as-chips deals look set to force owner Charles Green into overseeing a painful Ibrox jumble sale this summer.

The cut-price fees are the result of trade-offs made by Duff and Phelps when McCoist’s men agreed to take whopping 75 per cent wage cuts to keep the club in business.

The full list of bargain basement buys is being circulated around clubs in England and across Europe by agents who believe their clients can make a financial killing when the transfer market opens on June 1.

Record Sport has also received explosive details of the deals which were struck behind closed doors between David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, union boss Fraser Wishart and players’ advisers.

And we can reveal skipper Steve Davis, keeper Allan McGregor, team talisman Steven Naismith, Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty, Scotland full-back Steven Whittaker, USA international Maurice Edu and Romania defender Dorin Goian are the stand-out buys likely to attract most interest from vultures circling the stricken club.

Davis can go for a knockdown £1.65m and was already being lined up for a return to former club Aston Villa before they binned boss Alex McLeish on Monday.

Villa could yet return to the table for Davis who was signed for £4m from Fulham in the summer of 2008 after an initial loan period.

At 27 and captain of his country, Rangers could expect £5m for Davis under normal circumstances.

Scotland No.1 McGregor can be picked up for a flat fee of £2m – around £6m or £7m less than the prices being bandied about when he was linked with Spurs in 2009.

A fully-fit Naismith – who has already attracted serious interest from West Brom despite not kicking a ball for most of the campaign because of a cruciate injury – would probably be marked down as the single-most valuable asset following his blistering form over the previous two campaigns.

But his sale can be triggered if a bid of just £2m is tabled, which is just £100,000 more than Rangers paid to buy him from Kilmarnock.

After copping a two-week ban from the club following a bust-up with McCoist, Lafferty appears a racing certainty to want to cash in on his clause.

The £3.5m signing from Burnley is up for grabs at just £575,000 and Record Sport understands a firm bid could be imminent.

Whittaker has also never been more highly regarded after nailing down his place as a regular in Craig Levein’s Scotland side.

But although the player Rangers bought from Hibs for £2m in August 2007 is now entering his prime and tied up on a long-term new deal he’s on the market for just £850,000.

At just £300,000, USA midfielder Edu might be viewed as the biggest bargain of the lot, given his experience of representing his country at the highest level including the World Cup in South Africa. That price represents a massive £2.3m loss on a player who was lured to Scotland four years ago in a £2.6m deal.

Goian appeared to be something of a steal last summer when McCoist picked him up for £750,000. But Rangers don’t even stand to turn a profit on the 31-year-old as his deal allows him to move on for only £500,000 should any clubs come calling over the next three months.

It had been hoped new Rangers owners might get the chance to negotiate with these players and urge them to rip up the recently redrawn contracts but Green arrived too late to open talks.

Now the man who plans to push through an £8.5m takeover of an already ravaged club could also be exposed to losing his biggest assets at fire-sale prices.

9 million for mcgregor and 5 million for davis. 3.5 mil for lafferty.....dont make me fukin laugh?!