Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

HMRC lose the majority of their court cases. Mainly on technicalities which is down to their own blithering incompetence. Anyone hanging their hopes on that mob of state spawned drivel to come up trumps for them better prepare themselves for a let down.

I can remember seeing a breakdown of the cost of court cases HMRC bring compared to the amounts of money recovered, it was wildly out of kilter. They spend a fortune on these cases and bring in a fraction of f**k all.

None of this is true. Thanks for playing.

IMO if a snap judgement was to be made it would be in Rangers favour since if you read the judicial panel protocol a transfer embargo isn't in the available punishments for the rules they were found in breach of.

To be honest, I don't expect any kind of snap judgement. Lord Carloway especially is a hardliner and will take his time to ensure firm punishment.

Fair point actually. H&D would be liable for any debt run up while in Administration wouldn't they?

Unless H&D had hoped to get shot of Rangers before the next PAYE was due, they may just run out of money!!!

desperation makes people do funny things, like get into bed with anyone with out carrying out basic checks. I suppose that's the attitude that got rangers into all this trouble in the first place.

So Green's bid is the financial equivalent of an STD?

Unless H&D had hoped to get shot of Rangers before the next PAYE was due, they may just run out of money!!!

Naw - H&D would have to budget for it as the club was under their custodianship for the period.....PAYE would have to be put aside each time staff were paid (which they were). Otherwise they'd be doing the same as Whytey, but unlike him they'd be straight in the clink.

I thought there was always a space reserved for the Title Holder and that Scotland would also retain it place for league champion so as long Motherwell only win the Champions League the league winner will still get a CL place. It is only the top 3 countries who run into problems because you can't have more than teams in the competition.

I checked. You are correct and I was wrong.

Appologies for spewing unchecked rubbish :(

Article. 2.03

c) If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to fewer than four

places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa

League through its domestic competitions, it is entitled to play in the UEFA

Champions League in addition to the association’s other UEFA

Champions League representative(s). In this case, the combined number

of places to which the titleholder's association is entitled in the UEFA

Champions League and UEFA Europa League does not change.

d) If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to fewer than four

places in the UEFA Champions League and does not qualify for the UEFA

Champions League or UEFA Europa League through its domestic

competitions, it is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League in

addition to the association’s other UEFA Champions League

representative(s). In this case, the association of the titleholder is entitled

to one additional place in the UEFA Champions League.

Borys

HMRC lose the majority of their court cases. Mainly on technicalities which is down to their own blithering incompetence. Anyone hanging their hopes on that mob of state spawned drivel to come up trumps for them better prepare themselves for a let down.

I can remember seeing a breakdown of the cost of court cases HMRC bring compared to the amounts of money recovered, it was wildly out of kilter. They spend a fortune on these cases and bring in a fraction of f**k all. Its basically a noising up exercise rather than a money collecting one. HMRC like to pretend they are playing hardball with you all the time, but this is a government organisation and is therefore run by incompetents and the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing.

The problem the HMRC have is as soon as they've trained up staff to a good level on tax law, they leave for the private sector for vastly more money, where they can use the knowledge they've gained to exploit loopholes in the system.

Maybe been answered before, so apologies:

If Rangers (IA) sell any players before any CVA is concluded (even if one is), then shouldn't the receipts be put towards the creditors pot? Even Green had indicated that the receipt due for Jelavic will be treated in this way.

At just £300,000, USA midfielder Edu might be viewed as the biggest bargain of the lot, given his experience of representing his country at the highest level including the World Cup in South Africa. That price represents a massive £2.3m loss on a player who was lured to Scotland four years ago in a £2.6m deal.

That's still too high

Maybe been answered before, so apologies:

If Rangers (IA) sell any players before any CVA is concluded (even if one is), then shouldn't the receipts be put towards the creditors pot? Even Green had indicated that the receipt due for Jelavic will be treated in this way.

es this is you selling your assets to pay your creditors, or some may be needed to keep the ship plodding on in running costs

es this is you selling your assets to pay your creditors, or some may be needed to keep the ship plodding on in running costs

That's the part I was kinda coming to - I don't believe they should be allowed to dispose of player assets to fund ongoing running costs - that is just deliberately running down the notional value of a business which is insolvent in all senses of the word.

Unless the new buyer/owner is meeting ongoing costs once the bank balance is truly at 0, then I think they have a duty to proceed with winding-up

All this talk of Rangers being a global brand was clearly shown to be crap on Monday as i had the misfortune to have to watch the BBC programme Pointless while at my parents

For those who have not seen the show before its like family fortunes in reverse with the contestants trying to get the lowest score possible. The surveyed people have been given 100 seconds to give as many correct answers as possible and these then represent points.

The 2nd question was "British teams that have played in the Champions league"

Now if Rangers or Celtic were global bands surely they would come out near the top of the list. :rolleyes:

The bottom three answers were

• Celtic - 10 out of the 100
  • Rangers - 9 out of 100
  • Blackburn Rovers 5 out of 100

Its still on thei-playerand the football part is between 18:30 and 25:00

The old firm are now not as big as they think they are. :D

I remember being down in the North of England on Holiday a couple of years ago and Rangers were playing a Champions League Qualifying match. English edition of the Sun had the result buried down in a tiny section with other diddy team results and did not bother with a match report, the OF mean nothing to the Ingerlanders