Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I am yer man Chico ( although I would have to fucking control the fucking swearing and not let the b*****ds wind me up to the point where I stood up, punched the fat The Rangers football club spokesknuckledragger in the puss before looking at the camera and proclaiming " the rest of you *** c***s can piss off as well ya fucking tax dodging freaks):o;)

Gets my vote!

I don't think he's all that smart. Him and Park have shown their hand now,

with them behind the Cardigan Consortium, I think Mr. Green's price just

went up by an eyewatering factor.

If they are relying on the knuckle-draggers of the RST to force Green into a sale,

they are playing with fire, those goons are too dumb to know where to draw the line.

Greed, threats and stupidity.

Good to see they've learned their lessons from the rotting corpse of their previous incarnation eh?

Agree, they've over played their hand. Now the fun will begin

It really is repulsive that Cardie Man and his Late Knights have turned up suddenly once the debts have gone from this tainted club. "protect the dignity"? Aye right. You could have turned up to pay the taxes, clear the debt and the small creditors, but you waited for a bargain

Truly repulsive. No to Newco.

Where's Cosgrove!!!!!

Sod that, where is Leggo? Looks like he has been SNUBBED! By the fast fading STV news teams who are actually all Catholics and involved in a conspiracy!

Looks like we'll need to wait for MORE! TOMORROW!

I've tried to find out in the thread, but too much has happened today. Is the appellate tribunal still going to happen and will it affect the newco?

Based on what we know - yes and yes.

For now nothing has changed... The Rangers FC plc still exists and, presumably, still owns SFA membership and SPL share.

And... surely... transferring them = same club in football eyes = sanctions follow.

Given that 'Rangers Oldco' are no more, and as yet 'Rangers Newco' don't have an SFA/SPL membership. Does this mean when the fixture lists are released on Monday that they will say 'Team X' ?

They aren't.

I've tried to find out in the thread, but too much has happened today. Is the appellate tribunal still going to happen and will it affect the newco?

the tribunal will still sit as the oldco still retains SFA membership, and if they are suspended the newco would have to accept that suspension when applying for membership

I think any one who wants smith to gain control of th club is an idiot he hasnt money to run a club he is backed by board members who were part of murrays pish green is new blood n can gt rid of the scum that killed a great club scum bein king n co smith was in charge of rangers a long time wen they were illegaly payin players u honestly think he nvr knew and wasnt takin a wee bonus here n there let green try get rid the old

Seemingly all clubs can vote on matters. Happened when Motherwell voted on Falkirk's (non-)promotion. Rather dodgy, but there it is.

I thought we abstained in that vote?

dont see the debate if th newco has no licence or membership when they do get it they then have to apply with spartans or any other club to take the vacant place in sfl3 when the space is created by teams being promoted. seems straightforward to me.

Based on what we know - yes and yes.

For now nothing has changed... The Rangers FC plc still exists and, presumably, still owns SFA membership and SPL share.

And... surely... transferring them = same club in football eyes = sanctions follow.

They aren't.

the tribunal will still sit as the oldco still retains SFA membership, and if they are suspended the newco would have to accept that suspension when applying for membership

Cheers guys.

So they have that and the SPL hurdle still to overcome. Any other pitfalls still in their way?

If Rangers are finally removed from Scottish football then I shall be going out on one of the biggest celebratory piss ups South Manchester has ever seen.

Are you kidding ? We had that when City won the league.

However it sounds tempting I'm in Sale I might just join you. :D

1339707769[/url]' post='6337121']

Would the SFA membership be the same as granting of the 'football licence' which has been mentioned recently. As I heard that the SPL would consider letting Newco play in the SPL without a licence. A complete farce of that was to ever happen as I myself could gather 22 blokes off the street and form my own non-licenced team to compete against them!

I'm not sure about this but I think club licensing was brought in as the SFA have been extending licences to more and more clubs, the Scottish cup this year might need a prelim round because of all the new eligible clubs.

SFA membership is granted in perpetuity meaning that these smaller clubs wouldn't have any real scrutiny without club licences to make sure they are keeping up standards, I don't think it was imagined it would be a barrier to higher up teams. The SPL decided that clubs should need an licence to participate. Rangers haven't met the basic credentials of submitting accounts. Maybe HibeeJibee can elaborate but I don't think you need a licence to retain membership, it just means your clubs status will come under review.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost