Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

First post in this legendary thread, been reading from the start though - it's been a rollercoaster ride, but now it really seems like the right ending is near :D I've never been one to wish ill on other teams, but the more I've learned about this whole sorry mess, the more I've come to really just want that lot put down for good. Cheating, tax evasion, threats, arrogance, even possibly matchfixing from the oldco, and the newco doesn't seem to be shedding much of the bad stuff, while it does want a free ride. I'll grudgingly accept it if the Newco win a FAIR election to the 3rd division (although I'll be supporting Spartans, Cove or whoever else has any decent chance), but they have no place in the SPL, or the 1st division for that matter.

Massive respect to Hearts, Dundee United and Aberdeen, and I hope two more follow today. I suspect my own team will not be among the first five, but in a way I can understand it: as the new boys in town, setting ourselves up to be targets of anyone's hate maybe isn't a great idea, so I think Roy's silence and then neutral comments were wise, just so long as he doesn't then go and vote Yes even when the result becomes a clear NO. Can't wait to see who'll be next though!

Yeah, I replied to a post above yours with the same point before reading as far as this. But this was essentially my point. Everyone will be wanting to be fifth.

If they are reading this thread, and I'm sure they or their minions will have some eyes on it, a joint announcement at 1000hrs and you will all share the greenies. Go team SPL.

From a conversation he had the other day, I don't think he was. But Uncle Roy's not stupid, the tide has turned and it would be foolish for anyone to vote yes now.

It's just a waiting game now, do you want to waste your announcement being 4th instead of making yourself the Famous 5th? Or do you risk missing being 5th and looking like you just following suit in an already decided vote.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if County and Caley have already discussed this together and announcements will come virtually at the same time. A gang of two as it were.

If I was a Chairman I'd rather announce today even if that meant being fourth than bringing up the rear like some bandwagon jumper

This, It genuinely would be of no surprise if Lawell came out saying Celtic will be the fifth vote to say no in order to be able to say "We killed off NewCo"

Stuart Simpson, GlasgowCollapseYesterday Rangers set up a direct debit against my account for the renewal of the two season tickets I hold without any prior notification to myself. The direct debit was promptly cancelled. It is not that I dont want to renew my season tickets but Rangers cannot give me any assurances as to which league they will play in for the coming season, if any. From recent announcements it appears that the other SPL clubs as turning against Rangers and they will be left in the wilderness after the meeting of 4th July 2012. Where does that leave the supporters. Will we be expected to pay the same season ticket rates for playing in the third division? This could not be answered by Rangers. Are the current players going to stay to "star" in games against the likes of East Stirling? I think not. If we are to play in Division 3 the so called investment by yet unnamed investors will need to be massive to bring the club back to the SPL in straight seasons. There are so many uncertainties still surrounding the club and unfortunately I am afraid to say the future is as bleak as todays weathe

This is a post from Richard "Rangers (sic) will definitely be voted into the SPL" Wilson's piece in the Herald today about Green making a complete coo's arse of direct debit arrangements. Seems they're not happy with a bit of fraud and have just started lifting money from their supporters' accounts without notice.

Funny thing is, they're not even competent enough to make the apparent theft to their benefit; all the money taken went straight to their creditors.

#nohonestlyamtellinyou!

• <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Wouldn't at all be surprised if County and Caley have already discussed this together and announcements will come virtually at the same time. A gang of two as it were.

They should be strongarming Sky to show the highland derby instead of the old firm.

51,279 posts over 2051 pages with over 3.6 million views, and this thread still keeps on giving. When this is all finally done and dusted, it's going to be like the end of The Truman Show, where we all look around wondering "What else is on?". Thankfully, the answer to that question will be the beginning of a Rangers-free SPL season.

Edit to change the post count as the number jumps so quickly. :ph34r:

Edited by Spain

Come on ICT be next.

Oh when the bears, get hounded out

Oh when the bears get hounded out

Oh to be part of that number, when the bears get hounded out

I always thought is was "I wanna be in that number"... :huh:

If I was a Chairman I'd rather announce today even if that meant being fourth than bringing up the rear like some bandwagon jumper

Agreed, but I'm more than happy with Rod Petrie's original statement a few weeks ago which I'm sure must have got a few sphincters twitching in Ibrox and in the MSM.

The Highland firm reunite, in the SPL this time, the old firm fall apart. Coincidence?

The Highland firm, the next force in Scottish football.

The Highland firm reunite, in the SPL this time, the old firm fall apart. Coincidence?

The Highland firm, the next force in Scottish football.

Bringing staunch Presbyterianism back to where it once belonged.

Probably, but I suspect we'll play it the stereotypical Highlander way and try not to kick up a fuss, so we'll pop along in 8th and 9th place with announcements.