Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I never described it as derisory and I'm not a Hibs fan, so what's your point? It is decent money given Allan's contract status.

Two specific players at Hibs' level might be of more use than Allan to Hibs. If the money can be spent wisely while the transaction has not enhanced Rangers, then of course it's better news for Hibs, especially given that Allan had been unsettled.

Rob may well be attempting banter, but it's a shit example of the genre.

Stop taking everything so personal, it was a general point about how some people have suddenly changed opinions.

And yet you preceded it by quoting my post, then plucked the phrase "decent money" from it and used it to start your own.

Ok.

Well I apologise for plucking from you, won't happen again.

Yet your day has been that Good the first thing you have come home and done is post tedious pish in said tedious pish filled thread

If you must know I was bored out my tits on the train home and thought I'd check in to relieve the tedium. What's your excuse?

Decent money? A similar offer was recently described as derisory by many hibs fans on here.Decent players? I'd say that Celtic probably see Allan as the better player, so you could say that hibs have been weakened.S'pose it is better from a hibs viewpoint in that regard, my opinion is that Allan is a bit overrated...Robs engaging in banter, deal with it.

Rangers are a direct rival though so their offer would have to have been a hell of a lot more to be considered. Money Rangers wouldn't have been able to afford Celtic have come in with a decent wedge of cash and a couple of players for a player soon to be out of contract. Completely different situations.

Ok. Even if you've merely said it as opposed to boasted of it, it's bloody weird.

I'll tell you what's weird MT, you've said yourself that you come on here for some escapism, perhaps in the same way others might enjoy a book or a film? Your choice however is to continually come on here and post your patronising drivel for your kicks. Sad and desperate digs have become your regular diet. There's not even a distant trace of humour in your posts anymore, the light really has gone out.

Rangers are a direct rival though so their offer would have to have been a hell of a lot more to be considered. Money Rangers wouldn't have been able to afford Celtic have come in with a decent wedge of cash and a couple of players for a player soon to be out of contract. Completely different situations.

It's a similar amount of cash and the two players are obviously considered to be less talented than

Alan, its quite a poor deal

Win win for Celtic tho, it deflects from Joan Collins recent faux pas, gives them a possible prospect but I suspect that they were hoping that ego would get the better of king and Rangers...

It's a similar amount of cash and the two players are obviously considered to be less talented than Alan, its quite a poor dealWin win for Celtic tho, it deflects from Joan Collins recent faux pas, gives them a possible prospect but I suspect that they were hoping that ego would get the better of king and Rangers...

One of those "obviously less talented players" is on loan to Hibs for a year and has just signed a new 3 year deal with Celtic. :1eye

It's a similar amount of cash and the two players are obviously considered to be less talented than Alan, its quite a poor dealWin win for Celtic tho, it deflects from Joan Collins recent faux pas, gives them a possible prospect but I suspect that they were hoping that ego would get the better of king and Rangers...

I must admit, I don't think Celtic would have bothered getting him if Rangers hadn't made a few bids. It's obvious they're just putting Rangers in their place. But I'm sure Rangers would be doing the exact same if the roles were reversed. It's pretty amusing to the neutral also.

I must admit, I don't think Celtic would have bothered getting him if Rangers hadn't made a few bids. It's obvious they're just putting Rangers in their place. But I'm sure Rangers would be doing the exact same if the roles were reversed. It's pretty amusing to the neutral also.

I saw it more as taking a gamble on a player and exploiting hibs weak position myself and hibs had already said they would sell to any club apart from Rangers, maybe trying to get Rangers to make a silly bid....

If hibs were open to offers from Rangers and Celtic had outbid then you'd have had a point.

I saw it more as taking a gamble on a player and exploiting hibs weak position myself and hibs had already said they would sell to any club apart from Rangers, maybe trying to get Rangers to make a silly bid....If hibs were open to offers from Rangers and Celtic had outbid then you'd have had a point.

Either way I still think Hibs have got a good deal out of it. But I don't think he would've made a massive difference to the Rangers team anyway. Not the type of player to get into a bidding war over either.

If thats the route you are going for then you are correct but in red robs terms it is more down to the fact he is showing he can't bring himself to type their name , either way this arguement is already boring me to tears before it has begun stoney

Why do you **** always see discussions as arguments? It is rather telling of your mindset.

I saw it more as taking a gamble on a player and exploiting hibs weak position myself and hibs had already said they would sell to any club apart from Rangers, maybe trying to get Rangers to make a silly bid....

If hibs were open to offers from Rangers and Celtic had outbid then you'd have had a point.

Celtic have effectively outbid Rangers. Even if we leave aside that it would naturally have taken more money for Hibs to be prepared to lose the player to a direct rival, it's likely that Celtic's ability to pay the money upfront is more attractive to the selling club.

We also have the factor of the players making the reverse journey. There are two of them who are likely to play at Hibs' level, while much less likely to do so at Celtic's. That's a pretty significant aspect of this that might enable Hibs to feel not terribly weakened at all, even though Allan would be considered better than each of them individually.

I'll tell you what's weird MT, you've said yourself that you come on here for some escapism, perhaps in the same way others might enjoy a book or a film? Your choice however is to continually come on here and post your patronising drivel for your kicks. Sad and desperate digs have become your regular diet. There's not even a distant trace of humour in your posts anymore, the light really has gone out.

I do plenty of book reading and film watching, thanks. Indeed, all my P&Bing takes place on a Kindle as my reading darts about. Your interest in my lifestyle is starting to assume creepy dimensions by the way.

I've chosen to read your bit about my "sad and desperate digs" at others, in the context of it coming from someone who just referred to another group as "bin dippers".

Celtic have effectively outbid Rangers. Even if we leave aside that it would naturally have taken more money for Hibs to be prepared to lose the player to a direct rival, it's likely that Celtic's ability to pay the money upfront is more attractive to the selling club.We also have the factor of the players making the reverse journey. There are two of them who are likely to play at Hibs' level, while much less likely to do so at Celtic's. That's a pretty significant aspect of this that might enable Hibs to feel not terribly weakened at all, even though Allan would be considered better than each of them individually.

Hibs at no point ever said they would be selling to rangers , that is the be all and end all of this specific sale . Had we been promoted we would have probably got him earlier in the summer but we were not so straight away that is where the deal fell through , also unsure why everyone is banging on and getting excited about the point right now celtic have more money than us , this is surely common knowledge

Hibs at no point ever said they would be selling to rangers , that is the be all and end all of this specific sale . Had we been promoted we would have probably got him earlier in the summer but we were not so straight away that is where the deal fell through , also unsure why everyone is banging on and getting excited about the point right now celtic have more money than us , this is surely common knowledge

When the cheque clears hibs will have more money than you.

All true enough, but why you've posted it in irritable response to me, I don't know.

What did I say that you feel you're challenging here?