whisky lovers

I've just tried the Glenfarclas 15yo that I got for Xmas. 
It's lovely, so thanks to whoever it was that posted the link when it was on offer on Amazon (and my Mrs that bought it I suppose).

Still never tried a Glenfarclas (that I can recall anyway) Heard many good things about it though.

Anyone had any Loch Lomond single malt experience? My son got me a bottle for xmas, no age on the box or bottle, just wondering if it compares to any others? Cheers folks

All I know about Loch Lomond whisky is that Tarry the dog gets pissed drinking it in the Tintin book The Derk Isle (tonight's bed time story!).

b5b994f2b58081eaea33f300131aff11.jpg

Usually quite a big single malt fan. Prefer the Islay stuff - particularly Laphroaig and Ardbeg but also partial to certain Speysides like the Glenlivet French Oak Reserve which has a lovely cherry flavour. Highland Park is also a very well balanced all-rounder.
Bought a miniature of Haig Club which I've yet to drink, more out of curiosity than anything else. Says "single grain" which I assume is not the same as single malt (I'm no expert, I just know what I like and what I don't).

Somebody passed me on a miniature of the haig club past week.

It was a total waste of sobriety.

The glenfarclas 15 that's been mentioned though.....different story. I got it for £33 on amazon the other week, and it is without doubt the best value malt I've ever bought. Even at its normal price (£45-£50) it's still a good buy.

Anyone had any Loch Lomond single malt experience? My son got me a bottle for xmas, no age on the box or bottle, just wondering if it compares to any others? Cheers folks

Somebody mentioned to me the other week that some of the Loch lomond stuff is actually not bad, and is being severely overlooked at the moment.

I've not delved in yet, but if you crack it open would be interested to hear what you think.

Looking to make a start with my malt collection, for drinking.

Anyone tried, anCnoc, it's a local distillery to me, 

And ,  the laddie ten, 

No reason for them other I have to start somewhere.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, looking at around £40 max per bottle 

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Im trying to remember how it came to my attention think it was on one of them itison offers so id like to think they are legit. Just wondered if anyone had an idea of what sort of stuff they send out

Better be good, works out as £65 a bottle.