What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Let's Get Harry

A long forgotten mid '80s action flick, directed by the late, great Alan Smithee and starring Robert Duvall, Gary Busey and Biff Tannen as a bunch of civilians who travel to Columbia to rescue a friend who has been kidnapped by terrorists.

It's fairly jingoistic and not exactly realistic but it's enjoyable enough. It's certainly no worse than the likes of Rambo, Red Dawn or any Chuck Norris movie.

7/10

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Trumbo, Spotlight, The Big Short and The Revenant all in the past two weeks. Always this time of year the cineworld card takes a hammering. All films a great entertaining watch. The Revenant I felt was overly long and the bleak winter scenery made it feel like a bit of a grind at times.

Spotlight.

I can see how people would find this a bit slow and boring, but if you watch the trailer you know exactly what you're gonna get.

I thought it was absolutely tremendous and well deserving of the Oscar nomination it received for best picture. Better than The Revenant for me which looks to be the likely winner I'd imagine.

Spotlight.

I can see how people would find this a bit slow and boring, but if you watch the trailer you know exactly what you're gonna get.

I thought it was absolutely tremendous and well deserving of the Oscar nomination it received for best picture. Better than The Revenant for me which looks to be the likely winner I'd imagine.

I think Spotlight wins btw.

Spotlight.

Spotlight is the current bookmakers' favourite.

The Program

Dramatised version of David Walsh's belief from early on that Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat. Decent enough, but with two excellent factual films already out there in Stop At Nothing and The Armstrong Lie then it was going to be hard to top them. Ben Foster is superb as Armstrong.

7/10

Edited by peasy23

What We Do in the Shadows 7/10

I enjoyed this even more the second time round. The bit with the police house inspection cracked me up, which I sort of missed first time, and the send-up of different vampire film tropes is brilliant. Still, slightly loses the place in last half-hour for me.

Soaked in Bleach 7/10

A documentary film investigation into theories about Kurt Cobain's death. It's well put-together, with interesting recreations of meetings and events, and genuine recordings from the time. Still, I'm not sure it tells us anything new, but does at least put it all into one place.

The Martian 9/10

Absolutely loved this. Actually quite moving at times. Great film.

Deadpool

Excellent fun and surprisingly a much better film than I expected. 90 mins of action scenes,dick and fart jokes and some plot that you wont really care about coz you will be laughing too much.

9/10 , gets an extra point for Morena Baccarin getting them out :)